Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pre-lit trees especially M&S

• 25-10-2019 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭

My artificial tree is one with individual branches and takes forever to put up and take down. Was looking at some of the pre-lit trees in M&S and how much easier they'd be, as well as having lights they come in three sections. Need a 7 foot, big room. Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences with these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭Caranica

To answer my own question, I got the 7' spruce pre-lit and it's perfect. Up in 2 minutes. Was worried that 300 lights wouldn't be enough but I think they are

• Registered Users Posts: 30,148 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sorry, I missed your thread. My only advice to you is to keep a spare set of lights in your house encase you run into issues.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Does this mean you already have your tree up? :p

This was it. Now safely back in its box again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Sorry, I missed your thread. My only advice to you is to keep a spare set of lights in your house encase you run into issues.

This 100%. My sister had a pre lit tree (think it had 300 lights also) the second year she put it up the lights wouldn't work, she still used it but had to go down the traditional route for the lights. The tree itself was great so she still uses it but puts white LED's on it.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    This 100%. My sister had a pre lit tree (think it had 300 lights also) the second year she put it up the lights wouldn't work, she still used it but had to go down the traditional route for the lights. The tree itself was great so she still uses it but puts white LED's on it.

I have the thousand led lights I bought last year. I usually have friends round and we put up the tree together, I've never done lights myself. Problem is that this year my schedule is so busy I don't have a night to have that party so was looking for the easy way to do it. There's a guarantee on the lights on this tree, must check it out

Caranica wrote: »
    I have the thousand led lights I bought last year. I usually have friends round and we put up the tree together, I've never done lights myself. Problem is that this year my schedule is so busy I don't have a night to have that party so was looking for the easy way to do it. There's a guarantee on the lights on this tree, must check it out

I'm sure it'll work fine. Having the other lights as a backup is prudent though, could you imagine if the thing stopped working on Christmas Eve or suchlike, disaster!
    We have literally 1000's of white LED's for our 2 tress (way more than we need to be honest) and always seem to have a spare box of 300 or so or so just in case disaster strikes. TBH with LED's being so reliable nowadays its unlikely they'll be needed, I'm just happy to see them still working when I unbox them & plug them in to check before putting on the tree:)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    I'm sure it'll work fine. Having the other lights as a backup is prudent though, could you imagine if the thing stopped working on Christmas Eve or suchlike, disaster!
    We have literally 1000's of white LED's for our 2 tress (way more than we need to be honest) and always seem to have a spare box of 300 or so or so just in case disaster strikes. TBH with LED's being so reliable nowadays its unlikely they'll be needed, I'm just happy to see them still working when I unbox them & plug them in to check before putting on the tree:)

You sound like my wife, I don't know how many ' just in case' boxes of spare lights we have this stage :D

TRS30 wrote: »
    You sound like my wife, I don't know how many ' just in case' boxes of spare lights we have this stage :D

Just to clarify, its not me that wants the trees' to be visible from Mars with the amount of LED's on them, that'll be herself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I need a new set of warm white lights , 8 foot artificial tree from from 2003 which I want to get another year out of . Any suggestions?

• Advertisement

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I need a new set of warm white lights , 8 foot artificial tree from from 2003 which I want to get another year out of . Any suggestions?

Homestore and More had fabulous ones last year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Postgrad10 wrote: »

Woodies as well has good selection of lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sasco

Argos are always good for lights too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Thanks everyone. I need a pretty large set for this tree at a good price.

Advertisement