Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rathmines Omniplex

• 13-10-2019 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

So I bought my twin 16 year old kids tickets to see the joker last night, they look 16 and were with me, so when we go to enter we are told they need I’d, now my kids are taller than me and look about 18 and what kid carries I’d, but fair enough rules are rules , so I ask to see the manager as we are all embarrassed and just want a refund or voucher for something else, but then a man child manager tells me no refund, and in fact he has done this to many people so it’s not personal? Well I hope I meet him again as I live in rathmines. I emailed a complaint and they said no refund and showed me the small print. So be warned anyone going with teens, they robbed me of 40 euro.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

That’s disgraceful and a complete overreaction to the films controversy in the states.

As you said what child carries ID.

I could understand if they were alone but accompanied by an adult they should just let you in.

I went there to see the joker earlier in the week and was bemused by all the a4 notices posted everywhere about joker being 16....

There’s been far worse movies released!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I could understand if they were alone but accompanied by an adult they should just let you in.

The classification is 16, not 15A. It doesnt matter who you're with, it's against the law for them to let you in if you're not 16 or over (provably).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Nevermind refusing entry, but not giving a refund is complete and utter robbery - what the fúck.

They literally took your money and then just said f off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

So I bought my twin 16 year old kids tickets to see the joker last night, they look 16 and were with me, so when we go to enter we are told they need I’d, now my kids are taller than me and look about 18 and what kid carries I’d, but fair enough rules are rules , so I ask to see the manager as we are all embarrassed and just want a refund or voucher for something else, but then a man child manager tells me no refund, and in fact he has done this to many people so it’s not personal? Well I hope I meet him again as I live in rathmines. I emailed a complaint and they said no refund and showed me the small print. So be warned anyone going with teens, they robbed me of 40 euro.

Did you pay by credit card? If so do a charge back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Invisibleman

Did you pay by credit card? If so do a charge back

I did, how do you do a charge back ?

• Advertisement

I did, how do you do a charge back ?

Ring up your bank tomorrow and explain that you paid for a service but weren't given it. If you're with kbc they're open 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s the accompanying adults responsibility to ensure the accompanying kids are of the age to see the film, they were and you did.

16 year olds don’t carry ID pure and simple so for someone in a managers position to be asking for ID from kids is outrageous...

Strumms wrote: »
    It’s the accompanying adults responsibility to ensure the accompanying kids are of the age to see the film, they were and you did.

16 year olds don’t carry ID pure and simple so for someone in a managers position to be asking for ID from kids is outrageous...

I was so angry we’d all been looking forward to it, when he said no refund I was literally in shock

I was so angry we’d all been looking forward to it, when he said no refund I was literally in shock

Put it down to experience and try where possible to give your business elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Did you buy at a machine or a counter?

• Advertisement

Put it down to experience and try where possible to give your business elsewhere.

Fcuk that - do a credit card charge back. I'm blue in the face telling people to pay for everything with their credit cards for the extra protection

• Registered Users Posts: 78,239 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I was there the other day. The ha notices up that they would specifically be checking ID for Joker.

Victor wrote: »
    I was there the other day. The ha notices up that they would specifically be checking ID for Joker.

What id is available to a 16 year old? To my mind a licence for a tractor would be the only state issued id

What id is available to a 16 year old? To my mind a licence for a tractor would be the only state issued id

Passport.

Again, a 16 film isn't an "anyone under 16 must be accompanied" classification. It's an over 16s only. I doubt someone telling them the person with them is over 16 is a defense as far as the law is concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Well I hope I meet him again as I live in rathmines

Why? What will you do?

Passport.

Kids need be carrying their passports to the cinema now, next to buy a Diet Coke they’ll need to prove they haven’t got a caffeine intolerance with a doctors note..

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭holliehobbie

Do they need to bring their birth certs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭Homelander

This sounds a bit strange unless he's the most incompetent manager on the planet, not sure this is the whole story. They strictly check ID for this movie yes, but usually when a) it's an individual who looks 16 or younger, or b) parents who have kids with them that look younger than 16.

An adult with two 16 year olds who look their age or older as you say, is unlikely to be stopped unless they genuinely feel the kids are obviously younger than that....and even then I've seen them allow people get a refund/go see something else. I honestly find it hard to believe 100% this version of events.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Age card?

• Advertisement

Fcuk that - do a credit card charge back. I'm blue in the face telling people to pay for everything with their credit cards for the extra protection

Thanks for advice I applied for a chargeback this morning

Homelander wrote: »
    This sounds a bit strange unless he's the most incompetent manager on the planet, not sure this is the whole story. They strictly check ID for this movie yes, but usually when a) it's an individual who looks 16 or younger, or b) parents who have kids with them that look younger than 16.

An adult with two 16 year olds who look their age or older as you say, is unlikely to be stopped unless they genuinely feel the kids are obviously younger than that....and even then I've seen them allow people get a refund/go see something else. I honestly find it hard to believe 100% this version of events.

Why would I lie I put the thread up so no one else will be mugged

Thanks for advice I applied for a chargeback this morning

How'd it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Greyfox

The manager is a d*ckhead for not giving a refund at least. It was silly to refuse entry anyway

gwalk wrote: »
    Why? What will you do?

Dish out a few shlaps to the innocent fool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Dish out a few shlaps to the innocent fool

Nice of you to do this on OPs behalf

gwalk wrote: »
    Nice of you to do this on OPs behalf

I let my fists do the talking when it comes to consumer injustice

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭fitz

Whatever about how it was handled, a no refund
    policy in any cinema is understandable, tbh. They can hardly resell those seats just as the screening is about to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Tow

Omniplex is owned by Sawbridge Ltd. They are a family company. The also own the Swan Center. Their head office is upstairs in the Swan Center. Just a few meters walk, knock on the door and you can talk to the real management.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Greyfox

fitz wrote: »
    Whatever about how it was handled, a no refund
    policy in any cinema is understandable, tbh. They can hardly resell those seats just as the screening is about to start.

No its not, its impossible to understand as its a completely braindead decision, I don't know how anybody can think its fair not to refund as they have clearly been left out of pocket for service not provided. I've been to the that cinema loads of times as your never waiting long to get food like liffey valley but i've never seen the cinema completely full. Yeah I get they didnt have ID but who brings ID to a cinema? what if they actually had of been 16, its different if it was to buy beer. Who's going to read a cinema's T&C to see that they wouldnt get a refund. their are times when common sense is required.

Advertisement