Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BMW ConnectedDrive problem

• 12-10-2019 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭

Trying to update the traffic subscription from the BMW Connected website. I was able to do it last year, but this year it seems to be having an error with my address and wont proceed to the payments page. I have been on to their email support to sort it out and was promised, sent VIN and Reg but no joy. They only appear to respond to emails every couple of weeks.

I was also trying to extend the service pack on my wifes car a few months ago and it did not work then either.

Is there some tip to filling out your address. This is shocking that the site has not been able to take payments for months and that customers can't buy services.

Any ideas ????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Try contacting your local main BMW dealer.

I've yet to encounter a time when they weren't more than willing to extract money from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

mikeecho wrote: »
    Try contacting your local main BMW dealer.

I've yet to encounter a time when they weren't more than willing to extract money from me.

Not always, I wanted to get the nav updated and was told it was a monumental waste of money eg €100s and I'd be without the car for 8 hours as it takes so long to do. The service manager adviced on how to download the file to a USB and upload mysef for ahout €30. Or as he said, "sure google maps is better anyway."

Not always, I wanted to get the nav updated and was told it was a monumental waste of money eg €100s and I'd be without the car for 8 hours as it takes so long to do. The service manager adviced on how to download the file to a USB and upload mysef for ahout €30. Or as he said, "sure google maps is better anyway."

The OP isnt looking to download maps, just update a subscription to an online service.

I'm sure the main dealer will be able to steer him in the right direction.

If he wanted maps and an FSC, I'd have sent a DM .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Is it a UK car or original Irish car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Slowly realising it's the biggest load of horsesh!t of a service, including the app. I'm letting all subs expire without renewals. For support, a BMW dealer is of zero use to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

kceire wrote: »
    Is it a UK car or original Irish car?

Irish from new. I purchased last year on line. It is just the site won’t proceed to the payment page. I have a Tom Tom with lifetime services which is better. But it would be nice to get a feature that I purchased with the car.

ciarsd wrote: »
    Slowly realising it's the biggest load of horsesh!t of a service, including the app. I'm letting all subs expire without renewals. For support, a BMW dealer is of zero use to you.

Also for support the app support team are of zero use.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

dingding wrote: »
    Irish from new. I purchased last year on line. It is just the site won’t proceed to the payment page. I have a Tom Tom with lifetime services which is better. But it would be nice to get a feature that I purchased with the car.

Try in a different browser or go Incognito if not already tried

What did I miss Lightning? Can we not offer up the support contact information for BMW ConnectedDrive?

What did I miss Lightning? Can we not offer up the support contact information for BMW ConnectedDrive?

Tried that, been on to them by email for weeks. About 4 differnt agents involved. They are worse than some of the telecoms call centres and thats bad.

• Advertisement

Try in a different browser or go Incognito if not already tried

Tried that. It is failing some validation on the address fields and I used the smae address from last years invoice for the service.

Just curious has anyone been able to buy anything in the last 3 months from the bme connected website, i.e. a service pack or an additional service for their car.???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Looks like there might be a problem with ConnectedDrive at the moment.

Tried to add a new vehicle last week - requested the verification twice and it didn't come through to the car, and since then the App just says "unable to add this vehicle to your account".

Just logged in on the website and it says "Your vehicle data could not be loaded. Please click on "Load vehicle data" and try it again."

Clicking on Load vehicle data just refreshes the page to the same error message.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I heard their hamster keeled over at the weekend and they are struggling to find a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Think that is bad, wait until you try downloading and updating maps!

I wouldn't even bother, there are cheaper and easier ways.

bazz26 wrote: »

Yep - just change cars. Maps are always the latest version then :pac:

completely broken now. Can't log into the website at all. There is a clumsy error code at the top of the screen. You cant connect to the connected drive from the iPhone app either.

Finally after a number of weeks (4) the help desk have come back to be and enabled the traffic for another year, charging my credit card on file.

Can you point me in the right direction? Or a hint at what I should be searching for :) I'm one map update behind right now.

Can you point me in the right direction? Or a hint at what I should be searching for :) I'm one map update behind right now.

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Same - would also appreciate details please

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I heard their hamster keeled over at the weekend and they are struggling to find a replacement.

I heard he died from EGR cooler issues :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I buy the Map updates from eBay as I already have a lifetime code applied in the car.
    The firmware updates etc, I do through the App.

I'm currently on 19-2 in the I3 and the F10.

kceire wrote: »
    I buy the Map updates from eBay as I already have a lifetime code applied in the car.
    The firmware updates etc, I do through the App.

I'm currently on 19-2 in the I3 and the F10.

Similarity I've a lifetime FSC, but I find the maps from other sources.

Sounds like

Chris-Tarrant-S.jpg

How do you get the FSC code needed to update the maps?
    I presume that this is unique to the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

BraveDonut wrote: »
    How do you get the FSC code needed to update the maps?
    I presume that this is unique to the car?

You can buy it from an online source or if you have Esys and a INET cable get the a copy of the FSC code (specific to that vehicle) from the car and generate your own based on the idrive and map version.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭aristotle25

BMW are very poor at this sort of thing. I paid for Apple CarPlay and cancelled it within the allowed 2 weeks as it really wasn't worth paying for.

That was last July and I am still chasing them for my refund. They are blaming their invoice system and all sorts of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

BMW are very poor at this sort of thing. I paid for Apple CarPlay and cancelled it within the allowed 2 weeks as it really wasn't worth paying for.

That was last July and I am still chasing them for my refund. They are blaming their invoice system and all sorts of things.

BMW aftersales in the UK at least is incredibly poor for all manner of issues down to connected drive, recallsand general organisation.

Coincidentally mine of off to them later today for the ERG cooler recall, took 5 week wait to book it in.

Who's fault is the broken Spotify integration? Spotify blame BMW and BMW return the gesture and blame Spotify. Can still stream over bluetooth mind, with some limited functionality via iDrive/steering wheel control.

The quality and implementation of all of this is p!ss poor as is their apparent lack of giving 2 f00ks

Who's fault is the broken Spotify integration? Spotify blame BMW and BMW return the gesture and blame Spotify. Can still stream over bluetooth mind, with some limited functionality via iDrive/steering wheel control.

The quality and implementation of all of this is p!ss poor as is their apparent lack of giving 2 f00ks

I no longer seem to have the option to connect "Apps", just phone and audio - is that the same on your's now?

Spotify never worked for me. Would occasionally show as an option (usually after first pairing of the phone) but would hand when I tried to use it, and just went back to Bluetooth.

This car will show the track playing through Spotify in the odometer section if you use the right scroll wheel, but skipping to the next track generally doesn't work. Google Play Music works a hell of a lot better for some reason.

• Advertisement

You can buy it from an online source or if you have Esys and a INET cable get the a copy of the FSC code (specific to that vehicle) from the car and generate your own based on the idrive and map version.

Seems like I didn't need this - maps updated seamlessly from the USB.

Advertisement