Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare/Dublin Courses still qualifying?

• 17-10-2019 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if any of the courses below still have qualifying in their Tuesday Open next week?

Killeen
    Castleknock
    Roganstown
    Lucan
    Hollywood Lakes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭TheRoomWrecker

davegilly wrote: »
    Anyone know if any of the courses below still have qualifying in their Tuesday Open next week?

Killeen
    Castleknock
    Roganstown
    Lucan
    Hollywood Lakes

not related to the courses above, but portmarnock links have the taylormade pro series on Tuesdays that are open for handicaps 9 and below, stoke play off the blues fully qualifying, you will have to call the pro shop for tee times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Roganstown ended after last weekend although the open on Tuesday is showing as reduction only

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Killeen
    Castleknock
    Roganstown
    Lucan
    Hollywood Lakes

Killeen was qualifying last Tuesday so optimistic for next Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

Seapoint have an open comp as well next Tuesday, might head up there instead. Never played it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Arklow have a singles open every second Tuesday for the rest of October then the first Friday of every month over the winter (qualifying).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 JW7

Killeen
    Castleknock
    Roganstown
    Lucan
    Hollywood Lakes

Hollywood Lakes has been non qualifying last couple of weeks.
    Has been closed last two Sundays

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

If it's qualifying you want in and around Dublin Kildare areas, Blessington Lakes (west wicklow)normally have qualifying a lot longer than most parkland courses and they have the brutally hard Blue Monday on each of the bank holidays.Worth a phone call to check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    If it's qualifying you want in and around Dublin Kildare areas, Blessington Lakes (west wicklow)normally have qualifying a lot longer than most parkland courses and they have the brutally hard Blue Monday on each of the bank holidays.Worth a phone call to check it out

Strokes or stableford and what typically wins the comp?

GolfNut33 wrote: »
    Strokes or stableford and what typically wins the comp?

Strokes and if you shoot 72 nett that normally gets it done but 73 or 74 would be in the hunt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭benny79

Athy & Kilkea castle are still qualifying opens on Tuesday & Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Just spoke to one of my pals up there they are having an open weekend Sat, Sun and Bank holiday Monday QUALIFYING:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Just spoke to one of my pals up there they are having an open weekend Sat, Sun and Bank holiday Monday QUALIFYING:D

What condition are the greens in at the moment?
    Fairways are always good cause it's a sand quarry

Also Arklow links have an open qualifying on Monday for anyone on East Coast. It's a great course.

woodyg wrote: »
    What condition are the greens in at the moment?
    Fairways are always good cause it's a sand quarry

Also Arklow links have an open qualifying on Monday for anyone on East Coast. It's a great course.

I'm a former member of BL and I haven't played it this year but on hearing from a pal of mine from another club who played there recently who said the course was top class I'm going to try play this weekend, Greens are supposedly the best they've ever been but I'm not surprised at that as they have (I think) the best greenkeeper around and it's now member run so the shackles are off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

might give it a whirl sunday if the weather holds up

Played Seafield on Tuesday in an open comp, they have one every Tuesday.

Was as dry as a bone and qualifying. Not sure how relevant it was though - the group in front of us (2 older lads) didn't finish out on a single green, everything was a gimme inside 4 or 5 feet. A group of 3 behind us were at the same crack and up on top of us constantly like they were in some kind of race. If they finished out every hole then they wouldn't have been up on top of us all the time. The three behind us were thick morons as well, driving down on top of me on one occasion when I was standing in the middle of the fairway waiting for the green to clear. They could clearly see me. Thankfully they gave up after about 12 holes and left.

Course was ok, expected better to be honest. Wouldn't be in a rush back, pointless exercise.

Was as dry as a bone and qualifying. Not sure how relevant it was though - the group in front of us (2 older lads) didn't finish out on a single green, everything was a gimme inside 4 or 5 feet. A group of 3 behind us were at the same crack and up on top of us constantly like they were in some kind of race. If they finished out every hole then they wouldn't have been up on top of us all the time. The three behind us were thick morons as well, driving down on top of me on one occasion when I was standing in the middle of the fairway waiting for the green to clear. They could clearly see me. Thankfully they gave up after about 12 holes and left.

Course was ok, expected better to be honest. Wouldn't be in a rush back, pointless exercise.

Thought Seafield had closed

Thought Seafield had closed
    It has :)
    Seapoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I've played there a handful of times and been lucky enough to win once and place second another time. 38pts was a win and 36 was second with a cut. Never came across anything like your describing. I wouldn't dismiss it after the one bad experience. It's no Baltray but its great value for winter golf.

Advertisement