Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Date advice: where to get evening coffee?

• 03-11-2019 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I'm trying to organise a coffee date but can't seem to find any cafes that stay open past 6:30 or 7pm?
    Where can I meet a guy for a quiet cup of coffee in the evenings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Java’s on Abbeygate Street is open until late

• Registered Users Posts: 25,666 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Nero on Eyre Square just up from the Skef seems to be open until 8pm Is very popular, so maybe no so quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Tristan100

Great, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Somewhere like the bar of the House Hotel might be a good option too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Pubs do coffee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

The secret garden cafe on sea road is open until 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Few pints a better option

• Registered Users Posts: 12,799 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Few pints a better option

On a date, perhaps not. And besides, there has to be an alternative social opportunity out there then the pub culture.

flazio wrote: »
    On a date, perhaps not.

Definitely on a date, I’d have seen it as a requirement for the easy stages of seeing someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

I've never gone for pints on a first date, always tried to do some activity, coffee and a walk or something like that. anyway perhaps they don't drink?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Pistachio

The Secret Garden on William Street West is another option, think they are open till 11pm, huge range of teas, great coffee and amazing desserts. Lovely relaxed atmosphere, I think they have music sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Pistachio wrote: »
    I think they have music sometimes.
    Best not to go on those evenings if it's for a date.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,666 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Definitely on a date, I’d have seen it as a requirement for the easy stages of seeing someone.

Ahh, noxx ... your posts are never a disappointment! :D

Ahh, noxx ... your posts are never a disappointment! :D

It should have said early stages.

To be honest the concept of “dating” isn’t really a thing in Ireland or certainly wasn’t up to 7 years or so ago when I left the single world.

You met someone on a night out (usually near the end when hammered) and got with them, continued to meet them on nights out for a few weeks/months and then the next step was always meeting for a night at the cinema which would be the first non-drinking meet up.

This is pretty much the way it was done by all in my group of friends.

Advertisement