Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Witcher - Netflix **Spoilers**

Comments

I still get such a CW/SyFy vibe from the cinematography

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I dunno.. this feels like the audience could drop off like The Shannara Chronicles

Maybe there's more to the story than the trailers are letting on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, I'm impressed with the trailer. Still having an issue with Triss not being immediately obvious, what having changed her hair, eye and skin colour, but still looking forward to it. Tub scene FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Netflix have renewed The Witcher for a second season even before the first one has aired.
    https://tvline.com/2019/11/13/the-witcher-season-2-renewed-netflix-henry-cavill-adaptation/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well that's confidence. I do wonder on what basis these decisions are made, especially as I'm not aware Netflix do any test screenings (or do they? It's so hard to know). Certainly the buzz online has been universally favourable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

When is this due out?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

pixelburp wrote: »
    Well that's confidence. I do wonder on what basis these decisions are made, especially as I'm not aware Netflix do any test screenings (or do they? It's so hard to know). Certainly the buzz online has been universally favourable.
    It's not entirely uncommon these days though, especially if they sink a load of money into things like sets and/or if there's a deal at a particular filming location. Offhand, 'Warrior', 'Snowpiercer' and 'Jack Ryan' are recent shows that had a second season ordered before the first aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Ditto for The Boys. And it can go the other way too... Swamp Thing was cancelled before season 1 aired!

• Advertisement

Game of Thrones (kicking it off) and its spin offs, His Dark Materials, Lord of the Rings, this

Is fantasy looking to take over from super heroes? I'm bored of Marvel now, so kinda hoping so

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Well it's a different format. We'll have 3 Marvel films a year again from 2020 until good knows when.

I think fantasy's better suited to long form anyway.
    Or really, really long form, in the case of Wheel of Time.

How on earth did I forget about Wheels of Time??
    I was more talking about the CW crap and with Netflix Marvel universe dead but Disney+ coming

Even Dune is a fantasy just in a futuristic setting

How on earth did I forget about Wheels of Time??
    I was more talking about the CW crap and with Netflix Marvel universe dead but Disney+ coming

Even Dune is a fantasy just in a futuristic setting

Marvel don't seem keen on proper long form episodic content. They gave it a go with Agents of Shield but they disowned it fairly early on. Seems to tie their hands too much.

The upcoming Loki and Scarlett Witch thingies seem more like long films spread over a half dozen episodes kinda thing.

Hopefully Disney stick to Star Wars for the long form. I think it actually suits the IP a lot better. The best Star Wars made since RotJ has been the animated series'. I haven't seen the Mandalorian yet but I've high hopes.

Gbear wrote: »
    Marvel don't seem keen on proper long form episodic content. They gave it a go with Agents of Shield but they disowned it fairly early on. Seems to tie their hands too much.

The upcoming Loki and Scarlett Witch thingies seem more like long films spread over a half dozen episodes kinda thing.

Hopefully Disney stick to Star Wars for the long form. I think it actually suits the IP a lot better. The best Star Wars made since RotJ has been the animated series'. I haven't seen the Mandalorian yet but I've high hopes.

Well Star Wars is Fantasy anyway so fits into that mold

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

latest?cb=20100223192948

sure here are The Avengers in another setting

Henry Cavill being a dreamy unit, outlining some of his training for the Witcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I saw that in my news feed, but I'm gonna keep everything to do with this away from my eyes so I can experience it when it releases. Very tempting though, think they show a clip in that?

They show a short fight scene. Lots of spinning. Very excited for this. Almost too excited. Really hope its good.

• Advertisement

I did read an article that those who have seen it in previews were very impressed. Comments (to be taken with a bag of salt) like 'better fights than Game of Thrones'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

There is nothing better than an actor who is into the role. Like, he sought this role out. He's read the books. He's played the living hell out of the games. He is totally committed and not just here for the paycheck. How refreshing is that?

I really hope we see a few nods like "Hmm....winds howling." or maybe his horse randomly appearing odd places.

And then he starts pirouetting around the screen. "Lelelel Laylaylayalay lelelele!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

0w5UAMX.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A final, fairly action centric trailer has been released for next weeks drop of the series

Why can I not get behind this? Everything seems to be there.

Low expectations isn't a bad thing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it's the lack of Gwent isn't it?

I don't know the game. This looks .. ok-ish.. kind has a The 100 / Shanara Chronicles feel from the trailer.

Based on that, I'd be guessing they'll need the story to be very strong for it to pull in a big audience.

• Advertisement
Advertisement