Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

October 2019 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Congralations to you Starlady1!!! Hugs, must have been frightening for ye but all is well in the end... I know it seems like forever now with the pain but it will ease, just take all the rest you can get... Hope ye are all getting on fantastic...

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭starlady1

It's all a bit of a blur to be honest I hadn't time to even think about it! Hadn't half the stuff ready at home but I've caught up now I think! Getting on well otherwise. Good luck to all looking forward to hearing news soon!

I can only imagine!! Sure there is always catching up to do in normal life not to mind with a baby... Glad to hear ye are ok..

Looking forward to the next few weeks now, got my hair done today as a treat and got the little ones hair cut into a bob too it is so cute..It is like she is 21 already at 22mths haha..

I clearly have way too much time as i am always on this, well not always but seem to post a lot..

So into the final few weeks, im hoping we didnt manage to get the baby to move around too much the other night. Played some music through headphones and there has been a lot of turns bug ones.. It did enjoy the music, and have an appointment tom so we shall check all..

Had the niceest weekend with no agenda.. New hair dos and just chilling.. Have been getting odd little pains, and got a few down below last night.. Going to try encourage labour now, ws just laughing at the cheek list men really do have it handy sex and nipple tweaking loverly

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Went to the gp last week and got a cert for this week. I wasn’t due to go on maternity leave until Friday as I’d fudged my dates in work. Really started to feel like I was running out of road though. So today is my first day off. Still have to send a few emails but once that’s done I’ll be shutting down the email app for the best part of a year.

Seeing the consultant this afternoon to see how things are progressing but I feel this baby has no intentions of coming anytime soon but at least I’ll know if my cervix is effacing and if baby is engaged or not.

Definitely noticed that baby has dropped a lot in the last few days but still pops into my ribs every now again so don’t think we are engaged yet.

i was thinking of getting my hair done before the baby arrives but I’m terrified a lot of it will fall out (this happened to me before after an illness). Might be best to wait and get a good cut after once I know.

• Advertisement

Heaven you must be looking forward to settling down now.. Congratulations on your last day of work:).. Darn with the hair, i rem a cousin of mine saying she lost clumps of hair after a pregnancy and just got a really loverly short cut.. Hope it does not happen for you, but if it does know it was for the baby and your just gorgeous they way you are..

I wasnt going to get it done but wanted a treat, i know the colour wont last and all that, my hair went the opposite with the first and I ended up getting an undercut to thin it out, but there was a lot of breakage this time round so got a lot of it taking off.. Miss it but sure hopefully it will grow back..

You might be surprised, im getting the odd twinges in the ribs too but the doc last week said the head was engaged.. Maybe it has really long limbs haha..I hate the idea of them poking around down there, even though i know that sounds silly :). Was thinking of the sweep and all that last night but dont think we will take it just see how it goes..

I’m definitely not considering a sweep I’d like a week off at least! I’m still only 39 weeks tomorrow officially so there’s no rush as far as I’m concerned. I don’t want to be induced so depending on how my cervix and the baby is doing I’d consider it next week but otherwise I’ll push as far as I can in order to go naturally. I’ve no other health issues so shouldn’t be a problem

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Don't be afraid to tell your doctor that -i know I have told them round 40 weeks to do a check but no sweep, then allowed them to do a sweep at 41 weeks (once all looks ok obviously).It is your body after all.

Were more or less the same date wise I think so, my due date is the 23rd.. Yep defo stick to your ground with things.. I never remember them being pushy with having a sweep or anything like that the first time round so tis grand, just will have my back up a bit this time with sticking to our plan or what we would like to do....

Take your week you should plan to do something nice for yourself,is there any spa place to get a nice pedicure or something or even a swim.. Was thinking that the other day ohh to have your own pool would be great...of course you would have the spare cash to build one in Ireland haha

Enjoy all the pampering ladies get the hair done go to a spa etc. Ye won't have time to do anything once the baby arrives! I was due around the same dates ye are all talking about it I would have been 39 weeks this week!

Pistachios and cream I had also altered my dates at work but because my baby came early I think I will have to give my real dates now to apply for extended maternity leave due to premature birth. I must look into it...

Best of luck to all.

• Advertisement

Back from the consultant today or well the doc who was meeting for her, still haven't meet the lady herself :) but tis so conflicting.. This lady was more pushed towards Id say going naturally so there was little to no talk about booking the 25th for a section.. Both kinda came away going mmmmm what to do.. But back to square one we shall wait and see, back in again next week.. She said baby is still head down so that is good

Hope ye are all doing great Starlady and things have settled down for ye... How is the section wounds feeling?

Have to say himself has been a gem this weekend letting me sleep in every morning and taking herself, its like ahhh.. Have a few little bits and bobs to do. Just going through the bottles there to see what is good and what is not. Baby was leaping around like mad but has quietened in the last two days.. Still lots of movement just not as much.

Heading out this evening for a dinner with himself, thank god my brother is close to babysit so that should be loverly...

Hope everyone is doing great

Thanks Milly we are much more settled now. His due date was this week so I still am getting my head around the fact he's been around for nearly 3 weeks already...

Section wound is very sore on one side, I can't lie on it without pain. Went to GP last week and he was happy with it and said it is healing well and to give it another 2 weeks and it should feel better so I am trying to rest but dying to get back walking at the same time! I haven't exercised in si kibg because I had to stop during the pregnancy due to nausea etc. and now more rest due to section!

I had reduced movement in the last few weeks also...went into hospital a number of times in the final few weeks and they did a trace of the baby's heart which was always good. I think he just ran out of room towards to end. If you are worried go in, they are well used to it!

Enjoy your meal out and best of luck!

Starlady it does take time to heal. Possibly the shock of an emergency c-section isn’t helping.

All going well here, decided against an internal exam at 39 weeks but will go ahead at 40 and depending on how things look will probably opt for a sweep. However i think baby has engaged. Baby had been lying to the left but seems to have dropped and centred

Collected the last bits of the buggy from my sister and husband is giving them a wash. Once they are dry we are all sorted.

Enjoy your dinner milly.

Oh take your time Starlady as P&C even the mental side of having the emergency section can take you a while to recover. While it is ok, jes i remember waking in sweats a few nights from dreams after all the medication and that so dont panic. It takes a while for even the meds to go and then you have healing time... Think my scar was the same on one side, where the knot was, that might feel bigger goo was told at the time twas grand, i can still kinda feel it sometimes.. Be careful when you are getting out of bed jes that can feel horrible sometimes, You would love to have one of the pullys they have on the bed to make it easier.. Maybe go for short walks just make sure someone is there with you...

Fantastic P&C ye are all ready then!!! Just a waiting game... I hope it happens soon for ye... The face on the consultant the last day when i said no to the sweep was like, well then! Kinda tried to joke saying i had enough going on down there without that happening but nope... We have another app tomorrow now and we think really that if the baby doesn't budge by the 1st then well opt for a section on the 1st. Takes us 9 days over which I can see the frown but then they give you all differant information so were just going with what feels right..

Think ours is the same as ye Starlady well he (me thinks) is lying to the left all the time you see buldges sticking out :)..

Dinner was quite nice hostess could do with a kick up the arse but the ambiance was loverly and great to get out and yeah talk about babies haha

Yup just a waiting game now!

Yeah consultant was funny when I decided against an internal. Kept asking was I sure, and did I even want just a little one? I’m thinking like what’s the difference?

Anyway should know more tomorrow

I think you are both right it will take time to heal from the section. You do forget it is major surgery...I have rested alot over the weekend and the pain is easing alot which is great.

That might be it Milly but do go in if you are worried...they are well used to it. I am convinced though my baby just ran out of room as he got bigger because the movement declined all the time especially from 33 weeks onwards.

I don't think I would have done the sweep either if it was me but each to their own!

thats it, it is such a normal thing to even say a c section you forget that it is a big operation. Still think it is mad how fast they leave you out after, you should be kept in at least 5 days to a week. Twas late on a Thurs i had the section as in 10pm and then out on the Sunday. Madness, i know women are powerfull and we are I think a man would just be in a ball crying somewhere after it, but we need or time..

Thanks will do for sure, hes been bopping around all day now and got a very odd feeling when I was out walking around so maybe he is on the move.. Your a mighty women Starlady and dont forget it...

So met with consultant and had a sweep. I found it fine, a couple of mild cramps afterward and a small bit of a bleed. Seems I’m already 1-2cm dilated so that probably helped and consultant thinks I should go into labour naturally. Fingers crossed as I really want a shot at using the birthing pool and it’s a no go if you’re induced

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Best of luck all.You are bringing back some vivid memories!!Hope it goes well (and quickly).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

starlady1 wrote: »
    Thanks Milly we are much more settled now. His due date was this week so I still am getting my head around the fact he's been around for nearly 3 weeks already...

Section wound is very sore on one side, I can't lie on it without pain. Went to GP last week and he was happy with it and said it is healing well and to give it another 2 weeks and it should feel better so I am trying to rest but dying to get back walking at the same time! I haven't exercised in si kibg because I had to stop during the pregnancy due to nausea etc. and now more rest due to section!

I had reduced movement in the last few weeks also...went into hospital a number of times in the final few weeks and they did a trace of the baby's heart which was always good. I think he just ran out of room towards to end. If you are worried go in, they are well used to it!

Enjoy your meal out and best of luck!

Surgical wounds are often sore on one side . It is nearly always the side the stitches end , this is possibly because the surgeon pulls tighter towards the end and the last few stitches can feel pulled and tights
    Rest and take it easy , a C section is major surgery and you need about 6 weeks to feel you are getting your strength back

Yeah so happy for you P&C... 1 - 2 cm already is fantastic, were you getting mild cramps or anything before? Fantastic news...How are you feeling since?

We had a long day in there now and not getting lunch beforehand was a mistake, but met a loverly male doctor and female doctor and have to say they have been the nicest to us so far. Even the intern was just loverly the first to ask if you actually wanted help getting up off the table :)..

So after a chat and declining the sweep too (he was funny asking was it because i thought he would be doing it). We went with an internal examine as he said the head was engaged and it would just give them more of an idea, the female doc done this and more or less said well the cervix is still closed and well with my long pathway (which is just odd second gynie to say this to me) that she thought it was unlikely I would go into labour this week and she was think the best is to book for the section on Friday..

So booked in for Fri! All a bit real now which is silly as sure tis been 9mths but last few days.

Milly I’m glad you had a good visit and that you’re happy with your decisions.

I’ve no real cramping, just every now again a little one like I’ve a bit if trapped wind but they move off really fast. Nothing like my period pains which used to be horrendous.

I don’t think I even got Braxton hicks so actual contractions are going to be a huge shock

I think that is what i was getting the hicks, just feels kinda niggly really. Didnt get them with herself so not really sure either..

God the doubts are setting in now as to should we wait longer maybe another week, but thats just thinking too much. You think section yeah grand and then I remember the tights haha..

I meant to say that also Starlady if you get a pain kinda like period pain again on one side sometimes it can be just wind.. I remember about 2 weeks after going for a walk and got the twinge, got sore but nothing unbearable was thinking is there another on the way, and sure then well lets say the pressure released haha.

Just a waiting game so P&C have ye yer names picked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Well baby Sam is here after a 10 hour labour. Definitely my hardest one. Hes so quiet and content long may it last.

Managed to make it through with no pain relief some how.

So he was born 24th at 19.48 8lb 8ounces and his due date was the 27th so I'm happy with that.

Wishing all remaining a speedy delivery and recovery

Well baby Sam is here after a 10 hour labour. Definitely my hardest one. Hes so quiet and content long may it last.

So he was born 24th at 19.48 8lb 8ounces and his due date was the 27th so I'm happy with that.

Congratulations on baby Sam. I hope you have a speedy recovery and the best behaved baba ever.

Congratulations! Glad it all went well. Wow that's a great weight he is. Mine still doesn't weigh that at 3 weeks old!

Fair play for doing it with no pain relief. Hope you are recovering well and get to go home soon!

Congratulations to ye!!! Welcome Baby Sam, hope ye are settling in at home great...

We welcomed little Oliver on the 25th of Oct, weighing in at 7lb 12oz a right cutie he is tiny. Ended up section in the end but sure
    all is good.

Bit dissappointed as the leaving was ruined again put a real downer on things but getting over it.. Strange having a baby again getting used to how much they sleep tis mad

Congratulations Milly!

Mind yourself after the section. The recovery is tough.

Sorry to hear that, hope ye are all okay.

• Advertisement

Milly33 wrote: »
    Congratulations to ye!!! Welcome Baby Sam, hope ye are settling in at home great...

We welcomed little Oliver on the 25th of Oct, weighing in at 7lb 12oz a right cutie he is tiny. Ended up section in the end but sure
    all is good.

Bit dissappointed as the leaving was ruined again put a real downer on things but getting over it.. Strange having a baby again getting used to how much they sleep tis mad

Congratulations milly. Take care of yourself after the section. I hope baby Oliver is good for you

Advertisement