Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*All* Carry-on Baggage charges Queries & Questions ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭mmc2010

will I be allowed carry on a razor on a shorthaul flight. I think the one that we're carrying is https://www.boots.ie/mens/shaving-grooming/gillette-mach3-razor-and-blades-11pk-10215562

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

You'll be fine with those. Disposable razors in cartridges are allowed in hand luggage. Brought them on plenty of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Yes, cartridge razors are ok for hand luggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,311 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Berserker wrote: »
    You'll be fine with those. Disposable razors in cartridges are allowed in hand luggage. Brought them on plenty of times.

+1 razor blades are prohibited in hand luggage but where the blades are sealed in a cartridge, it's considered a 'safety razor' and is allowed.

You can also carry on a penknife as long as the blade length (pivot point to tip) does not exceed 6 cms. So the very small Swiss Army penknives on a keyring are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭mmc2010

thanks very much all!

• Advertisement

Locker10a wrote: »
    It appears they are trialling a new policy where you can check in a small 10kg case for €5, this would probably be a popular option going forward

is this still ongoing? I can't see anything on their website.

Travelling to LHR later this week and not having to put toiletries in a bag would be ideal

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Aegir wrote: »
    is this still ongoing? I can't see anything on their website.

Travelling to LHR later this week and not having to put toiletries in a bag would be ideal

Maybe message them on one of their social media pages ? I’m not sure, you could also jsut try to drop off the case at the desk and have the fiver ready they’ll either accept that or do it for free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

They don't take cash. You have to pay by card.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,334 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I want to be bring my camera on board and I have been looking at camera backpacks, however, they are all over the Ryanair limit of 40×25×20, but not overly massive, maybe a few inches.

Would I get away with bringing a camera backpack on board or am I better off putting the backpack into my checked in 20kg luggage and bring the camera on board in the smaller shoulder bag that I have?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭jmreire

Will be flying to Belgrade next week with Lufthansa, suitcase with 23Kg in the hold is allowed and listed on the ticket, which is fine... but no mention of cabin bag allowance? Anyone any experience of this? Outward carrier is Lufthansa, return leg with Swissair.
    Thanks for any information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

jmreire wrote: »
    Will be flying to Belgrade next week with Lufthansa, suitcase with 23Kg in the hold is allowed and listed on the ticket, which is fine... but no mention of cabin bag allowance? Anyone any experience of this? Outward carrier is Lufthansa, return leg with Swissair.
    Thanks for any information.

8 kg cabin bag plus a personal item. They're not strict on carry-on baggage in my experience.

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/carry-on-baggage

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭jmreire

VG31 wrote: »
    8 kg cabin bag plus a personal item. They're not strict on carry-on baggage in my experience.

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/carry-on-baggage

Thanks VG31. Thats exactly what was looking for....but could not find it on the ticket documents.
    All the Best:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

I want to be bring my camera on board and I have been looking at camera backpacks, however, they are all over the Ryanair limit of 40×25×20, but not overly massive, maybe a few inches.

Would I get away with bringing a camera backpack on board or am I better off putting the backpack into my checked in 20kg luggage and bring the camera on board in the smaller shoulder bag that I have?
    get a bag for camera and throw it into shoulder bag, i presume its dlsr, just detach lens securely and should fit in either cabin or simple backpack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

Hi flying with aerlingus transatlantic , will have a small carry on suitcase that fits their dimensions , would i get away with this as other personal item small back pack

844451.jpg?auto=format,compress&cs=srgb&w=550&h=550&fit=fill&fill=solid&dpr=1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Hi flying with aerlingus transatlantic , will have a small carry on suitcase that fits their dimensions , would i get away with this as other personal item small back pack

844451.jpg?auto=format,compress&cs=srgb&w=550&h=550&fit=fill&fill=solid&dpr=1
    Is it small enough to fit under the seat in front? Does it meet the dimensions of the personal item?

Locker10a wrote: »
    Is it small enough to fit under the seat in front? Does it meet the dimensions of the personal item?

will fit under front seat no probs , the dimensions are slightly bigger than personal item on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

That Escapist 32 backpack is considerably bigger (51x32x31) than the small handbag allowance of 25 x 33 x 20 cm. I think you'd be pushing your luck to get it on TBH.

RoYoBo wrote: »
    That Escapist 32 backpack is considerably bigger (51x32x31) than the small handbag allowance of 25 x 33 x 20 cm. I think you'd be pushing your luck to get it on TBH.

:D
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

This might be better in the parenting forum but wondering if people had travelled with car seats in checked luggage and whether we need to bubble wrap them or do anything in advance?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Never wrapped them in advance but remove or secure anything that hangs out of them such as straps etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Bubble wrap and extra towels extra wrapped around it. It’s also handy for storing nappies in when travelling. If a car seat is dropped it can cause damage internally that may render it unsafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Have only ever put car seats into a heavy duty refuse sack TBH. Tag them at the bag drop & deliver to oversize baggage belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,233 ✭✭✭✭ted1

What type car seat ? Booster seats you can bring on the plane.
    If you are taking a maxi Cosi type. You can keep the kid bring it to the plane and they’ll look after it when you board and generally give it back when you depart

ted1 wrote: »
    What type car seat ? Booster seats you can bring on the plane.
    If you are taking a maxi Cosi type. You can keep the kid bring it to the plane and they’ll look after it when you board and generally give it back when you depart

One full size booster and one fixed maxi cozi azis for a 2-3 year old. They're both big and bulky so I'd rather check them in asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

xalot wrote: »
    One full size booster and one fixed maxi cozi azis for a 2-3 year old. They're both big and bulky so I'd rather check them in asap.

I have car seat bags. Wrap car seats in towels,nappies and stuff to protect them. Then they are checked into oversized luggage. I’ve been travelling with large extended rear facing seats for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭k123456

I have used a large plastic bag (heavy duty) As car seats are not included in your luggage allowance and hence not weighed , can be used for extra clothes etc, once in a bag , securely tied

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭edeldonlon

We always take our car seat with us and use one of these bag

https://www.amazon.co.uk/iSafe-Universal-Car-Seat-Travel/dp/B008RLT5VE

I fill it with nappies and wipes and off we go!

That's genius, unfortunately we're travelling tomorrow so wont have time to order

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭1997

Hey,just wondered if anyone could give me some help/advice. Travelling for first time in 7yrs to Lanzarote on sat. Havent been abroad in so long and only found out today that there is a restriction on medication. Husband is on heart/blood pressure and few others and just wondered will he be able to bring these or should we fill the prescription over there? Tia for any help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

1997 wrote: »
    Hey,just wondered if anyone could give me some help/advice. Travelling for first time in 7yrs to Lanzarote on sat. Havent been abroad in so long and only found out today that there is a restriction on medication. Husband is on heart/blood pressure and few others and just wondered will he be able to bring these or should we fill the prescription over there? Tia for any help.

Bring the meds with a prescription/doctor's letter and bring it in carry on, not packed luggage and you'll be grand. Medication is heavily subsidised there though so if you pay full cost for it every month, it might work out better for you to buy a load there and bring it back.

As long as you don't take the p*ss with a giant back, airlines will let you bring a slightly bigger bag as carry on. I fly Ryanair often with lots of medication and it's never an issue.

Advertisement