Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lufthansa

• 09-10-2019 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭

Drove past Dublin Airport around 12h35. There was a Lufthansa jet taxiing for take off. It wasn’t a 747, but it did have 4 engines. Anyone know what kind of plane it was?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

A340-600

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

A340-600

Every Wednesday for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ldnboy87

A340-300

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

They are operating in service, but there also some in for repaint

• Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭cson

Drove past Dublin Airport around 12h35. There was a Lufthansa jet taxiing for take off. It wasn’t a 747, but it did have 4 engines hairdryers. Anyone know what kind of plane it was?

TIA

FYP :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Rawr

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Flying to FRA next Wednesday and it’s on a A321 :(. Also just noticed my connection is 50 mins :/. At least there’s more connecting flights if I miss mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Rawr wrote: »

His channel is great by the way Paul's worth subbing to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Rawr

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    His channel is great by the way Paul's worth subbing to.

I subscribe to his channel and I love his trip reports. I find him to be one of the much better flight reviewers out there.

Also he's doesn't appear to take Business Class products as a given, and gives these experiences with a perspective of someone who had mostly traveled Economy before his Youtube channel took off. Very easy to relate to what he is saying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Flying to FRA next Wednesday and it’s on a A321 . Also just noticed my connection is 50 mins :/. At least there’s more connecting flights if I miss mine

It is the LH 979 12:10 Dublin to Frankfurt on Wednesdays only that is the A340 300. Still showing for an A340 for the next two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

bikeman1 wrote: »
    It is the LH 979 12:10 Dublin to Frankfurt on Wednesdays only that is the A340 300. Still showing for an A340 for the next two weeks.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but why an A340 at that specific time?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

bikeman1 wrote: »

I’m on the 05:50

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

Apologies if this has been asked before, but why an A340 at that specific time?

I think seats block booked by a German tour operator was the reason mentioned before.

Advertisement