Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tusk's Walrus - Le Reveal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

You know you could be onto something Tusky, I love this song it could be the best song in the world but perhaps Kate's part is dragging it down :confused:

I love her though. I could just have easily put Cloudbusting here, or anything off of The Kick Inside and similarly from Peter Gabriel any of his really - but I like the two together, (She also features on Mercy Street and Games Without Frontiers)

Phew

I'm

Not

Last :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

And on we go into the final threes...

Are you top or bottom...

Lettuce see shall we

giphy.gif

The Medway Boys AKA
    Trigger
    getting 3 points for Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls

Notes

Listen 1 : it's grand. it's way overplayed in my head, was probably super cool when it first came out, but it's lost magic along the way

Listen2: Bleh. Overplayed and has been ruined for me.

Sorry trig, this is a decent song, but absolutely ruined due to overplaying.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

:(

Iris in the bottom three makes me sad

• Registered Users Posts: 10,591 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Wow, how many Walrus' has Iris been in now? :p
    (which I guess backs up the overplayed comment)

• Advertisement

Pretzil, that’s an amazing song!

Home shortly and I’ll get listening.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Wow, how many Walrus' has Iris been in now? :p

Not as many as Nick blooming Cave :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Are we still on the first round :eek

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Starting our top 3 out is Pompey Pirates -
    Spook
    with Everyday by Slade and grabbing a tasty 25 points

Notes

Listen1: after about 5 seconds this song already had me rummaging through my emotions. I love it. Very chill, but at the same time there's an intensity that would easily put it in the belter section too.

Listen2: That Intro - 'everyday' jaysus just has so much emotion in it. and the following 'and you know' kicks me right in the teeth. I love this. I can see myself belting this out and actually bringing myself to tears while doing it. LOVE IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

tusk wrote: »
    The Medway Boys AKA
    Trigger

Notes

Listen 1 : it's grand. it's way overplayed in my head, was probably super cool when it first came out, but it's lost magic along the way

Ha, I definitely get that its overplayed, I feel ya, sure all mine will be I'd say. Also wouldnt expect you to understand the emotion I feel when I listen to this mainly because you wouldnt know why. So here is the reason. I have been deaf since I was 12/13 and got the cochlear implant 2 years ago. Music is part of the rehab to that. While i had to stick to songs with low musical numbers at the start(basically acoustic) this is the first song I listened to that was kind of different genre, with musical solos, I could hear clearly all aspects of it so it has a huge bearing on my love for music these days.

And tbh, it's a cracking tune and I love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

If I knew Tusk was going to take this so seriously I would have picked some truly long and horrible songs.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Love Everyday, great choice.

Trigger wrote: »
    Ha, I definitely get that its overplayed, I feel ya, sure all mine will be I'd say. Also wouldnt expect you to understand the emotion I feel when I listen to this mainly because you wouldnt know why. So here is the reason. I have been deaf since I was 12/13 and got the cochlear implant 2 years ago. Music is part of the rehab to that. While i had to stick to songs with low musical numbers at the start(basically acoustic) this is the first song I listened to that was kind of different genre, with musical solos, I could hear clearly all aspects of it so it has a huge bearing on my love for music these days.

wow. I'm glad I didn't know that, because you'd have won straight out :pac:

I'm so happy you're able to experience music Trig. I take it for granted so much and I don't know if I could survive without it to be honest. Almost in tears <3

Ah FFS tusk, give trigger a million zillion bonus points!

The mans just found music and who didn’t like it the first time we heard it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,591 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Trig, that's fücking beautiful mate, reading that is the most emotional I'll be this round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Spook

Notes

Listen1: after about 5 seconds this song already had me rummaging through my emotions. I love it. Very chill, but at the same time there's an intensity that would easily put it in the belter section too.

Listen2: That Intro - 'everyday' jaysus just has so much emotion in it. and the following 'and you know' kicks me right in the teeth. I love this. I can see myself belting this out and actually bringing myself to tears while doing it. LOVE IT.

I've never heard that song but it is going straight onto a playlist. Love it spook

Wow Trigger I've just gotten goosebumps. It must be amazing for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

The Medway Boys AKA
    Trigger

Notes

Is it a rule of Walrus that Iris has to be submitted at least once?
    Bleh is right!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Spook

Notes

The one group if they did a come back tour with Noddy, I'd sell people into slavery to get a ticket

Trigger needs to host a walrus!

• Advertisement

You know Trigger, you could run your own Walrus at some point and it might be a fantastic experience for you :)

That's such a lovely story though, fair play for sharing mate.

Green&Red wrote: »
    Is it a rule of Walrus that Iris has to be submitted at least once?
    Bleh is right!

Keep reading green :D

Trigger wrote: »

OK, thats a solid enough reason!
    How bad do you feel Tusk for not putting it higher??

im-not-crying-5b634b.jpg

The Untouchables -
    Electric Nitwit
    Scoring 2nd last place with About today by The National

notes:

listen1: Liking the intro tune. What is with the vocals though. I hope it gets better .... Bit of violin in the background is nice. Vocals are still ruining it so far. It's like he's trying to be Leondard Cohen or Nick Cave or something. He's trying to sing deep for the sake of it? It's really offputting which sucks ass because I can see this being unreal with a different vocalist. I think i'd listen to this again, but i'd be annoyed by the vocals still. Does he always sing like this?

Listen2: Based on the intro alone I give it 9. And then the vocals come in. Really? What is this lad doing.

Sorry EN :(

Trigger needs to host a walrus!

PLEASE TRIGGER!!!!

OK, thats a solid enough reason!
    How bad do you feel Tusk for not putting it higher??

These are the exact reasons I needed it to be anonymous :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Yeah I will do in the future alright.. was already thinking about it :pac:

im-not-crying-5b634b.jpg

The Untouchables -
    Electric Nitwit
    Scoring 2nd last place with About today by The National

notes:

listen1: Liking the intro tune. What is with the vocals though. I hope it gets better .... Bit of violin in the background is nice. Vocals are still ruining it so far. It's like he's trying to be Leondard Cohen or Nick Cave or something. He's trying to sing deep for the sake of it? It's really offputting which sucks ass because I can see this being unreal with a different vocalist. I think i'd listen to this again, but i'd be annoyed by the vocals still. Does he always sing like this?

Listen2: Based on the intro alone I give it 9. And then the vocals come in. Really? What is this lad doing.

Sorry EN :(

I love ur mans voice, love the national

Glad I didn't enter your Walrus in the end :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Yeah me too. Although I completely understand that his voice puts quite a few people off

Advertisement