Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Square One: New Evidence in Michael Jackson Case | Full Documentary

• 06-10-2019 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

This documentary is well worth the watch.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11033952/

Released yesterday on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/ZxNDb2PVcoM

Square One is a documentary that investigates the first ever 1993 allegations against Michael Jackson. It strategically uncovers new evidence and information through interviews with people closest to the case. These interviews showcase never-before-heard public statements from witnesses, Michael Jackson’s nephew, and legal assistant to the prosecutor in ‘93.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Just watched that.
    I was never really convinced by the stories, but certainly Michael Jackson came under sustained attack from some rather unsavoury types.

I was never comfortable with the fact that the 1993 accusers said they believed their child had been abused but did not go to the police, but instead, looked for money.

The 'facts' that are taken even today as gospel, but which are not at all true just show how gullible some people are in the hands of the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I have not looked at the video so do not know which angle it takes but when I hear "Documentary released on Youtube" I tend to take it with a grain of salt. Documentaries released on Youtube also claim the earth is flat, claim MMR vaccine gives your kids autism, aliens sent us to the moon, we went to the moon to meet aliens, we never went to the moon, the moon is an illusion...

Basically Youtube Documentary tends to be a bit of an oxymoron.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bystarlight

I have not looked at the video so do not know which angle it takes but when I hear "Documentary released on Youtube" I tend to take it with a grain of salt. Documentaries released on Youtube also claim the earth is flat, claim MMR vaccine gives your kids autism, aliens sent us to the moon, we went to the moon to meet aliens, we never went to the moon, the moon is an illusion...

Basically Youtube Documentary tends to be a bit of an oxymoron.

Yes, in most instances, I'd 100% agree with you.

This documentary actually premiered in theatres in LA last week, and in London last weekend, before it's YouTube release, if that gives it some credence for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭MOR316

Unfortunately, it seems people want him to be gulity for some strange reason.

LN director - "We didn't give you facts, we gave you a journey" and people lap it up.
    This documentary, which lays out the facts for us and people will scoff at it because it paints the guy in an innocent light.

I find that very confusing to say the least to be honest.

Anyways, thanks for posting. Good watch. That settlement and the reasons behind it are explained

• Registered Users Posts: 15,984 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

This thread is growing cobwebs. Didn't and don't expect much comment about this, unless it's a negative story spreading BS it doesn't generate chatter. It's the same reason the gutter press only ever latch onto and print the sensational lies about Michael Jackson.

The documentary Square One was really good, seen it at launch. There's a few out there that expose the truth. Leaving Neverland was a disgusting hitpiece that has been debunked months ago. Michael Jackson has no legal protection now that he's dead.

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    This thread is growing cobwebs. Didn't and don't expect much comment about this, unless it's a negative story spreading BS it doesn't generate chatter. It's the same reason the gutter press only ever latch onto and print the sensational lies about Michael Jackson.

The documentary Square One was really good, seen it at launch. There's a few out there that expose the truth. Leaving Neverland was a disgusting hitpiece that has been debunked months ago. Michael Jackson has no legal protection now that he's dead.

As I said, it's quite bizarre how people want him to be guilty. I have to question the mindset of those who do. Why would anyone want someone to be guilty of that?

I've also noticed people treat him differently. Of course, the sleepover thing is wrong, no matter how innocent it was said to be. But, why are people so quick to condemn him in any other aspects?

If you're gay, it's perfectly fine. Unless you're Michael Jackson. Then we speculate and make fun of him.

If you have mental health problems, it's fine and understandable. Unless you're Michael Jackson. Then we call him a wacko and laugh at him.

It's not OK to be racist. It's wrong. Unless its Michael Jackson. Then we can call him after a Monkey and make fun of his skin disease.

In regards Leaving Neverland... As my good friend said, "I think he done something but, not to them. That piece is just a cash grab from two morons"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

MOR316 wrote: »
    As I said, it's quite bizarre how people want him to be guilty. I have to question the mindset of those who do. Why would anyone want someone to be guilty of that?

I've also noticed people treat him differently. Of course, the sleepover thing is wrong, no matter how innocent it was said to be. But, why are people so quick to condemn him in any other aspects?

If you're gay, it's perfectly fine. Unless you're Michael Jackson. Then we speculate and make fun of him.

If you have mental health problems, it's fine and understandable. Unless you're Michael Jackson. Then we call him a wacko and laugh at him.

It's not OK to be racist. It's wrong. Unless its Michael Jackson. Then we can call him after a Monkey and make fun of his skin disease.

In regards Leaving Neverland... As my good friend said, "I think he done something but, not to them. That piece is just a cash grab from two morons"
    He's not accused of being gay, hes accused of molesting young boys.

He's not accused of being gay, hes accused of molesting young boys.

Funny because in the 80s, right up until he died he was accused of being a homosexual. Many made fun of him over it. But that was OK though because he was Michael Jackson. It was allowed apparently.

In fact, I even read an article saying he had many gay lovers back in the summer, in The Mirror. Along with many women around the world claiming he fathered their kids. From the 70s onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,984 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Another thing about Michael Jackson and the racist abuse he suffered. Take "Wacko Jacko", a term the British tabloid trash labeled him with since the 80's. The word "Jacko" is a racist word and the majority of people don't know it. It originated in the East End, "Jacco Macacco" was a fighting ape or monkey who was exhibited in monkey-baiting matches at the Westminster Pit in London in the early 1820's. Its name was shortened into Cockney rhyming slang as a racist name for black people. The name Wacko Jacko is highly offensive and shouldn't be allowed to be used, but...
    EGnv-7uU0AA48O0?format=jpg&name=small

Advertisement