Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetable Lasagne recipe suggestions pls ...

• 06-10-2019 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭

I ate the most fab veg lasagne in a place called Quills (now closed) in La Hinch
    I tried but failed to get the recipe off them.

Anyway ...

Has anyone any tasty lasagna recipes that dont include using bechamel sauce.

I might post back some ideas I find as an aide de memoir for myself as well

Thanks,

Dooh ..... This post should perhaps be in the Food section not in The Cooking Club. If someone can get a mod to move it thanks ...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved and tag added :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

worded wrote: »
    I ate the most fab veg lasagne in a place called Quills (now closed) in La Hinch
    I tried but failed to get the recipe off them.

Anyway ...

Has anyone any tasty lasagna recipes that dont include using bechamel sauce.

I might post back some ideas I find as an aide de memoir for myself as well

Thanks,

Dooh ..... This post should perhaps be in the Food section not in The Cooking Club. If someone can get a mod to move it thanks ...

I don't know what was in the veggie lasagne in Lahinch, but here's my own favourite recipe:

1 onion, chopped
    3 - 4 cloves or garlic, chopped
    1 bell pepper (your choice of colour), chopped
    1 stalk of celery, chopped
    1 carrot, grated
    2 tins of chopped tomatoes
    0.25ml of red wine
    2 tsp of dried oregano
    1 tsp of dried thyme
    pinch of sugar
    dash of balsamic vinegar
    Olive oil

Optional : 1/2 punnet of mushrooms, chopped and fried
    Quorn mince
    cooked lentils

1 tub of cottage cheese
    200g of grated cheese (ideally a mix of cheddar and mozzarella)
    fresh lasagne sheets

Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.

Take the chopped onion, pepper, garlic, celery and carrot a blitz them in the food processor until they are chopped so finely they're nearly a paste.
    In a large bottom pan, heat up some olive oil, then add the blitzed vegetables. Fry them on medium heat until they're dry and starting to brown a little.
    Add the wine, and cook for 2 - 3 minutes until some of it has evaporated. Add the tomatoes, oregano and thyme and simmer on a low to medium heat for ca 20 minutes, until the sauce thickens. If you want, you can also add some tomato puree to thicken it more.

Add a splash of balsamic an a pinch of sugar, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
    At this point, you can also add mushrooms, Quorn mince or lentils. Or all of these.

To assemble, layer 1/3 of the sauce into your casserole dish, cover with pasta sheets, then cover the pasta with 1/3 of the cottage cheese. Sprinkle with grated cheese, then repeat two more times. Top it all with the leftover cheese, then bake in the oven for ca 20 minutes.

The finely chopped vegetables not only give an amazing flavour, they also add a really nice texture to the dish.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I've made a courgette and ricotta lasagne before and it was really good.

I don't have the recipe unfortunately, but involved grating the courgettes and cooking down (get rid of all the water) and mixing this with ricotta.

Layer with tomato ragu and green lasagne sheets.

Not sure if I have already posted this before...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I usually make a load of ratatouille with peppers, onion, courgette, mushrooms, garlic, a tin of tomatoes and herbs and simmer it for ages before layering with lasagna sheets. I use white sauce but you could replace it with cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I've made a courgette and ricotta lasagne before and it was really good.

I don't have the recipe unfortunately, but involved grating the courgettes and cooking down (get rid of all the water) and mixing this with ricotta.

Layer with tomato ragu and green lasagne sheets.

Not sure if I have already posted this before...

Think it's the bbc good food recipe for creamy courgette lasagne. It's on their website. Delicious and quick!

• Advertisement
Advertisement