Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car dealerships cork road

• 16-02-2017 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭

big interest in cars and the motor trade and always go the Cork road way when going through Waterford as its impressive ' motor mile'

Just wondered if anybody knows anything about developments planned there ?

For instance George Corbett is a leading dealership for Mazda but has taken on Skoda so mazda are moved to side of building out of sight to passing traffic.
    considering mazda are becoming more and more popular and they are upgrading their dealer network - I imagine this is only temporary and they are planning to build new showrooms for the brand ?

people may have noticed the new premises being built opp. Tom Murphys - believe it is Boland jaguar and land rover showrooms . This means they will move from Autoboland premises - does this mean it will become just Volvo and Honda showrooms ??- I believe Volvo are upgrading their dealer network and don't want the brand being sold alongside loads of other brands.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 katanajay

It`s hard to say Goochy unless Bolands decide to do anything. Some people probably don`t know but as far as I`m aware Bolands own most of the garages out there. They own Audi, Bolands BMW, H+H motors, Autoboland, the new Jaguar Garage, they bought out Sheridans, Mc Connells and T&C motors. They made an offer to Tom Murphy but that didn`t work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭goochy

They really own sheridans and mc connells? that's a monopoly !
    Sheridans is a bit of a mess - two leading brands and a small forecourt full of second-hand cars of all makes and mc connells premises are one of the least attractive of Toyota dealers
    BOlands Hyundai showroom is quite small and tucked away from passing trade - strange when they have that empty showroom behind H and h

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I dont think they own Sheridans and Mc connells ,but they do own John Kellys and T&C's Kellys was the first they bought out,off the top of my head the have Hyundai,Mini,BMW,Audi,Opel,Peugeot,Honda,Land Rover,Jaguar,Volvo,Renault and Hertz

• Registered Users Posts: 28,775 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

goochy wrote: »
    They really own sheridans and mc connells? that's a monopoly !
    Sheridans is a bit of a mess - two leading brands and a small forecourt full of second-hand cars of all makes and mc connells premises are one of the least attractive of Toyota dealers
    BOlands Hyundai showroom is quite small and tucked away from passing trade - strange when they have that empty showroom behind H and h

fits in with eu rulings ,i.e. monopolisation

• Registered Users Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

For instance George Corbett is a leading dealership for Mazda but has taken on Skoda so mazda are moved to side of building out of sight to passing traffic.
    considering mazda are becoming more and more popular and they are upgrading their dealer network - I imagine this is only temporary and they are planning to build new showrooms for the brand ?

Skoda's are really outselling Mazda's tough. If I had a car dealership I'd have my Skodas out the front and Mazda's to the side!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Skoda's are really outselling Mazda's tough. If I had a car dealership I'd have my Skodas out the front and Mazda's to the side!

Someone should tell Martin Barrett hes not the Skoda main dealer anymore hes still got the signage up and Skoda is all over his website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

katanajay wrote: »
    It`s hard to say Goochy unless Bolands decide to do anything. Some people probably don`t know but as far as I`m aware Bolands own most of the garages out there. They own Audi, Bolands BMW, H+H motors, Autoboland, the new Jaguar Garage, they bought out Sheridans, Mc Connells and T&C motors. They made an offer to Tom Murphy but that didn`t work out.

When did they buy out sheridans. Must be recently but I never heard this

Martin Barrett should have bought some place when property going cheap and opened a new dealership in prime location.
    it wouldn't have to cost the earth and he would have a good business for many years.
    regarding selling mazda and skoda - mazda are improving their dealer network so unlikely to be happy for the brand to not have visable presence on cork road.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

Bolands dont own Sheridans or McConnells

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

savic04 wrote: »
    Bolands dont own Sheridans or McConnells
    they bought rolor commercials off sheridan so whats to say they didn't buy the dealership as well??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭south

they bought rolor commercials off sheridan so whats to say they didn't buy the dealership as well??

this i suppose
    http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Sheridan-Waterford-Limited-88648

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

south wrote: »

Surehaul bought Rolor too not bolands.

Can't swear bolands don't own Surehaul but don't think so

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

Bolands would want to reassess the unloading of car transport lorries on the Cork Road, if they own that many brands on a continuous stretch of land you would think they would make provision to park their lorries off the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

Sorry to drag this thread back up. Has anyone heard anything about a new Mitsubishi dealership in Waterford? Simon Kavanaghs no longer have any Mitsubishi signage and aren't listed as a dealer on Mitsubishi Ireland's website. Contemplating buying an Outlander PHEV but couldn't be arsed if I have haul the thing to Wexford or Kilkenny for servicing.

know nothing about it are they not even a service dealer ? , but think Thomas Farrells should refurbish their ex petrol station shop and take on the brand in addition to Suzuki .

see Tom Murphys are upgrading the MB showroom now - thought Bolands might have gotten franchise after getting franchise in Wexford.

anyone got any more info. on new dealerships being opened by Bolands ? is it the empty site between Audi and Whitefield clinic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Its funny this thread popped up, I saw there were JCB's etc unloading on the land behind the new Bolands Jaguar the other day, doubt theres a dealership being built behind there down Witches Lane.

Another little tip is to go to Waterford Council Planning page and you can look up developments in that area

http://waterfordcouncil.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Solutions/s2.html?appid=3f7b7e4b89c34bbf96cc7706e8c3909a

• Registered Users Posts: 19,377 ✭✭✭✭road_high

know nothing about it are they not even a service dealer ? , but think Thomas Farrells should refurbish their ex petrol station shop and take on the brand in addition to Suzuki .

see Tom Murphys are upgrading the MB showroom now - thought Bolands might have gotten franchise after getting franchise in Wexford.

anyone got any more info. on new dealerships being opened by Bolands ? is it the empty site between Audi and Whitefield clinic?

I think there’s too many MB, Audi and BMW franchises in the south east. Was there really another needed in Wexford with Sheehys in Carlow and Tom Murphys in Waterford?

well the one in Wexford is the best - Tom Murphy spent millions during celtic tiger years but their Mercedes dealership is small and not very impressive - small forecourt and while Sheehys showrooms are decent and similar to Murphys - both dealerships show how a dual franchise dealership should not be built

Bolands BMW showrooms must be worst in country - very small - needs paint job and their used stock is small compared to most dealers

Autobolands JLR showrooms are very nice but wouldnt imagine sales are what they forecast when building ? - current Discovery is not a success and Jaguar E pace is way overpriced.

Advertisement