Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sticking your hands up

Options
  • 03-11-2019 1:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

How come people always complain about people holding up their phones yet they never mention people holding their hands up the whole concert and sticking their finger up ET style? This is very annoying to watch especially when they start fist pumping not to mention how it blocks your view. This is one of the reasons why I will probably stop attending live music at some stage as it sums up how selfish humans are, they are happy to block someones view all night just so that they can satisfy an urge to fist pump. People will say "would you rather they stand and do nothing?" yes I actually would, I don't want to watch your hairy freckly hand covering the singer all night, could you not just stick to head hanging or dancing with your arms at your side?
    Then there are the women who sit on their boyfriends shoulders, thankfully I have never witnessed it in person, I can't comprehend the selfishness of that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ekano

How come people always complain about people holding up their phones yet they never mention people holding their hands up the whole concert and sticking their finger up ET style? This is very annoying to watch especially when they start fist pumping not to mention how it blocks your view. This is one of the reasons why I will probably stop attending live music at some stage as it sums up how selfish humans are, they are happy to block someones view all night just so that they can satisfy an urge to fist pump. People will say "would you rather they stand and do nothing?" yes I actually would, I don't want to watch your hairy freckly hand covering the singer all night, could you not just stick to head hanging or dancing with your arms at your side?
    Then there are the women who sit on their boyfriends shoulders, thankfully I have never witnessed it in person, I can't comprehend the selfishness of that.

I've seen your previous comments on this site. Please think before typing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

People really are selfish for having fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

picard-facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

You should probably just stay at home and watch a gig on youtube.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

The complaint about phones seems to be that people arent getting into the gig or living in the moment, instead trying to record it in a desparate and ultimately futile attempt to hold back the ravages of time and make the moment last forever.

Waving ones hands in the air is the human equivalent of a dog wagging its tail.

Also, the human eye is immediatley attracted to a bright shiney screen. We cant help it. So its distracting not because it blocks the view, but rather the eye is drwwn towards it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Where do you stand on head nodding?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Stillill42 wrote: »

Just above feet shuffling I'd say

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Stillill42 wrote: »

As long as its ones own head, I cant see the problem!

Advertisement