Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SMOK RPM40-Has anyone tried it?

Options
  • 15-08-2019 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I am a vaper who switches styles depending on my social situations. At home I will be using a straight to lung device, at work or while out, I will use a pod system.

I just found this kit and in going over it, it sounds like a real winner, especially since I use a Nord already, so I am stocked up on coils. I like the design as well.

I am just curious if anyone has any pros or cons or info I should know about before I fully commit to a purchase.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,140 ✭✭✭corkie

Maybe do some research on it first, lack of youtube reviews doesn't look good. (is it newly released)?

Very negative comments on that brand on discord.
    Everything by smok is defective
    Heads up for future
    Smok has very poor quality control

Don't buy a smok product again

if you dont get burned by smok at least once ur not a true vaper

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

corkie wrote: »
    Maybe do some research on it first, lack of youtube reviews doesn't look good. (is it newly released)?

Very negative comments on that brand on discord.

Whoever wrote that is a bit of a dope tbh - wth is a "true vaper"? :confused: I bet they wear a snap-back and still post 'hand-checks' :D

People have been slating Smok for years, yet 2 of the better mods I've owned were made by them. Their tanks - not so much. I still have a Smok Alien that I bought about 3 years back and it's working fine still, also have the Species - cracking little mod, tiny, easy to use, has never failed me .... I don't know why people slam them so much, think it's because they continuously put out similar tanks about 3 times a year, very little difference to them, all aimed at cloud chasers with little dedication to flavour. Their mods though, are hard to fault. I wouldn't go by people ranting on reddit or discord. If you look around you'll find people slating Aspire, VooPoo, Geekvape etc ... because they had one bad experience.

Smok devices are no worse than any other, I've had worse experiences with Eleaf, IPV, Kangertech and Aspire - they're all thrown together in China and there will be dodgy copies now and then.

I haven't tried this one, but looks alright. The Nord actually got good reviews from what I've seen, so if you liked that you will probably like this one.

SMOK RPM40 Pod Mod Review - See the World's FIRST Hands On Review!

And another alternative?

They Nailed it. Aspire Breeze NXT AIO Review

www(dot)aspirecig(dot)com/aspire-kits/aspire-kits609.html

Downside, only one pod, so changing ejuice flavor would be difficult. Only one type of coil at present.
    5.4 ml tank capacity ~~~ So getting in the EU with regulations, is going to be difficult? <<< Import only.

I'm Not affiliated with any store or reviewer sites.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Smok RPM 40 Kit The Real Pod Mod FIRST IMPRESSIONS AND UNBOXING

Or another alternative? But a pain to fill with juice. (or see levels).

RDTA Pod!! Jester Pod Build & Wicking Tutorial - Vapefly

I'm Not affiliated with any store or reviewer sites.

^^^ Not really suitable for MTL! (At present) No airflow control!

## I'm Not affiliated with any store or reviewer sites. ##

• Advertisement

Alternative option if you not invest in SMOK/Nord Coils?

Vinci Mod Pod by Voopoo!

Like the caliburn, has button and draw activation.

Can be got with 5pcs Coils for approx €36.15 on aliexpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000121613186.html
    ^^^ Price around other sellers as well.

Edit: -
    Compatible with PnP-C1/PnP-R1/PnP-M2 coils and PnP-VM1 Mesh Coil for your pod.

Although variety of supported coils, they recommend low nic <10mg or High Salt. Put's me off ordering it. Probably wait for more reviews.

Edit 2: -

What is the point of these mods that can do 40watts but then limit your use of it based on the coil used. No coils available yet that can handle it, and your blocked from over powering, so you don't burn out the coil. Gimmicky device.

## I'm not affiliated with any store or review sites. ##

^^^ Ordered the above anyway on Monday. Standard version, not TPD tank(I hope/requested) €22.69
    + Ordered 5 * 'PnP-M2 0.6ohm' €11.14 coils from another seller

Wicked Vapes in Cork Now stock the 'Caliburn' + pods for it.

Also the new 'Smok RPM40'

Haven't a clue of the pricing, because not listed on website yet.
    Saw posts about them on facebook page.

## I'm not affiliated with any store or review site. ##

VOOPOO Vinci Pod System (Best Pod Kit FANTASTIC!!!)

Smok RPM40 Pod Vape Kit Review vs Voopoo VINCI

Glad I ordered the 'Vinci'!

## I'm not affiliated with any store or review site! ##

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I bought the Smok RPM because it uses the Nord 0.6 coils which I have plenty of & these coils will be in stock everywhere IE/UK.

The main reason I picked the Smok & not the DeVinci is because there is an RBA for the Smok which those reviewers never mentioned,a very important factor when buying an IOA device.

Alternative option if your not invest in SMOK/Nord Coils?
    I bought the Smok RPM because it uses the Nord 0.6 coils which I have plenty of & these coils will be in stock everywhere IE/UK.

The main reason I picked the Smok & not the DeVinci is because there is an RBA for the Smok which those reviewers never mentioned,a very important factor when buying an IOA device.

I'm not invested in the Nord system, also don't see myself building coils in the near future. (No tools, i.e. clippers etc).

I wonder how SMOK is going to implement it. Maybe something like this: -

Jump to https://youtu.be/C7-6M4NgAI4?t=467 for demo of an adapter for building.

## I'm not affiliated with any store or review site. ##

• Advertisement

The RBA would be same as the one in the video,10 years ago I did my own builds,I had a roll of kanthal,a set of precision screwdrivers,a lighter & nail clippers,that was my tool set for building.
    I was using any old cotton balls from the chemist & it all worked out great,except for the tanks,they always leaked back then:D:D

You probably have these tools in your home,buying ready made coils are handy today.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭justinbellford

Sorry I fell off the earth, guys. Thank you so much for all the feedback! I ended up picking up the RPM and so far I am really liking it.

Smok RPM RBA Base for RPM40 & Fetch

I wish they did an adapter like in the 'Tauren X Pod' above.

Edit: - Jai Haze rips through this implementation.

Also checked the the price for RPM40 in 'Wicked Vapes (Cork)' was quoted €50.

## I'm not affiliated with any store or review site ##

Just what I've been waiting for Corkie,shame the rba doesn't have an adaptor to turn it into a 510,no big deal,I'll just space my coils.

Let me know if you see this rba up for sale anywhere,I'll keep checking myself.

RPM40,I've been using it for a few weeks with the nord coils & it's perfect.

I used the RPM coil once but the juice I used was horrible,I binned that juice right away,cheap sh1t.
    Washed out the RPM pod & I'll try vaping through the used coil with another juice to see if it clears,I only have the one RPM coil,I didn't want to buy any because I knew the rba was coming.

You can buy the RPM40 from Efag for €39 https://www.efag.ie/e-cigarette-starter-kits/1041-e-cigarette-smok-rpm-40-pod-mod-1500mah-starter-kit.html#/84-color-black

I'll wait til they sell them in the UK,I can't stand that crying arsed jai haze,we all know it's not for beginners,I'm amazed he even tried 30 gauge,even 28 is too thin for this,I use 22 or 24 to get the ohms down to .5 ish.
    Maybe he thinks he's talking to primary school kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jhonwik630

Yes i tried it in fact i'm currently using it.
    Smok RPM40's structure is suggestive of a contracted down Smok Cuboid box mod and to be completely forthright, it looks smooth, splendidly ergonomic, and pocket-accommodating

Another RBA alternative!? >>> Artery Nugget AIO & RBA Base Tutorial

includes an adapter so you can dry fire on another mod.

.... ,I can't stand that crying arsed jai haze,.....

Include the review, just to give another view point, if you like him or not is beside the point.

Another RBA alternative!? >>> Artery Nugget AIO & RBA Base Tutorial

includes an adapter so you can dry fire on another mod.

Include the review, just to give another view point, if you like him or not is beside the point.

Haze was wrong about the rba,Fagan built a contact coil & was able to fire up the coil.Smok RPM seems to be the only one that can lock the up n down buttons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZROc49iadJE&t=0s

^^^ Saw that, but he built it on the FETCH, where it was possible to test the coil by looking down the drip tip.

Wonder if the same could be done on the RPM40?

Also on the 'Vinci' you can lock the device, but also able to 'Draw' activate the device while locked (if in draw/both mode).

Don't think you can fire the RPM40 when locked?

• Advertisement

There's 2 ways to lock the RPM...

Up n Down button pressed simultaneously will lock the wattage but you can still fire it...

Press the fire button 3 times & nothing will work,just completely locked & safe.

Received my 'Vinci' on Monday! Possibly a faulty device.

After half a day of use the auto draw feature stop functioning. I put down to eliquid/moisture getting into the mechanism.

I received the alternative coils (PnP-M2 supported) to day for it. But wouldn't register on the device/fire when placed on tank. Coils are fine, because I place on the contacts without them in the tank and they register fine.

Even the alternative coil supplied (PnP-R1) seems to be not reading as well now. Even with it working yesterday.

Have to contact the aliexpress seller, didn't get around to acknowledging receipt of order yet. So could still raise a dispute, if the seller is not responsive.

Other than possibly faulty device, I like the compactness of it and the vape from it. Just reluctant to order more coils for it.

..... Could you please send us a video to describe your problem? Please send video on Yutobe, and give us the link......

Message shortened above.

Here is the video, i created as requested. Recorded on my laptop. (Don't have other cameras, other than phones).

That video will be removed, taken down once they reply.

^^^ Just to follow up, got a replacement tank €5 in local vape store and it resolved my problem. So faulty tank shipped with device.

This looks interesting: -

Hotcig Marvel RBA Coil. Looks like it maybe compatible with the Vinci?

As it is so new, not readily available yet. Some sites say the coil is suppose to be compatible with the RPM40 RBA, but from that video, I don't see how. That would mean the RPM40 coils would fit in the vinci?

Edit: - Forgot to mention that 'Wicked Vapes (Cork)' had (sold out at present) 'Vinci' @€;45 in stock.

Or [e-shop.ie] VOOPOO VINCI Mod Pod VW Kit 1500mAh Price Eur 44.99

Just ordered the RPM40 RBA from here https://djvape.co.uk/products/smok-rpm-40-rba-coil-0-6ohm

Turn your Smok RPM40 pod into an adapter for your rba, it works!!

3pc/6pc SMOK RPM40 Empty Pod Cartridge 4.3ml from €7.33

Just as a followup, I'm really enjoying the vape from my 'VooPoo Vinci'.

PnP-VM1 0.3Ω 32-40W <10mg (have used with 6 and 12)
    ^^^ Warmer vape with good flavor.

PnP-R1 0.8Ω 12-18W Nic Salt < 35mg
    ^^^ Colder vape and muted flavor (maybe using wrong pg/vg ratio), small wicking holes.

PnP-M2 0.6Ω 20-28W ≤ 25mg
    ^^^ My preferred coil, nice flavor and not as warm as 0.3

Other coils available PnP-C1, PnP-M1 and also newer