Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2019 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭starlady1

Hope everyone is doing well and making it through the last few weeks! We are almost there.

I have been booked in for a planned caesarean section in two weeks time as baby has been in breech position now for eight weeks. An ECV isn't an option due to position it's in. I will have 2 more scans in case it moves in the meantime but that's highly unlikely now.

Terrified but can't wait to meet the baby at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Two weeks! :) oh you will be great try not to think too much about it, easier said than done i know... Are ye kinda hoping maybe he will move? I was looking up the yoga position to entice them to turn but even time i try it i have oil or cream on my feet and i just start slipping haha some say to do it at an angle on the bed but im like right how am i suppose to manage that alone :) the notions people have..

Finally more or less finished getting things organised here have a few bits that we could pass onto someone that we really never used and thats it. Must just sort the changing unit for downstairs..

Due here on the 23rd of Oct, but meeting the consultant next Tues to see is the baby breech or transverse and take things from there..

Oh I do hope it would move would much rather try and have a natural birth but have been told it's highly unlikely at this point! I can imagine that would be difficult alright!

Good luck with your appointment next week. Depending on how things are you might be offered an ECV or given a date to go in too!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

ECV was mentioned to me on weds, not every consultant will do it, there's only one in Limerick, the doctor I saw under that consultant didn't recommend it, the last girl she saw have it done ended up 2 days in hospital getting pain relief after it and baby can turn again after it. I had two really positive quick births but I'll be taking a section over ecv this time but that's probably to do with knowing I have a big baby too! I had what I think was Bowen technique on my last pregnancy when that baby was breech and he turned a few days after it.

oh dear really, god i just didnt think it would be painfull but i suppose maybe.. thanks for the tip-off... Sure well see what they say anywho and take it from there but thanks again for the pre warning might looking into it more... Dont fancy being in pain now, feeling uncomfortable enough without that... What is the Bowen Technique?

You never know Starlady keep positive thoughts it might happen.. i was talking to someone who said their baby was moving until it was born more or less they had to hold the baby in place to stop it turning... And all three were breech to start so might happen..

Went out into town today and herself was fairly stroppy for most of it, or well the parts where she had to go in the buggy. I was just like wow how do you do it with two :)...

Boots have some loverly offers on baby clothes also at the moment for anyone looking.

• Advertisement

Well finally sitting down after a long day out, and well all is well.. Had the meeting with the consultant today or well the doc working with her. So even she could not find the heartbeat yet again so we got to do a scan and turns out the baby is the right way around head down!! Which is great news..

I really hope he does'nt have a big head, she kinda said something i was like noooo but stoped paying attention to comments like this. Especially after the last time when one nurse said to me after a day in labour that i was having a big baby!! Just what you need to hear and she was not... Silly comments

It was great this time as my husband and the little miss got to come in and see the scan, as it is not done in the main scanning area...Nice to see the baby again if only for a few mins. So now tis just wait we could opt for a section on the 18th of Oct or wait until due date, which is the 23rd and then the other section date would be the 25th.. I wish i felt strongly about giving birth one way or the other but I dont so i think we are just going to see what happens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Did you have a section before Milly?Second and subsequent births tend to be quicker.They are all very different.

I did Shesty I had an emergency section with my first (this is no. 2) :) I know it will be completely different this time around if we opt for a section, as in it will be planned and organsied. We wont be going through labour and then have to be told sorry you are going to have a section. Tis just I wish I felt more strongly over one or the other, both are like ahhhh what if something happens down below and it never feels the same again or what if something happens with the section..

Haha we nearly have too many options now if they said nothing and said sure look well see how it goes, id be better. Which i suppose they are really they are just saying we can pick a date if we like...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Well down below recovers very quickly!Yes, it is a personal decision really sure see how you go.Factor in the aftermath of the Csection I suppose, no driving etc, since you have a toddler already.Going from 1 to 2 kids is a bit rough!!!Either way, a safe outcome is all anyone wants I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭anndub

Vaginal is safest when there are no underlying issues. We were designed for it afterall!
    I was able to walk to the shower an hour after my youngest arrived. Much easier than having to buzz a midwife every time you want to pick up babs post section. That said, I was less mobile after my first as it ended up being an instrumental delivery and I was sore for about ten days. At the time I did think a section would have been easier! Grass is always greener!

• Advertisement

Thanks Ladies, yep just going to see how it goes really.. I get the we are built for it, tis just I suppose when you get the list of well this could happen or that, but that can be said for everything.. Not going to do much more digging now and going to play it by air... I know the section is harder on the body after but thank god I have a great husband who will be there for me, not too fussed with the driving and that it isnt important but lifting and cuddling herself will be :)

Just had the most disappointing visit to maybe buy a changing table, the crap people try to sell you, followed by the worst sambo... Darn it im going to have to eat the cake now haha...

Well I suppose I have given birth three times and I have found your body knows exactly what to do.Admittedly mine have been with no epidural,so I was free to move as I needed, and with no interference, which was the ideal. So for me it would always be the first choice to do it that way, but I could understand being a bit nervous about it especially after a C-section.
    You have time yet to think about it anyway.

Thanks Shesty... Yeah tis a bit like your first trip to the Dentist isnt it, if the first one doesnt go to plan then you are always cagey of them...

First time round things were really taken out of our hands really, between the no we dont want the drip after the induction and the way it went from Labour to Section.. So this time tis like right lads what are ye not telling us...

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Milly I did the hypnobirthing course in limerick and one of the things I took away from it was that it’s goid to ask questions about why a specific course of treatment is being recommended for you. The midwife doing it used the BRAIN acronym it’s explained quite well here https://www.aswiftdoula.com/blog/use-your-brain except you’d be asking your doctor these questions.

Obviously if it’s an emergency situation then that is different but if it’s about picking the different options available to you than it might help.

Thanks P&C yeah I think im just like dya know what Ill just leave it to nature whatever happens happens, if nothing happens before the 25th I think for all our sanity we shall book in for the section on the 25th.. Kinda dont like the idea of not having its own birthday and a pre-picked date but that is just being airy fairy in a nice way...

Hope everyone else is doing ok and looking forward to meeting their babies.... I just cant wait to see if it is a boy or girl.. It has been moving around so much lately

It's very hard Milly, knowing that you might be facing a section, I feel like should I be going to the ends of the earth to get this baby to turn or should I just let nature take it's course and if that means an elective section then so be it. I've had two very quick labours after being induced, with just gas and air, first I had a bad tear, second was elective episiotomy which I found more painful recovering than the tear. I haven't had a section but I think I'd gladly take it rather than facebook the possibility of going in to labour and being fully dilated leaving no time for a section and delivery a baby breech!

Oh sending hugs New Farmers Wife! Thats it there is just no yes I would defo like to do it this way or that is the way it sits well.. I have to say with the section and that while it isnt naturally of course, the thoughts are there or well the baby is ready to be born in a way (there are just somethings stopping it) and if this means the baby and me are all good then sure it cant be bad..... I hope the baby turns for you and if not sure maybe a section is best... thanks for words

The back aches are really beginning to start here so looking forward to doing nothing the next few weekends... Before i even start to google the ans, with a breech baby and the waters, if your waters break is that it then that it will be a breech delivery or what do they do?

The baby may turn during labour.You may be able to deliver breech (once they know you are breech that's the key really), depending on position, labour length etc (I imagine).Or they may just take you straight for a csection.If the waters do break or your contractions seem to start becoming regular, go straight in, don't be hanging around.It may make the difference between a calm orderly section vs an emergency one.
    All that being said, I went through a good 3/4 weeks of heavy prelabour on my second and third, before established labour really started, so nothing may come of it!!!

3 to 4 weeks ahhhh!!! Again women are just mighty :) Thanks Shesty was just wondering what would happen..

• Advertisement

Ah it was like strong period pains mainly at night.I didn't mind too much took as a good sign that my body was gearing up to get going by itself.
    I am mostly guessing really in my last post btw, but if I were you that's the way I would be thinking.I would not be hanging around at home anyway.The worse you can do is go in and be sent home, so there's no harm in going in if you are worried.

I was told if labour was too far gone they'd deliver breech! Definitely something I want to avoid. Any sign of labour while breech I'll be ringing the hospital straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I've been bad at keeping up with things these days. Between school and homework and hospital appointments and all the other mundane things we all gotta do every day I'm tired and drained non stop..
    Had another bad kidney infection and hoping with only 2 and half weeks essentially to go that I'm done getting them now.
    Baby boy decided to turn sideways for few weeks but thankfully head down now.
    Hes definitely big and the pelvis is feeling it big time. But the end is near now.
    Centre parcs was lovely there really is lots there but so many friends work there so it's not like a holiday place for me. That said I'm going there in november with the 3 kids (still cant believe 3) for the xmas adventure thing they put on and see santy so I'm looking forward to that big time now.

Let's hope this is a quick month for us all and babes get here easy and safe

sorry was deleting text everytime so gave up on a full reply.. Thanks Shesty again, i suppose the body is getting ready for it well before we even notice... Sounds so long though haha.. Yeah no there will be no arsing around now, if the waters go or when the contractions get closer we will move. Lucky the Hospital is only 20ish mins away from us.. Think we have pretty much called it as of today, saying if the little chap isnt here by the 25th we will opt for the section. I hate kinda taking the date but at the same time, if it gets any heavier i dont think ill be able to walk around..

Synster I hope you are getting time to relax, i honestly ( i know i keep saying it) but just think ye are epic for being pregnant with kids.. it is so hard..I could sleep all day here, thank god the little miss likes to chill out and i can snooze while she watches Geogre.. I feel bad for doing it as it is a habit i do not want to get her in, but for now...

Glad to hear Centre parcs was good, haha so more like going to visit friends that actually a proper holiday for you :)... We were thinking the same of heading end of Nov or Dec. So handy that you can bring animals (not that i want to) but the dog will have to come...When is your due date again...

I was told if labour was too far gone they'd deliver breech! Definitely something I want to avoid. Any sign of labour while breech I'll be ringing the hospital straight away.

Thats maybe what the doc was getting at the other day. She said something like well if the waters break we wont be doing this, but sure forgot to follow up on it... Do you have a app this week to check has their been movement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I'm due the 27th so hes gotta be here by the second week in November. He'll be a little thing when we go there but it 7 mins drive and can leave at any point then. Kids will love it and daddy will be carrying baby so its going to be easier for me.

Had check up today and baby is reading 2 weeks ahead. Hes big like daddy

wow. running ahead of time haha first time for a man.. Sorry hope that doesnt offend but it is funny how the girls are still that bit ahead of the boys even when kids... And he is still head down I hope!

Such a feeling ours is a boy now it seems to be boy season...That is very handy that it is so close to ye, happy days and with daddy carrying baby you will feel so much lighter! It will be heaven..

We were only talking saying nope 2 is enough and I am in complete agreement and then I thought ohhhh ill never feel like this again, kinda see why you go again but then I look at my legs and rethink...

Give yourself a good few months with two and then make that decision Milly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I’ve had an easy pregnancy considering and I’m seriously considering one and done!

• Advertisement

So went for a routine scan a week ago-there was reduced fluid around baby and baby still in breech. Consultant not happy and told me I was being admitted immediately. Baby was delivered by caesarean section the following day! Still can't believe how quickly it all happened, I am still taking it in! I wasn't booked in for a caesarean due to the breech position for another week and a half.

Stil in a good bit of pain following section but that's to be expected. Best of luck ladies to all another few weeks and everyone will have their babies all going well!!

Advertisement