Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Importing replicas?

• 16-10-2019 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey folks. I was wondering if someone from the airsoft community familiar with Irish laws regarding realistic-looking firearms be able to advise me.

I'm interested in purchasing non-firing replicas of historical guns. I have my eye on a few models manufactured by Denix, which are a company within the EU.

I've read through some of Section 40 of the Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 regarding the purchase and importing of realistic imitation firearms. It seems there are some restrictions in place, but I don't fully understand those restrictions.

Do I, a consumer, need to register in the register of dealers in realistic imitation firearms in order to be able to have one shipped to my home in Ireland from another EU country? This seems a bit excessive unless this register is only meant for those who are bulk ordering and selling these replicas - hence my uncertainty.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Erisceres wrote: »
    Hey folks. I was wondering if someone from the airsoft community familiar with Irish laws regarding realistic-looking firearms be able to advise me.

I'm interested in purchasing non-firing replicas of historical guns. I have my eye on a few models manufactured by Denix, which are a company within the EU.

I've read through some of Section 40 of the Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 regarding the purchase and importing of realistic imitation firearms. It seems there are some restrictions in place, but I don't fully understand those restrictions.

Do I, a consumer, need to register in the register of dealers in realistic imitation firearms in order to be able to have one shipped to my home in Ireland from another EU country? This seems a bit excessive unless this register is only meant for those who are bulk ordering and selling these replicas - hence my uncertainty.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

No need to register anything. Just order away, you may be subject to import tax if your ordering from outside the EU

Advertisement