Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Buttonftw wrote:
    The coils are rated 100-120W but I can't vape near that without burning. I'm generally bouncing between 50 and 60W. Would using a much lower wattage than the rating be normal or a sign I'm doing something wrong?

Ratings on coils are really a general max wattage, I wouldn't take them as a figure you have to hit. Everyone is different when it comes to finding that sweet spot in a vape,where you have a satisfying flavour and/or cloud. Best to start low,on that coil say about 50w and work your way up gradually till your happy with the vape your getting.
    In relation to juice consumption, your going to notice a sharp increase in juice consumption when you move from mtl to dl. This is as a result of using lower resistance coils and higher wattage thereby burning more juice.
    It certainly would be a good time to look at mixing your own as the savings are substantial.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Sublic wrote: »
    I’m living in Ireland and I own 2 juuls and an aspire breeze 2 that I use salt nic with but it’s frustrating only being able to use 20mg salt especially when tpd regulations only really apply to freebase nicotine in any capacity. I was hoping to find a website or retailer that stock between 36mg and 50mg salt nic available in Ireland, does anyone know if these exist?

As far as I know,any salt nic above 20mg can only be bought in the USA,other members here have been looking,may be they can help you.

Thanks all. Yeah I think I'm just not used to the higher wattage. Getting enough at around 60W anyway.
    I know it's a bit of a how long is a piece of string question but I was looking at Brews Bros and they don't look that cheap (£1.50 for 10ml ready to vape). Flavour boss looks more reasonable but doesn't have info on dilution ratios. Any handy guides for mixing at home?

Thanks all. Yeah I think I'm just not used to the higher wattage. Getting enough at around 60W anyway.
    I know it's a bit of a how long is a piece of string question but I was looking at Brews Bros and they don't look that cheap (£1.50 for 10ml ready to vape). Flavour boss looks more reasonable but doesn't have info on dilution ratios. Any handy guides for mixing at home?

If you check out this site

https://diyeliquidireland.com/product-category/one-shots/brews-brothers/

Based in Cork, excellent service and good selection of diy juice etc.

As example, 250 ml of a Brews Brothers shot contains approximately 50 mls of concentrate, add your required nic shots pg based,about 4 will give you 3mg in 250mls. Top up the balance with VG so you end up with 250mls of juice with 3mg nic content and approximately 80/20 vg/pg.

So you'll need to purchase, your concentrate, nic shots and vg.

Discount code is VAPECHAT10 for 10% discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

If you check out this site

https://diyeliquidireland.com/product-category/one-shots/brews-brothers/

Based in Cork, excellent service and good selection of diy juice etc.

As example, 250 ml of a Brews Brothers shot contains approximately 50 mls of concentrate, add your required nic shots pg based,about 4 will give you 3mg in 250mls. Top up the balance with VG so you end up with 250mls of juice with 3mg nic content and approximately 80/20 vg/pg.

So you'll need to purchase, your concentrate, nic shots and vg.

Discount code is VAPECHAT10 for 10% discount.

Just to add to bill's post, flavour boss have a mixing calculator on their website.
    On brew bros 250 mill bottles are a tenner. You just need to add your vg, pg and nic.

• Advertisement

Check Flavour Boss and Brews Brothers own site as well,there can be good deals to be had.

Discount code for Flavour Boss is DIYFB.
    Discount code for Brews Brothers is BREWSBROS.

Don't forget to add your delivery charges for Parcel Motel or Addresspal.

This calculator is pretty easy to use.

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/create

I have one on it's way from ecigone,got the rba also. Ecigone are doing 20 per cent off everything till the end of July,code is 20OFF

Hiya Doc,did you manage to do a build on that small RBA yet,I had to order one from 101 vaping because ecigone was out of stock.Should arrive Friday...

I have been watching alot of youtube reviewers trying to build this RBA & the moans & groans of the reviewers were hysterical:D:D:D

The best way of doing that build I found was from this Guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WYj1J4GNVI

I'll keep looking,it is a brilliant pod kit,we learn by our mistakes,I made a major one but you've got to laugh:D:D
    I pushed the coil in first & then began to fill it with a gorilla bottle,filled easy because you can put the nib of the bottle down the side of the coil because the coil moves over to give us more space for filling,easy peasy I thought:eek::eek::eek:

I didn't have my finger under the coil,as I was filling,a fly hit me in the eye & I lost vision for a few secs & the nib of the bottle pushed the coil through & bluddy juice went everywhere:D:D
    When filling,make sure your finger is holding that coil in,I bet it happened to some reviewers but they are not letting on,the bastoods:D:D:D

Hey youdipstick, I got the kit last Wednesday, got a build onto the rba without much difficulty, used a fine mtl Clapton wire, came out around 0.5+/-, the little 510 adaptor that allows you to fit the rba to a mod is a godsend. Got it wicked and checked for shorts. Installed into pod and the pod was as dead as a doornail, checked for shorts again or something else and nothing. Pod itself was faulty. Contacted ecigone, sent them a short video of the issue and they said return it for a replacement, full postage refund.
    I'm expecting it hopefully by the end of this week.
    I was raging as this is only the second time that something like this has happened but at least there was no issue with a replacement being sent out.
    Good tip on filling,I can see how easily that could happen.

https://imgur.com/rzdgOJE

https://imgur.com/kuuxW1n

https://imgur.com/Mzc0PLc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Bought an Aspire Tigon recently and was enjoying using it. Top loader for the juice and you could replace the coil without having to empty it. However it went through the wash at the weekend. Does anyone know if you can buy a spare one anywhere or is there some alternative that would cater for the type of lad who doesn’t want options or screens - just a button that fires.

Thanks.

Hiya Doc,did you manage to do a build on that small RBA yet,I had to order one from 101 vaping because ecigone was out of stock.Should arrive Friday...

Pasito #2 has arrived 😠RBA coil is installed, vandyvape superfine mtl Clapton wire, 0.5.
    After playing around with the various power and afc settings I've found the afc about half open and power set to 3 lights on gives a very good restrictive DL vape, flavour is very good,clouds galore.
    Afc practically closed and power set to 2 lights on gives a very good but slightly more airy mtl, still great flavour.
    Early days but I'm well impressed with this little device, the only other pod I've used was the Aspire Breeze 2 and the Pasito beats it hands down in every area.
    There's a rubber thing in the tank that restricts capacity for TPD I assume so that has to go.

• Advertisement

Pasito #2 has arrived 😠RBA coil is installed, vandyvape superfine mtl Clapton wire, 0.5.
    After playing around with the various power and afc settings I've found the afc about half open and power set to 3 lights on gives a very good restrictive DL vape, flavour is very good,clouds galore.
    Afc practically closed and power set to 2 lights on gives a very good but slightly more airy mtl, still great flavour.
    Early days but I'm well impressed with this little device, the only other pod I've used was the Aspire Breeze 2 and the Pasito beats it hands down in every area.
    There's a rubber thing in the tank that restricts capacity for TPD I assume so that has to go.

I'm looking at my rba at the moment,I must get round to doing it,I'm enjoying the vape from the 0.6 mesh coil.
    I didn't see any reviewers talking about that rubber thing you mentioned,would be handy if there was a bigger capacity.
    I just bought 2 Innokin EZ Watt kits on ebay,I heard they were great MTL tanks,the mod has bottom air flow channels for bottom air fed clearo's which I have plenty of & it can take any tank with sub-ohm coil,the power on mod can go up to 35w.
    When you find out let me know about that rubber ting.

I'm looking at my rba at the moment,I must get round to doing it,I'm enjoying the vape from the 0.6 mesh coil. I didn't see any reviewers talking about that rubber thing you mentioned,would be handy if there was a bigger capacity. I just bought 2 Innokin EZ Watt kits on ebay,I heard they were great MTL tanks,the mod has bottom air flow channels for bottom air fed clearo's which I have plenty of & it can take any tank with sub-ohm coil,the power on mod can go up to 35w. When you find out let me know about that rubber ting.

I haven't done it yet but if you prise off the top of the pod with a flathead screwdriver you can just whip out the reducer, capacity with the rba is increased to 3ml. Might seem a bit scary but apparently it works and all goes back together again nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Today I'm trying out the cthulhu hastur mtl rta and the cthulhu hastur mtl mini rta.
    I also picked up the Vaporesso Aurora play.

The Hastur is ok. Good deep drags, easy to coil and wick. Flavour is quite muted. The Mini is a lot better. Smaller build but not hard to buld. Flavour is a lot better.
    The surprise winner is the Aurora play. Great flavour from it. Pity it's a pod device. I hate having to keep a stock of coils or pods. Still, it's pretty and small with a kinda variable wattage so it'll stay in my pocket as a backup.

(BTW, I'm using 20mg nic in all three).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Hi Guys/Girls,

I want to get a new mod and tank and I'm torn between the following. If anyone could advise if that is a good one or a rubbish one Id be grateful. In no particular order:

1 - Geekvape Aegis Legend
    2 - Innokin Proton
    3 - Vaporosso Polar
    4 - Voopoo Drag 2
    5 - Voopoo Drag 157w (resin)

Oh, I'm currently on, and have been for a few years, a Innokin MVP4

Thanks in advance.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

The Innokin MVP 5 is on the way, if not already here .

The Geekvape Aegis line are solid mods .

I would imagine the Proton should be good but there are plenty of reviews on youtube for it .

I never owned any Voopoo mods so I won't comment on them .

iba wrote: »
    Hi Guys/Girls,

I want to get a new mod and tank and I'm torn between the following. If anyone could advise if that is a good one or a rubbish one Id be grateful. In no particular order:

1 - Geekvape Aegis Legend
    2 - Innokin Proton
    3 - Vaporosso Polar
    4 - Voopoo Drag 2
    5 - Voopoo Drag 157w (resin)

Oh, I'm currently on, and have been for a few years, a Innokin MVP4

Thanks in advance.
    Cheers

I'd go for the Vaporesso gen. Currently 41 delivered from Cigabuy. I have both drags and think this is a better mod.

I was going to buy some 72mg nicotine from nicotinehub.co.uk but the shipping is twice the price of the liquid. Is there anywhere else to order from?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Steve666

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭corkie

I was going to buy some 72mg nicotine from nicotinehub.co.uk but the shipping is twice the price of the liquid. Is there anywhere else to order from?

Use PM, DPD PW (€3.85 EUR) or alternative for shipping.
    Under 2kg £3.48

Over 2kg £7.19

Free delivery on all UK orders over £100

International orders start from £11.99 depending on destination and weight

Order 2 by 100ml bottles at the weekend arrived today. (£10+£7.70).
    Order: €24.30 + DPD €3.85 = €28.15 (/20 for €1.40 per 50ml short-fill)
    ^^^ Good Value, because you would pay more for Nic Shots here for lower nic.

Should last me well into June. Already have approx 50ml from previous order.(I order other juices as well).

Don't pay International rates. Your hardly ordering quantities >> 500ml!?

Put in an order in case of Brexit, because don't know how drop shippers will handle customs or orders if it happens.

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

Thanks but had already gone with the other site. Ordered 200mls. I'm making mine at 1-2mg/ml so 200ml should do about 40 x 250ml bottles I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone recommend a good deal on a decent direct to lung tank? Sub ohm coils.

Looking for good flavour and maybe a nice capacity that isn't extremely costly on coils, not willing to roll my own coils btw.

Currently using a cleito Exo.

A friend had the uwell crown a few years back which was awesome.
    What's hot these days?

Thanks guys.

Btw for the cork people on the forum.
    Went to the small vape shop in Blackpool shopping centre and they were charging 15 euro for 50mls and 30 euro for 100mls.

Not sure if they charge more for NIC shots.
    I got 300mls of McB in Wicked Vapes (Oliver plunkett street) today for 40 euro, it's a deal on 3 X 100mls

Was happy out with that for a bricks and mortar store. :)

Doge wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a good deal on a decent direct to lung tank? Sub ohm coils.

Looking for good flavour and maybe a nice capacity that isn't extremely costly on coils, not willing to roll my own coils btw.

Currently using a cleito Exo.

A friend had the uwell crown a few years back which was awesome.
    What's hot these days?

Thanks guys.

Meant to say direct to lung . Post fixed now.:pac:

Just ordered the Cleito 120 pro tank from vapewild for €27.98 including tracked with an post, and 5 mesh coils with the bubble glass from amazon.

Should be a nice upgrade!

The Blotto rta by Dovpo and Vaping Bogan arrived today.
    The usual accessories included and 2 spare bubble glasses. One ultem and one glass. No coils though 😕.
    I've installed a pair of 3mm id Clapton's,not the easiest to coil because the angle of the posts makes getting the second coil placed a little tricky. Legs are cut to approx 3mm long.
    Wicked with a length of Firebolt cotton,no issues here and the cotton ends are just tucked into the juice inlets.
    It wicks and vapes very well,draw is a little restrictive with the afc fully open at 95W and flavour is excellent. Afc 2 third open and power at 80W is about right for me, strong flavour,clouds galore and overall an excellent rta.
    2.5 mm id coils may be easier to install and the seal between the chimney and glass is a loose fit so be careful if removing deck with juice still in tank.
    Otherwise no issues.

Doge wrote: »
    Just ordered the Cleito 120 pro tank from vapewild for €27.98 including tracked with an post, and 5 mesh coils with the bubble glass from amazon.

Should be a nice upgrade!

I'm on the Cleito 120.
    I've been a bit up and down with it. Delighted at the start but then started burning through coils. That said, I was getting home at 6/7pm and the batteries were pretty much drained so I was using it heavily. I've set a custom power setting to start at 75W (with the 100-120W coils) and taper down. Seems to be doing the job.
    Where did you find the bubble glass? I am finding constantly refilling a bit boring. :P

conjon wrote: »
    I'd go for the Vaporesso gen. Currently 41 delivered from Cigabuy. I have both drags and think this is a better mod.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and sorry it has taken me so long to thank you.

I actually cant find the Vaporesso gen. If by any chance you get a chance, please can you post a link.

Thanks

jonski wrote: »
    The Innokin MVP 5 is on the way, if not already here .

The Geekvape Aegis line are solid mods .

I would imagine the Proton should be good but there are plenty of reviews on youtube for it .

I never owned any Voopoo mods so I won't comment on them .

Hi

Thanks for that. I found a review on Reddit about the Innokin MVP 5.

iba wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply and sorry it has taken me so long to thank you.

I actually cant find the Vaporesso gen. If by any chance you get a chance, please can you post a link.

Thanks
    https://www.lepetitvapoteur.com/en/box-autonome-et-puissante/7036-gen-box-vaporesso.html

Halloween 20! Gets you 20% off till tomorrow. Do a YouTube search for reviews. Cigabuy had the silver one earlier this week for under 27.

• Advertisement

I'm on the Cleito 120.
    I've been a bit up and down with it. Delighted at the start but then started burning through coils. That said, I was getting home at 6/7pm and the batteries were pretty much drained so I was using it heavily. I've set a custom power setting to start at 75W (with the 100-120W coils) and taper down. Seems to be doing the job.
    Where did you find the bubble glass? I am finding constantly refilling a bit boring. :P

I got mine on amazon.

You can get 5 mesh coils plus the bubble glass also.

Vapewild sent me the 120 standard in error so im going to try and sell that and buy the 120 pro.

Advertisement