Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hot Chip Olympia Dublin October

• 12-04-2019 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭

Completely forgot about this, on sale today. Managed to get tickets at lunch time. Should be a cracking gig in one of the cities best venues.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭emo72

i got tickets for this as a present. havent listened to them for years. whats the setlist like nowadays?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

emo72 wrote: »
    i got tickets for this as a present. havent listened to them for years. whats the setlist like nowadays?

4-5 songs from the new album and the rest a selection of their discography. Lat I checked they play at least one song from each album.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

emo72 wrote: »

https://www.setlist.fm/search?query=hot+chip

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

https://setify.co/

Handy tool to make spotify playlists from the Setlist content

• Advertisement

thanks lads. few nice tunes there alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

Missed the tickets to this unfortuantely..Should be a great one. Perfect venue for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

If its anything like the ATN set itll be a cracker. That Sabotage cover is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Always was fond of Hot Chip but saw them live for the first time at ATN, they are incredible fun live!

Jealous!

Tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭budgemook

Any stage times?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

budgemook wrote: »
    Any stage times?

Some dj 7.30-9, hot chip 9-10.45

http://olympia.ie/whats-on/hot-chip/

Sound is terrible

retalivity wrote: »
    Sound is terrible

It picked up after that. Flutes which was 4/5 in was great. Good gig by the band, if a little short.

But my christ, people are assholes. I dont go to many gigs, and have encountered event junkies before, but last night took the cake. 2 lads next to me (was upstairs in the circle) did not stop talking all night, apart from the 5mins or so for 'ready for the floor'. By the encore, they were in discussions with the 3 people in front and the 4 behind, who they didnt know. Talking sh1tr about drugs and how great the gig was, it got to the point where i couldnt bloody hear the band,. Having asked them to shut up, i was met with daggers and threats about my 'fcuking problem' and ruining the buzz. These were guys and girls in their 30s and 40s ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭citycentre

Pity about the sound for the first few songs but they got it sorted in time for Flutes which was truly epic... Melody of Love was my other highlight.

Sorry to hear there was the usual ignorant sh*te from people who should know better / shouldn't bother going to the gig at all. If you want to chat go to the f***in bar.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

2-D0-C4955-FD35-4-DCF-9-D25-D34-E80-BC9655.jpg

(Not sure who the guy in the photo is btw)

Enjoyed the night, lots of annoying random chat & constant trips back & forth to the bar seemingly by everyone standing around me but I still had a good experience overall. I probably need to take more drugs & start drinking alcohol! 😂

Advertisement