Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tusk's Walrus - Le Reveal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Can we get the song titles in the reveal? Youtube is blocked at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,131 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

fixXxer wrote: »

Who blocks Youtube anymore?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'm lucky I can get Boards at this stage :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

fixXxer wrote: »

done and done

Next up Persistence Of Visio -
    Homer
    with Warpaint - Undertow and 12 points

Notes

Listen 1:It's grand... Is it multiple vocalists, or a chorus effect? Weird. There seems to be a few key issues intermittently which could be on purpose. I can't tell, but the whole song kind of feels off kilter, and as such makes me feel like that. Music is nice and chill. I can see this playing in a dark smoky room while I sit in the corner ignoring life and just zoning out. Actually I like it more now that i'm getting into it. bitta high hat rocking out midway through gives it a bit of oomph. A handy little solo that knows what it is and doesn't try to be anything special. Works perfectly for the song. Mad song. nice ending. I like it! You won me round in one listen haha

Listen 2: I like the intro. Vocals come in nice and soft, kinda chorusy. Is it multiple singers, or an effect? Ohhhh key issues. bleh. feck sake. I'm guessing it's multiple singers. not really enjoying this now at all. The beat is nice, and that intro music is still feeding me. Vocals are bit nasty tho to be honest. I like the 'now i've got you in the undertow' bit. That's nice, Feels right. On key and not expressing the imbalance of the rest of the song up until then. Oh i like this bit of guitar, not bad. key issues. Second half of the song is definitely way better than the first half, I think that's mainly because there's less vocals and more of a music focus. I want to like it, but it's hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Is there any order to the scoring - Is it the higher the score the better?

Pretzill wrote: »
    Is there any order to the scoring - Is it the higher the score the better?

I'm starting in the middle and working out in both directions a la Green&Red, to keep a bit of tension throughout the game.

Higher scores are better

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Emotion is a strange round in some ways, isn't it?

I love Dakota, Radio Ga Ga and Undertow but don't find any of them particularly emotional. Then Luther Vandross gave me some feels but I didn't love the song itself.

Timelords of London -
    Stu
    with Blue Factory Flame - Songs: Ohia and 16 points

Notes:

Listen1: i like. super chill. nice background music. Voice is very nice and the little bit of backing vocals is a great addition. Nice bit of passion in the signing.

Listen2: I like, bluesy as fuk. I can feel myself in a smokey blues bar swaying away to this. noice

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Can you share the spotify playlist after each round, I'd like to have a listen myself to all songs properly too..

If that's not too much bother

• Advertisement

Trigger wrote: »
    Can you share the spotify playlist after each round, I'd like to have a listen myself to all songs properly too..

If that's not too much bother

sure thing chicken wing

The Carebears -
    Barney92
    gets 11 points for Liam Clancy's Parting Glass

Notes

Listen1: i love this song and have heard so many versions of it. never heard this one, and unfortunately it hasn't got a patch on many of the others. A bit sad to be honest, when I saw this on the list, I was excited to hear it and expected it to score high. not enough passion or emotion in it for me i'm afraid.

Listen2: I love this song. I remember last listen giving out about this version, but I don't feel so strongly this time. I'm really feeling the tin whistle/flute or whatever in the background and that's keeping the emotion there for me. If he pops in a belty bit, this could be an unexpected contender. oh. key issue near the end. What is going on with all the key issues bejaysus. The belt never came :/

Next Up Pulsion -
    fixxxer
    with 17 points for Therapy? - God Kicks

Notes

Listen1: I like the tone and musicality, but your man's voice is very difficult to hear and understand, which throws me off. Originally from the start i didn't like it. but as it went on, it grew on me a bit

Listen2: Nice. It reminds me a bit of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0nmHymgM7Y. Both a good example of nicely done deep vocals... music is tasty and feels perfect for the vocals. I find it a little difficult to understand him but not so much that it would annoy me. I'll look for more by this artist.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yay, my song hasn't appeared yet.

Booooo the reveal is going both ways from the middle :eek:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

tusk wrote: »
    I'm starting in the middle and working out in both directions a la Green&Red, to keep a bit of tension throughout the game.

Higher scores are better

Now that I’m on the other side of this I’m not sure I like it so much!!

Flames of Finland -
    osh............
    gets 10 points for Elliott Smith - Needle in the Hay

Notes:

listen1: I don't mind this one. It's not doing anything for me though. I mean it's grand. The best bit is the chorus, but it doesn't have anything that's interesting me. I like his vocal style. If a bit of texture to the style shows up, it will give it an instant bump. just seems very flat across the duration of the song.

Listen2: Nice intro. I like his voice, I think maybe a bit more production on the vocal sounds would be nice, it sounds like a live performance here, but just the vocals which is weird. Very chill. I'd like to hear a bit of belt at some point to lift it up. Everything is very flat so far. Needs a bit more texture to really elevate it. hmmm. his break in the middle of just strumming the same chord for a few bars, seems like he wants to break up the song, but has nothing to add. Very strange. Kind of doesn't work, especially because he just goes into the next verse, which is exactly like all the others, if there was a nice bridge there or a difference in the verse, maybe it would work better. Overall, nice enough song, but very flat and uneventful so much so that I probably wouldn't turn this off if it came on, purely because i wouldn't even notice it was on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Public sector, the killjoys of the working world :(

New office doesn't even have boards!!

Next up - Level 16 -
    Strawbert
    with 18 points for Christy Moore's The Voyage

Notes;

Listen1: love the voyage. it's a belter, I can understand where it can ping you right in the feels. I love the lyrics and the metaphors.

Listen2: Love this song. This version is a bit soft though. Would like to hear a bit more belt in it to be honest. Great choon though.

Necro wrote: »

That-moment-you-want-to-puke-Vomit-Meme.jpg

Public sector, the killjoys of the working world :(

Do I know you? :pac:

• Advertisement

Trigger wrote: »
    Do I know you? :pac:

If you work in Sligo then it's likely :pac::pac:

(Moving there in ten days from Castlebar, but live in Sligo)

Some Controversy inbound here. And I'm absolutely disgusted to find out who actually submitted this because I like it so much :(

Federation Of Free Traders -
    Skunkers
    gets 9 points for Emotional Titanic Flute

Notes:

Listen1: People are gonna moan about this as a joke, but i fukking love this guy and I don't care :P

Listen2: So I listened to this song first for the first listen. And I already knew it. And I like it. I think it's brilliantly put together. You might see someone acting the bollix here, but I think it takes real skill to pick and choose the notes to play correctly and the ones to **** up. I love it. However, after listening to everything else twice, I need to put this in the right place based on those.

If you work in Sligo then it's likely :pac::pac:

(Moving there in ten days from Castlebar, but live in Sligo)

Just dont be emailing me from that call centre ;)

:pac:

Some great choices both sides of the middle today - Family Album//Johnny Duhan is a fine album which puts the Voyage into the songwriters context, it also contains The Room another great track by Johnny made famous by Dolores Keane.

Some Controversy inbound here. And I'm absolutely disgusted to find out who actually submitted this because I like it so much :(

Skunkers

That's really cheered me up - I cannot stand the original :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Skunkers

Notes:

Listen1: People are gonna moan about this as a joke, but i fukking love this guy and I don't care :P

Listen2: So I listened to this song first for the first listen. And I already knew it. And I like it. I think it's brilliantly put together. You might see someone acting the bollix here, but I think it takes real skill to pick and choose the notes to play correctly and the ones to **** up. I love it. However, after listening to everything else twice, I need to put this in the right place based on those.

Has Skunk done the lottery? Because the odds of it must be less than submitting that song, finding someone who’s heard it before and that person liking it

Green&Red wrote: »
    Has Skunk done the lottery? Because the odds of it must be less than submitting that song, finding someone who’s heard it before and that person liking it

If not she should rush out and play the Euromillions :pac:

Green&Red wrote: »

I want to get skunks input on this, but i think she submitted it to piss me off and it backfired :D which makes me happy

FWIW it got a 7 on first listen and then a 5.5 on second. I'll share full scores at the end too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

There is talk backstage they're actually the same person. Certainly hasnt been disproved yet.

Advertisement