Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!!!!!!!!! Paula's World Record Gone !!!!!!!!

• 13-10-2019 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

Brigid Kosgei 2.14.03

Came through half way 1min 3 sec up on the world record (66.59) and powered on.

Over 4 min off her PB. Coming off here 1:04:28 WB in Half a few weeks previously

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

gone, destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Smashed it what a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ha.....

How could I have ever suggested that her record was beatable...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

walshb wrote: »
    Ha.....

How could I have ever suggested that her record was beatable...

Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Delighted, Cram sick as a parrot.
    Mo had his arse handed to him too, he should quit now and lie low.

• Advertisement

Just saying...I was right all along...

Vindication......

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

Rumours are there was a text from Betsy Andreu to congratulate her :p

Paula should be delighted here, as it proves to her that what she did was proper...vindication for her....

Fionualla with a big PB 2.26.47 for 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭gavinoontheweb

Fionnuala Top 5, 2:26 PB and Tokyo Qualifier. Good days work, Irish sports performer of the year for me between Chicago, Boston and Aarhus she is in a league of her own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,434 ✭✭✭✭28064212

KSU wrote: »
    Fionualla with a big PB 2.26.47 for 5th
    Moves to second on the Irish all-time list, only Catherina McKiernan (2:22:23) ahead of her, great performance

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using post-migration Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and a dark mode setting)

28064212 wrote: »
    Moves to second on the Irish all-time list, only Catherina McKiernan (2:22:23) ahead of her, great performance

Great to see 2 active Irishwomen sub 2.27 this year (even if they both aren't competing for us)

So, will this run receive same level of scrutiny, derision and shock as Paula’s?

Kosgei’s agent is an interesting character...

So, will this run receive same level of scrutiny, derision and shock as Paula’s?

Kosgei’s agent is an interesting character...

More than likely given her rapid progression but with a little less hypocricy I would imagine.

More than likely given her rapid progression but with a little less hypocricy I would imagine.

Well, we’ll see how many here who are so clearly anti Mo and Paula come out to ridicule this run...

Kosgei was also wearing these Nike footwear, expected to give 60-90 seconds improvement over the course of a marathon...

These athletes need to get these bad boys!

Well, we’ll see how many here who are so clearly anti Mo and Paula come out to ridicule this run...

There will be plenty given the connection to Jemima Sumgong & Rita Jeptoo via Dr Rosa. Though as I said before the issue most had is the hypocrisy and lies.

The holier than though defence with threats of lawsuits and trying to shut down anyone who calls them out while at the same time calling others out (Salazar saying you need to be on EPO to be top 5 in the world followed by producing a conveyor belt of world class athletes, Farah playing the race card to shut down the media, Paula with her "EPO out" sign while threatening lawsuits and refusing to release blood results for transparency of abnormal readings)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

They are all as bad as each other.
    Now that someone has matched Radcliffe time wise she has to be tarred with the same brush as they do.
    Be interesting to see the establishment i.e. The BBC clique have to analyse this one...

There will be plenty given the connection to Jemima Sumgong & Rita Jeptoo via Dr Rosa. Though as I said before the issue most had is the hypocrisy and lies.

The holier than though defence with threats of lawsuits and trying to shut down anyone who calls them out while at the same time calling others out (Salazar saying you need to be on EPO to be top 5 in the world followed by producing a conveyor belt of world class athletes, Farah playing the race card to shut down the media, Paula with her "EPO out" sign while threatening lawsuits and refusing to release blood results for transparency of abnormal readings)

Eh, if someone was sullying my name I too would sue.

Wouldn’t you?

We are entitled to our good name. Unless there is actual proof, of course she should sue anyone slandering/libelling her..

We’ll wait to see the OTT condemnation here...

Eh, if someone was sullying my name I too would sue.

Wouldn’t you?

We are entitled to our good name. Unless there is actual proof, of course she should sue anyone slandering/libelling her..

We’ll wait to see the OTT condemnation here...

Except it wasn't libel because they were her results being referred to despite them not naming her she was the one who confirmed this.

She then explained away the offscores without providing evidence.

I have read up on the ‘blood doping’ case..

She stood her ground and threatened to sue IF she felt that her reputation was going to be damaged. Nothing more. And a natural reaction for any person in that position..

Btw, her off scores were not at all illegal. And they can be explained..

• Advertisement

I have read up on the blood doping case..

She stood her ground and threatened to sue IF she felt that her reputation was going to be damaged. Nothing more. And a natural reaction for any person in that position..

Not getting into this so with you I will leave you with her own words
    “You print it and I sue you [and] you won’t be getting any money back in future like Lance Armstrong, I promise you that.”

Not getting into this so I will leave you with her own words

And fair play to her!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Anyone know who Kosgei's agent is?

This guy: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-367978237
    Italian sports agent Federico Rosa, who managed disgraced former Kenyan Olympic athlete Rita Jeptoo, has been charged in Kenya with doping offences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

And she wasn't even out of breath when she crossed the line... yeah amazing eh... just like Ayana's 10k WR :-(

Sinbad_NI wrote: »
    And she wasn't even out of breath when she crossed the line... yeah amazing eh... just like Ayana's 10k WR :-(

Kipchoge yesterday looked like he could run another marathon straight away. I have never seen a person look so “fresh” after 26 mikes, hence my not really caring as much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Rashers Big Log

PAULA GOES HOME DEVASTATED!!!!

May we never have to hear her hypocritical name again. Dustbin of history.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I suggested in one of my other posts she could break it. Pity about the company she keeps, alot of questions

Fair play to Paula. She was there to greet and congratulate the new record holder...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Sinbad_NI wrote: »

She is running slower than tempo pace. It is not an 800m race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

PAULA GOES HOME DEVASTATED!!!!

May we never have to hear her hypocritical name again. Dustbin of history.

How come? Paula had the advantage almost as similar to Kipchoge yesterday.

Advertisement