Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Munster vs Ospreys, Fri 25th Oct 7:35pm, Eir/TG4

• 24-10-2019 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

Munster:
    Mike Haley; Calvin Nash, Dan Goggin, Rory Scannell, Shane Daly; Tyler Bleyendaal, Neil Cronin;
    James Cronin, Rhys Marshall, Stephen Archer; Jed Holloway, Billy Holland (C); Jack O’Donoghue, Tommy O’Donnell, Jack O’Sullivan.

Replacements:
    Kevin O’Byrne, Liam O’Connor, Jeremy Loughman, Fineen Wycherley, Arno Botha, Craig Casey, JJ Hanrahan, Sammy Arnold.

The Ospreys team to play Munster at the Irish Independent Park, Cork on Friday 25th October, K.O 7:35pm has been named:

Starting XV

15. Cai Evans
    14. Hanno Dirksen
    13. Scott Williams
    12. Tiaan Thomas-Wheeler
    11. Tom Williams
    10. Luke Price
    9. Matthew Aubrey

1. Rhodri Jones
    2. Sam Parry
    3. Tom Botha
    4. Dan Lydiate ©
    5. Lloyd Ashley
    6. Olly Cracknell
    7. Sam Cross
    8. Gareth Evans

Replacements

16. Scott Otten
    17. Gareth Thomas
    18. Ma’afu Fia
    19. Will Griffiths
    20. Dan Baker
    21. Reuben Morgan-Williams
    22. James Hook
    23. Lesley Klim

The following players were unavailable for selection due to international duty:

Adam Beard, Aled Davies, Alun Wyn Jones, Bradley Davies, George North, Nicky Smith, Justin Tipuric and Owen Watkin (All Wales)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Great to see Jack O'Sullivan getting an opportunity to start and Craig Casey will hopefully get 20-25 minutes.
    James Cronin makes his first start after a long-term injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Really liked the look of O'Sullivan every time I've seen him.

Hope he has a massive season

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Cronin's chance now to establish himself as the back-up when Alby leaves. The SH selections so far this season strongly suggest his contract won't be renewed post-November.

Holloway's first start as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

aloooof wrote: »
    Cronin's chance now to establish himself as the back-up when Alby leaves. The SH selections so far this season strongly suggest his contract won't be renewed post-November.

Holloway's first start as well?

I would really doubt Alby would be here past November

We have
    Murray
    McCarthy
    Cronin
    Casey

We are well stocked at SH

yerrahbah wrote: »

We have
    Murray
    McCarthy
    Cronin
    Casey

Agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

We have
    Murray
    McCarthy
    Cronin
    Casey

Alby is only a few years into his short term contract though :pac::pac:

He's a good player. But time to start developing the 3 promising options behind Murray

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Jed Holloway?
    I was thinking who the hell is he. Jed? he can’t be Irish!
    Missed him been signed.
    Kleyn needs a few games to get rid of the rust!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Jed Holloway?
    I was thinking who the hell is he. Jed? he can’t be Irish!
    Missed him been signed.
    Kleyn needs a few games to get rid of the rust!

No internationals back until the Ulster game.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

We have
    Murray
    McCarthy
    Cronin
    Casey

Alby is definitely going unless there is a injury curse in the next few weeks. One of the best temporary signings Munster have ever made.

I'm delighted to see Casey in. Hopefully he can make 10-15 appearances this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Weather is miserable and doesn't look like its going to improve.
    Added to that having all ticket prices bumped isn't going to help turnout. €30 for a Pro14 terrace ticket?

All games in Cork last year were sold out, why introduce early prices now?

• Advertisement

Weather is miserable and doesn't look like its going to improve.
    Added to that having all ticket prices bumped isn't going to help turnout. €30 for a Pro14 terrace ticket?

Prices haven't been bumped up this season, you just left it so late to buy. Munster have been running dynamic pricing for a few years now. The closer it gets to selling out the more expensive the remaining tickets get. You can get terrace tickets for the next game in Cork (Edinburgh) for €22.50. Terrace tickets for the Ulster game in Limerick are €25.

Prices haven't been bumped up this season, you just left it so late to buy. Munster have been running dynamic pricing for a few years now. The closer it gets to selling out the more expensive the remaining tickets get. You can get terrace tickets for the next game in Cork (Edinburgh) for €22.50. Terrace tickets for the Ulster game in Limerick are €25.
    Terrace tickets (minus any booking fee) last year were €20 all the way up to nearly kickoff. Have receipts to prove it.
    Same ticket is not €25

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Should be a reasonably comfortable home win with 4 try bonus point.

Terrace tickets (minus any booking fee) last year were €20 all the way up to nearly kickoff. Have receipts to prove it.
    Same ticket is not €25

From yesterday. North/South terrace tickets for €20. East Terrace tickets for €25. I paid €25 for East Terrace last season.

From yesterday. North/South terrace tickets for €20. East Terrace tickets for €25. I paid €25 for East Terrace last season.
    My mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

On current form I'd keep Alby and let Murray go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    On current form I'd keep Alby and let Murray go.

Alby is definitely going unless there is a injury curse in the next few weeks. One of the best temporary signings Munster have ever made.

I'm delighted to see Casey in. Hopefully he can make 10-15 appearances this season.

I see the plan to build towards 2023 is quickly forgotten......it only took 6 days....has to be a new record

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I see the plan to build towards 2023 is quickly forgotten......it only took 6 days....has to be a new record

Ah here, Shef, please don't start this again. Alby has only started 1 of our 3 games this season. McCarthy has had more minutes. He isn't even in the squad for this game! Munster are doing exactly what you've been calling for, but you still want to hammer them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

****e evening for a game lads. Dolphin for a hot toddy might be in order

Ah here, Shef, please don't start this again. Alby has only started 1 of our 3 games this season. McCarthy has had more minutes. He isn't even in the squad for this game! Munster are doing exactly what you've been calling for, but you still want to hammer them!

Ahh come on it was a joke .....I just was on phone so no smileys :P:P:P

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Ahh come on it was a joke .....I just was on phone so no smileys :P:P:P

So Munster are making team selections you approve of? Go on, give them some credit. Try it. You might like it. :pac:

So Munster are making team selections you approve of? Go on, give them some credit. Try it. You might like it. :pac:

All I ask for is young Irish players to get a chance.....

So yes they are doing that so credit where credit due

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Is anyone else able to watch this on the Eir Sports app???
    All I can get is eir sport x2 which is showing nothing

I feckin knew this would happen.
    I hate eir so much

• Registered Users Posts: 18 terminatorX1

Akrasia wrote: »
    Is anyone else able to watch this on the Eir Sports app???
    All I can get is eir sport x2 which is showing nothing

I feckin knew this would happen.
    I hate eir so much

Think you might need to download the latest version/update the App. Happened me yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Think you might need to download the latest version/update the App. Happened me yesterday

Thanks for that, I meant to say that I am trying to watch it on my laptop on their awful website that only works on internet feckin explorer.

On their website, all they have is a video telling me to download a new app. I didn't switch to Eir so I can watch the rugby on a 7 inch iphone screen, and Iphones don't do streaming to smart tvs

I'm really annoyed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

They have a licence to play! Nice passing there!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,915 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Happy enough that high shot was only a penelty, if only they could keep up that consistency

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

Goggin has some strength

Poor intercept

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Ref starting with a few dodgy calls. That wasn't a maul and he also called Jack's pick-up wrong.

Advertisement