Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

revolut proof of identity ?.

• 07-10-2019 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭

hi just signed up to revolut and deposited 10 euro to get the revolut card,but I have no way of proving my identity as I have no license or passport.
    I have tried my pps card but its not being accepted as proof of identity,any other way I can prove my identity ?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,385 ✭✭✭✭listermint

bassy wrote: »
    hi just signed up to revolut and deposited 10 euro to get the revolut card,but I have no way of proving my identity as I have no license or passport.
    I have tried my pps card but its not being accepted as proof of identity,any other way I can prove my identity ?.

Nope.

Would suggest you get either formal identification. Passport most likely. Everyone should have a passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭bassy

listermint wrote: »
    Nope.

Would suggest you get either formal identification. Passport most likely. Everyone should have a passport.

no point in paying 80 euro for a passport I will never use,may I ask whats formal id ?.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

I think a national identity card should work. Revolut says 'government issued photo id'

tedpan wrote: »
    I think a national identity card should work. Revolut says 'government issued photo id'

hi tedpan is a national identity card not a pps card?,i have tried the pps card with my pic and name on it.but there not accepting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

hi tedpan is a national identity card not a pps card?,i have tried the pps card with my pic and name on it.but there not accepting it.

A PPS card is not a form of identification, its stupid but that's the rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

They will only accept a passport in Ireland. Why won’t you get one ? Have you ever been abroad on a holiday ???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I think they only accept passports for ireland. I tried to use my drivers license and it still prompted me for passport. Only did it a couple of months ago.

We dont have a national I'd card.

the were well able to accept the 10 euros I transferred from my bank account to revolut account to apply for the revolut card.now seems I cannot transfer back the 10 euros from my revolut account to my bank acc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Contact them for a refund, if its not going to happen without your account being verified.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

bassy wrote:
    the were well able to accept the 10 euros I transferred from my bank account to revolut account to apply for the revolut card.now seems I cannot transfer back the 10 euros from my revolut account to my bank acc.

That's disappointing mate. Hope you get sorted

• Advertisement

there a disaster to try to contact,there chat app is a automated set up.the have no email for contact.

Contact them for a refund, if its not going to happen without your account being verified.

whats the best way to contact them?,the have no email contact.
    there chat in the revolut app is automated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Jacovs

I had similar issue. They didnt accept my passport, drivers license or GNIB card. No other ID I can possibly use. Asked for the account to be closed and €10 refunded but never saw the €10 yet and its been 2 months.

Cant transfer funds without verifying ID so couldnt get the €10 back myself.
    Cant access the in-app chat without verifying ID.

Nightmare to deal with if everything doesnt go 100% right.

Could you not do a charge back then?

ye a joke of a set up in regards to customer support its zero support...…………………………………..

Jacovs wrote: »
    I had similar issue. They didnt accept my passport, drivers license or GNIB card. No other ID I can possibly use. Asked for the account to be closed and €10 refunded but never saw the €10 yet and its been 2 months.

Cant transfer funds without verifying ID so couldnt get the €10 back myself.
    Cant access the in-app chat without verifying ID.

Nightmare to deal with if everything doesnt go 100% right.

just been chatting to a rep on revolut app the customer support and its passport only accepted so I requested for them to transfer my 10 euro back to my bank acc and its being processed now,can take up to 5 days to have it back,where as when I lodged it the took it straight away lol.

im gonna delete my revolut app and do one up in my mums name as she has a passport,so that's how im gonna operate the revolut now.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Sorry to barge in on this thread, but it is relevant to the thread title. I've had my Revolut for years, KYC (passport) done at the start.

Now in recent weeks they keep bugging me about having to do KYC again? I think they might have changed headquarters to a different country or something like that? What happens if I don't bother doing this KYC stuff again? I feel I shouldn't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Qrt

there a disaster to try to contact,there chat app is a automated set up.the have no email for contact.

If you ask the automated chat “I need to talk to a person” you’ll get a real person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

WTF? Who hasn't got a passport these days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

unkel wrote: »
    Sorry to barge in on this thread, but it is relevant to the thread title. I've had my Revolut for years, KYC (passport) done at the start.

Now in recent weeks they keep bugging me about having to do KYC again? I think they might have changed headquarters to a different country or something like that? What happens if I don't bother doing this KYC stuff again? I feel I shouldn't have to.

Yeah, I had to do it again also. Don't quote me on this but I think it's to do with Brexit. As they're London based - once the UK leaves, then new KYC needed in the european context ...i think that's the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I had good help from them via Twitter. Give then a shout there.

www.twitter.com/RevolutApp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

What would be the benefit of a revolut card If You never travel? Having no passport I assume that, that is the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭Fian

Although they are not a bank they are regulated. Tbh if they feel that they are obliged to renew KYC checks in order to comply with anti money laundering regulations they are not going to be flexible - they will need you to do it or they will close the account. No financial service provider is going to continue to provide services if they feel they are in breach of anti money-laundering KYC obligations. Bear in mind we are on 5th AML directive in recent years, not to mention that they may well have transferred to a non-uk eu based institution for brexit reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

What would be the benefit of a revolut card If You never travel? Having no passport I assume that, that is the case?

Pay in sterling on Amazon and other stores. Disposable virtual visa cards. Works with Google/Apple pay. I use mine all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I've had a bunch of problems but eventually got verified. Then brecit came and they needed me to verify again. Then in the last few weeks they decided a driving licence wasn't okay and i'd to do it all again with a passport.

Main issue glare. Found putting it on a place with no overhead light worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Torsevt

Will they accept an expired passport

I'm with them a long time but I'm getting daily messages looking for new ID

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭el diablo

I'm also getting bombarded with messages asking me to submit another form of ID. Been ignoring them for many months and my account still works. So is it true they won't accept Irish driving licences as a form of ID?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    I'm also getting bombarded with messages asking me to submit another form of ID. Been ignoring them for many months and my account still works. So is it true they won't accept Irish driving licences as a form of ID?

passport only as far as im aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭el diablo

passport only as far as im aware.

Hmm ok, I've already uploaded my Irish passport.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement

el diablo wrote: »
    Hmm ok, I've already uploaded my Irish passport.

should be all good in seconds so,as I opened a account with my mums details this evening and within seconds of adding her passport it was verified.

Advertisement