Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ferguson Ariva 250

Options
1727374757678»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Seb79

Hi Tony,

Thanks for that. I am not connected to satellite, only terrestrial channels like virgin media 1/2/3, tg4 etc.. which were working "ok" yesterday. I did what you just recommended but no change for these channels :(

Thanks,

Seb

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Ok, maybe a problem with the aerial then perhaps . If you google saorview coverage checker and find out what UHF channel you are on you can then enter under "manual terrestrial scan" and check signal level and quality.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Hi Tony,

Thank you so much for that. Tried it and again there was nothing showing. I then simply unplugged the aerial at both ends and re-plugged it and there was then a signal and I have all our channels back. Probably just a loose wire.... Case closed thanks again!!

Seb.

Glad you got it back working
    Seb79 wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

Thank you so much for that. Tried it and again there was nothing showing. I then simply unplugged the aerial at both ends and re-plugged it and there was then a signal and I have all our channels back. Probably just a loose wire.... Case closed thanks again!!

Seb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Sorry to drag up an old thread but my parents recently lost all UK freesat channels on their Ariva 250 box. I've looked back on the issues and fixes on the thread and have tried numerous suggestions. Currently running the latest firmware etc but still not getting any UK channels.

Wondering if anyone else has had an issue recently? Perhaps it's time to get a new box they've had it quite some time at this stage. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Sorry to drag up an old thread but my parents recently lost all UK freesat channels on their Ariva 250 box. I've looked back on the issues and fixes on the thread and have tried numerous suggestions. Currently running the latest firmware etc but still not getting any UK channels.

Wondering if anyone else has had an issue recently? Perhaps it's time to get a new box they've had it quite some time at this stage. Cheers.

if its satellite channels check is lnb power on - what it may be is the satellite may need realligning - wind may have moved it

Nowso wrote: »
    if its satellite channels check is lnb power on - what it may be is the satellite may need realligning - wind may have moved it

Thanks Nowso, checked LNB and its set to 'On'. Had a look at satellite and it seems OK to my untrained eye,
    but might need to get someone more experienced to look at it. Was trying to ensure I had run through all standard fixes beforehand.

Thanks Nowso, checked LNB and its set to 'On'. Had a look at satellite and it seems OK to my untrained eye,
    but might need to get someone more experienced to look at it. Was trying to ensure I had run through all standard fixes beforehand.

check the cable is in the in at the back and not the out and a lot would need to be retuned after that long aswell

have uu a different box to try also

have uu a different box to try also

No, unfortunately not. There's nothing else that I'm missing from the installation menu point of view. Satellite is Astra 2A and have also tried Eurobird.

• Advertisement

No, unfortunately not. There's nothing else that I'm missing from the installation menu point of view. Satellite is Astra 2A and have also tried Eurobird.

if u retuned and not getting any likeky the dish but some tuners did go in them fergusons b4

Are the Uk channels appearing in the channel list ? Does it say "All Channels" at the top of the channel list ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Go to Sky News or BBC1 and see what the signal strength is.

Get yourself a satfinder on Ebay, they're handy to have.

zrVtxeT.jpg

(You dont need a satfinder to check the signal strength btw, its an option in the Arivas menus)

Tony wrote: »
    Are the Uk channels appearing in the channel list ? Does it say "All Channels" at the top of the channel list ?

No, I'm only getting Irish channels on the 'Channel list'. Yes it does say all channels, but there are only 28 odd, all Irish related, some duplicated.

Thargor wrote: »
    Go to Sky News or BBC1 and see what the signal strength is.

Get yourself a satfinder on Ebay, they're handy to have.

zrVtxeT.jpg

(You dont need a satfinder to check the signal strength btw, its an option in the Arivas menus)

Unfortunately don't have BBC or Sky news to check the signal strength.

Ok you must have done a factory reset to delete the existing channels before re tuning.
    No, I'm only getting Irish channels on the 'Channel list'. Yes it does say all channels, but there are only 28 odd, all Irish related, some duplicated.

You can check satellite signal strength by going to the "TP List" in the menu. I think your problem may be in order of probability 1. Dish alignment 2. Cable or F connector issue 3. LNB failure on the dish 4. The tuner in the box itself.
    Unfortunately don't have BBC or Sky news to check the signal strength.

Tony wrote: »
    You can check satellite signal strength by going to the "TP List" in the menu. I think your problem may be in order of probability 1. Dish alignment 2. Cable or F connector issue 3. LNB failure on the dish 4. The tuner in the box itself.

Just saw your replies Tony, thanks for your suggestions. I'm away from home again but will mention to the old fella. He said he was going to contact the guy he had install it originally. My uneducated guess would be dish issue as well. We'll see.

Thanks again to all who replied.

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone had this issue. A lot of the time when we watch a recorded program it jumps forward and we miss half the program if not all of it. By example, 1 hour show is recorded, we watched 5 mins and suddenly it jumps to 37 mins or 40 mins or whatever, it's kind of random.

Any ideas why this may happen?

Thanks,

Seb.

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone had this issue. A lot of the time when we watch a recorded program it jumps forward and we miss half the program if not all of it. By example, 1 hour show is recorded, we watched 5 mins and suddenly it jumps to 37 mins or 40 mins or whatever, it's kind of random.

Any ideas why this may happen?

Thanks,

Seb.
    sounds like the hard drive - slow or full especially if it was hd your recording

• Advertisement

sounds like the hard drive - slow or full especially if it was hd your recording

Thanks. I can always try with another hard drive but the one that is currently there is far from being full ðŸ™. I'll try and see what happens. This never happened before it only started recently.

Thanks. I can always try with another hard drive but the one that is currently there is far from being full ðŸ™. I'll try and see what happens. This never happened before it only started recently.

they dont need to be very full to slow down especially on hd

• Registered Users Posts: 32 gerkildare

Advance apologies if this Q is in the wrong thread but I've been here before with some Ariva questions.

First just a 'heads up' about my setup...

I'm using an Ariva 250 in kitchen and an Ariva 153 in sittingroom - each is fed from the dish/LNB by a separate cable that's at least 11+ years old [I'm not sure if cable age is relevant here or not?]

The 153 is the newer of the 2 boxes and, in truth, is the more finicky/'crap' of the two, to the extent that'd I'd be very hesitant about ever buying another Ariva - it constantly needs to be powered off and other lesser issues with the menu, back button, etc. etc. [I can just about live with these annoyances]

Recently a strange intermittent but fairly constant [yeah, I know, aren't the weird ones always intermittent] problem has raised it's head though;

...If I try to watch a satellite channel [i.e. NOT terrestrial RTE etc] on the 153 I HAVE to have the 250 working the same channel AND leave it on that channel while I'm watching the 153 - to be clear I mean if I want to watch say, BBCHD One, I HAVE to have that channel selected on the 250 first or else the 153 will just show the 'No Signal' floating dialogue box on ALL satellite channels.

If the 250 isn't 'on' the same channel the 153 will stay at 'No Signal' for all satellite channels until I select the channel on the 250, then the signal reaches the 153.

If I then switch the 250 away from that channel the 'No Signal' again reappears on all satellite channels on the 153.

This doesn't happen and/or isn't affected if I want to watch terrestrial on the 153.

Far as I'm aware [because I haven't noticed it yet] it doesn't apply in the opposite direction i.e. the 153 has to be 'on' first to affect the 250.

[EDIT: the last sentence, above, is now not true! - NOW the 153 is working but the 250 is receiving no satellite channels!!🤬🤬]

This is wrecking my head so any decent suggestions of help will be most welcome!

Thanks folks👍

Post edited by gerkildare on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Not sure if anyone is still running one of these but I just changed the channel numbering system on my Zgemma so that 1 is RTE 1 instead of 110, 2 is RTE2 etc etc.

Does anyone know if theres a similar feature on the Ariva and where it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

On all the Ariva's I had and have you could set up favourites lists and put stations in any order .

I presume the 250 is the same

Advertisement