Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford Castle Fireworks

• 13-10-2019 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi Waterford,
    Does anyone else know what the story is with people letting off or having fireworks displays near the dunmore road? I thought initially it may be as part of a weddings in Waterford Castle but twice in the last month on they have been on Sunday nights around 10pm usually lasting 10-15 minutes?
    My issue is that on the two most recent occasions it has set every dog within earshot off who all start barking which has in turn then woken up my baby son roaring?

Can any one confirm if it's the castle who's letting off the fireworks?
    Does anyone know what the regulations on them having such displays, noise pollution, event permission etc?

I'm just trying to get my facts straight before I write a letter asking for clarification from them on it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

You sure it isn't the usual scrotes just setting off fireworks at random (albeit in a burst)? It's been happening on and off for weeks as per usual at this time of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

I just presumed it was the castle because as was said above it seems to be at ten o clock on weekend nights.
    In saying that I was walking dog the other night and gang of shìts throw a banger on the road. Never mind the dog but I nearly shìt myself. !!!
    If it is castle doesn't really bother me because it's over in ten minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barraseaclaid

debok wrote: »
    I just presumed it was the castle because as was said above it seems to be at ten o clock on weekend nights.
    In saying that I was walking dog the other night and gang of shìts throw a banger on the road. Never mind the dog but I nearly shìt myself. !!!
    If it is castle doesn't really bother me because it's over in ten minutes

No @harrypalmr this is definitely more sustained than kids letting them off.
    As the next poster said usually at weekend and normally I wouldn't give a monkeys but just with a baby in the house the ante is upped.
    Just hoping to get details so I can aske them if they have planned dates for these things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I suppose wedding parties are an important earner and that would be weekend based, though I associate Saturday as the wedding day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I heard them there last night (from Viewmount) and they're definitely not just youngfellas out on the green letting off bangers. You could hear the rapid fire of the launcher, so it's definitely some sort of professional, computer-controlled setup. I couldn't see them from my location, but Waterford Castle would be consistent with the direction the noise was coming from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

fricatus wrote: »
    I heard them there last night (from Viewmount) and they're definitely not just youngfellas out on the green letting off bangers. You could hear the rapid fire of the launcher, so it's definitely some sort of professional, computer-controlled setup. I couldn't see them from my location, but Waterford Castle would be consistent with the direction the noise was coming from.

Same here. Can never see them though from my house. Surely some on here has seen them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

They went off on two successive Thursdays last month also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I know that some of them are coming from Farran Park and have been since September!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Happening all over the country since the ploughing championships I believe. Every kid that went up there bought all they could afford.

Advertisement