Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ceramic coatings and garages washing your car

• 03-10-2019 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi, with the ever growing popularity of ceramic coatings and the different care your car needs once its done is it ok for main dealers or any garage to wash your car when its in their shop?
    I recently had my Mazda at the Main dealers in Waterford and while in there they washed it and destroyed it in water spots and also whatever cheap ass wash/wax ****e they used is now down on top of the coating attracting every tiny spec of dirt.
    I now have to bring back to detailer to remove wax and fix the water spots.
    However the most shocking part of the whole incident was the level of ignorance at the garage, they had zero knowledge of coatings and care needed and pretty much laughed at me when I said they damaged my car by washing it.
    I know I should have said do not wash but I forgot but still I feel its not ok to wash cars without asking and knowing the correct methods.
    Anyway beware guys .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Hi, with the ever growing popularity of ceramic coatings and the different care your car needs once its done is it ok for main dealers or any garage to wash your car when its in their shop?
    I recently had my Mazda at the Main dealers in Waterford and while in there they washed it and destroyed it in water spots and also whatever cheap ass wash/wax ****e they used is now down on top of the coating attracting every tiny spec of dirt.
    I now have to bring back to detailer to remove wax and fix the water spots.
    However the most shocking part of the whole incident was the level of ignorance at the garage, they had zero knowledge of coatings and care needed and pretty much laughed at me when I said they damaged my car by washing it.
    I know I should have said do not wash but I forgot but still I feel its not ok to wash cars without asking and knowing the correct methods.
    Anyway beware guys .

Eh....lesson learned i hope....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

Only the guys who applied the ceramic coating can give you the definitive answer to this as there are so many different options now and most have different wash routines, some can be fine with everyday wash's and some can need specific products to wash and top up any hydrophobic action they give.

I know couple dealers have hired guys with detail experience and improved products they use but they still have time restraints so still best to always make a note with dealers to not wash the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Advertisement