Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Diablo 4

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

But the amount of cheering for it is very very limited; expected more enthusiasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Nody wrote: »
    But the amount of cheering for it is very very limited; expected more enthusiasm.

Look at the panning shots of the crowd, bugger all are cheering so its like only the paid plants up front are micced up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

And the game play shown was not making me go wow to be honest; looks like Diablo 3...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

gameplay

https://youtu.be/g0vf70ylyy8

Yeah, it's prettier but basically the same as D3 from what little ye get to see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

And the game play shown was not making me go wow to be honest; looks like Diablo 3...

More Diablo 3 would be much welcome in my house.

More Diablo 3 would be much welcome in my house.
    Sorry but I expect more for a $60 game; if they only want to release an expansion I expect it priced accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,235 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Think people are sick of Blizzard offering up these amazing trailers then the gameplay is a damp rag of microtransactions and s!ite initial gameplay.

Also, the company is a festering cesspool right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Sorry but I expect more for a $60 game; if they only want to release an expansion I expect it priced accordingly.

I get what your saying. They didnt show enough for us to be proclaiming its worth.

a twitch steamer has been playing it, gives a better look at the gameplay

see it here

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/502597635?t=01s

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

All the top D3 content creators and streamers are very happy about it, that's good enough for me as I've followed these guys for years.
    I cannot wait.

Pretty much every ARPG look similar to be fair, its the gameplay mechanics,abilitities,skill tree,builds,loot and endgame content that matter more than anything else in an ARPG.

This video is pretty much the feelings across the board from the Diablo community.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭kg703

Can’t wait for it!

Looooot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Thankfully they have made the game look dark and grittier again like Diablo 2 from what game play I have seen, Diablo 3's palette was much to bright at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Animations look slick although the action seems a bit stilted and not as free flowing as 3.

Plenty of info here , it is going to be so much different than diablo 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Hope its closer to D2 than D3. When you get to the point in D3 where you can teleport through the whole map at light speed nuking the whole screen as you go was when the game became boring to me

Hope its closer to D2 than D3. When you get to the point in D3 where you can teleport through the whole map at light speed nuking the whole screen as you go was when the game became boring to me

Up the diffficulty and that is impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

The cinematic trailer was superb but I am still on the fence with this one. It is very Diablo 3.

Its actually nothing like D3.

• Advertisement

Looks great but the game is years away. They'll be milking this for the next 3 blizzcons

2021 id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just going by the demo, even if it is a limited vertical slice. I'd say late 2020. What with Activision's recent performance I say there's more need of the Blizzard side of things picking up the slack.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,908 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

anyone play the beta , and any thoughts on it ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Open beta this weekend I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Yeah - What time does Diablo 4 beta end?

The Diablo 4 open beta is March 24-27

The Diablo 4 open beta ends on March 27 at 12pm PDT / 3pm EDT / 8pm BST / 9pm CEST. Note that the UK and European regions will have switched to summer time by this date.

Plus, if you reach level 20 in the beta you unlock a sleeping wolf pack for the main game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

how do you get in on the beta? do you just install it from the launcher or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

The beta can now be downloaded via battle.net launcher on PC and from the stores on the PS5 or Xbox (was not available to download without a preorder until a few minutes ago:

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP0002-PPSA05264_00-RENEGDBETAPS5000

The Open Beta is available to all March 24th-26th. Reach Level 20 in the Open Beta and get the Beta Wolf Pack and other rewards in Diablo® IV when it launches on June 6th.

I preordered a while back just for the beta, couldn't get in to actually play it on the first day due to hours long queues (2 hours in queue then an error and ctd), second day i bluescreened when I did get in after about 5 minutes, then couldn't get back in, so I refunded it out of anger.

I will try the open beta before i make a decision on buying it again, but realistically.. i probably will out of boredom. Not like i give a flying fcuk about the preorder stuff anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

58 minute long queue on PS5, think I’ll try it tomorrow so.

Advertisement