Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Maingau

• 24-06-2019 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Tried my trip from Cork to my parents in the midlands. It says I can do it in 2:47, including a 2 minute charge at the Ionity chargers in Cashel. €8 for 2 minutes :rolleyes:

Must tweak the consumption, because it also says from 100% i'd not need to stop at all (222km, arriving with 10% left) and my range has never shown more than 210km.
    The "next charger" option is nice though.

Why are you paying per charge ? Just get an account with Maingau (They'll also send you an RFID Card for free but you can also just use the APP) and you'll only pay 40 cent per kilowatt with Ionity (25 cents + 15 cent for Ireland)

https://www.maingau-energie.de/e-mobilit%C3%A4t/autostrom-tarif

483474.PNG

I only ever use the Ionity chargers to get me home or to a free charger anyways :D

I don't know anyone that pays that crazy 8 euros / charge here in Germany or Abroad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

redcup342 wrote: »

What you save in charging you would spend on Rosetta Stone German Language courses to understand the T&C's.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

krissovo wrote: »
    What you save in charging you would spend on Rosetta Stone German Language courses to understand the T&C's.;)

It's pretty well known, I'm surprised you guys aren't using it, the Dutch/Belgian EV Groups and people in the UK copped on to it around a year ago since the DC Charging is a relative bargain for them.

The Normal Customer price is valid for people that don't get their home power from Maingau

483478.PNG

You just download the app, enter your Debit card details and work from there.

I can see that charger in Cashel anyways, it's the same operator as here has.to.be gmbh)

483479.PNG

483480.PNG

The App is in English, so I don't have any issues

Edit:

Here's a direct link to the app for

Android:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.chargecloud.maingau&hl=en

iOS:
    https://apps.apple.com/ie/app/einfachstromladen/id1295684159

• Registered Users Posts: 64,547 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Just get an account with Maingau (They'll also send you an RFID Card for free but you can also just use the APP) and you'll only pay 40 cent per kilowatt with Ionity

Might look into that once there are more Ionity stations open. For the moment, should anyone with Ioniq from Dublin area hit Cashel, their tank would be well empty, you'd need well over 20kWh, so Ionity fixed rate of €8 is cheaper :D

unkel wrote: »
    Might look into that once there are more Ionity stations open. For the moment, should anyone with Ioniq from Dublin area hit Cashel, their tank would be well empty, you'd need well over 20kWh, so Ionity fixed rate of €8 is cheaper :D

For sure and that is indeed the case when I'm taking something with a larger battery but it's nice to have an option and the Maingau option is free to have, whereas if you don't have it you are stuck only with the 8 euro option.

Sometimes I only want a 5-10 minute top up when the missus pops in for a pee.

• Moderators Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Why are you paying per charge ? Just get an account with Maingau (They'll also send you an RFID Card for free but you can also just use the APP) and you'll only pay 40 cent per kilowatt with Ionity (25 cents + 15 cent for Ireland)

https://www.maingau-energie.de/e-mobilit%C3%A4t/autostrom-tarif

483474.PNG

I only ever use the Ionity chargers to get me home or to a free charger anyways :D

I don't know anyone that pays that crazy 8 euros / charge here in Germany or Abroad.
    Never knew this existed! The free charger is right beside the ionity one, though i'm am curious to use the ionity ones some day. €8 was too much, pay by usage is grand though.

• Advertisement

It's pretty well known, I'm surprised you guys aren't using it, the Dutch/Belgian EV Groups and people in the UK copped on to it around a year ago since the DC Charging is a relative bargain for them.

The Normal Customer price is valid for people that don't get their home power from Maingau

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=483478&stc=1&d=1561386655

You just download the app, enter your Debit card details and work from there.

I can see that charger in Cashel anyways, it's the same operator as here has.to.be gmbh)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=483479&stc=1&d=1561386936[/IMG]

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=483480&stc=1&d=1561386947[/IMG]

The App is in English, so I don't have any issues

Edit:

Here's a direct link to the app for

Android:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.chargecloud.maingau&hl=en

iOS:
    https://apps.apple.com/ie/app/einfachstromladen/id1295684159

Debit card, or bank details? All I can see is a place to enter my IBAN and BIC. Nothing sketchy about that, Germans love using bank transfers rather than cards. Tis cheaper.

Debit card, or bank details? All I can see is a place to enter my IBAN and BIC. Nothing sketchy about that, Germans love using bank transfers rather than cards. Tis cheaper.

Not 100% sure now, I'm pretty sure I used my Mastercard debit card. :)

You are right though, IBAN is totally normal in Germany.

My mate uses Maingau and he singed up with his Dutch IBAN, had some issues and he dropped them an email and they manually added it.

I had no problems at all though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Just a couple of questions on the Maingau card/app seeing as there is no sticky for all these.

Is it the EinfachStromLaden app ??

And do you register on the website https://anmeldung.einfachstromladen.de/ ??

Yes & yes

The process of signing up and adding a payment method can be quite messy. But their technical support is decent to deal with.

EinfachStromLaden means easy charging :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,217 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes & yes

The process of signing up and adding a payment method can be quite messy. But their technical support is decent to deal with.

Einfachstromladen aber nicht einfachzahlungswahl!

I tried setting up an account but couldnt get it to work.
    I will try again once my EV is delivered, I had the same problem with Easygo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

ELM327 wrote: »

It takes a few times to get it set up. Postcode seems to be the problem. I tried and failed, left it for a while and tried again and it worked.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

This all sounds waaaaaaay too complicated, all this flapping around with cards and currency and foreign language, that would be near impossible for an elderly person to navigate versus pulling into any fuel station and filling up with petrol/diesel paying at the counter and leaving.

slave1 wrote: »
    This all sounds waaaaaaay too complicated, all this flapping around with cards and currency and foreign language, that would be near impossible for an elderly person to navigate versus pulling into any fuel station and filling up with petrol/diesel paying at the counter and leaving.
    It's not complicated at all, it's just a bit more work if you want to save some money. 
    I could get away with using just one card but would end up paying more. 
    E.G. I stopped at an Ionity Charger and wanted to load 60-70kWh, Maingau doesn't make any sense so it's way cheaper to just pay the flat 8 euros. 

You can get away with using one card like Plugsurfing, Chargemap, Chargenow, whichever but you will pay more money is all. 

Just be thankful it's possible to shop around at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

eddhorse wrote: »
    Just a couple of questions on the Maingau card/app seeing as there is no sticky for all these.

Is it the EinfachStromLaden app ??

And do you register on the website https://anmeldung.einfachstromladen.de/ ??
    Yes & yes

ELM327 wrote: »

I contacted Maingau about not being able to add a payment method, and they said they'd do it manually for me, so I sent them my bank details via email. It still doesn't appear in the app or on the website (I get "no payment method can be deposited for your account").

What do you reckon from your experiences, will the card still work, and they sort out any billing issues at the end of the month, or will it just not work until I have a payment method listed?

You need the payment method listed (or pay with PayPal)

Get back onto their tech support

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I still haven't been charged for mine yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

fricatus wrote: »
    I contacted Maingau about not being able to add a payment method, and they said they'd do it manually for me, so I sent them my bank details via email. It still doesn't appear in the app or on the website (I get "no payment method can be deposited for your account").

What do you reckon from your experiences, will the card still work, and they sort out any billing issues at the end of the month, or will it just not work until I have a payment method listed?

I have the same issue, have contacted them 3 times, one to give them the IBAN and two after that to check what was going on, still nothing... This was requested over a month ago

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭pobber1

jarrieta wrote: »
    I have the same issue, have contacted them 3 times, one to give them the IBAN and two after that to check what was going on, still nothing... This was requested over a month ago

Same experience here, they tell me they will add it but nothing showing in the app.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mod Note: Centralising the Maingau discussion, as it pops up a lot lately

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I still haven't been charged for mine yet!!!

You'll be charged at the end of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

liamog wrote: »
    Mod Note: Centralising the Maingau discussion, as it pops up a lot lately

I was thinking that maybe a subforum with all the charging cards/providers might be useful. Thanks for splitting this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Do they send out cards if you sign up to the app?
    If not how exactly does the app work with the Charger?

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Do they send out cards if you sign up to the app?
    If not how exactly does the app work with the Charger?

They'll send you a fob in the post a few days after you sign up.

You can also use it straight away by choosing the charging in the app and beginning the charging session after you've plugged the cable into the car :)

Or you can also scan the QR Code in the app to identify the charger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,001 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I had incredible problems fixing my address on the website, it was brualised in the usual German website way to the point where I doubt the fob ever reached me (I couldn't even change the country to Ireland).

Managed to fix it in the app.

Adding payment method was easy with the IBAN and BIC of my AIB account, though I guess I won't know if it works until they try to take payment. Is that it now? Do they do a test transaction?

Also, is there any point ordering a fob if you have the app?

Lumen wrote: »
    I had incredible problems fixing my address on the website, it was brualised in the usual German website way to the point where I doubt the fob ever reached me (I couldn't even change the country to Ireland).

Managed to fix it in the app.

Adding payment method was easy with the IBAN and BIC of my AIB account, though I guess I won't know if it works until they try to take payment. Is that it now? Do they do a test transaction?

Also, is there any point ordering a fob if you have the app?

Always good to have the Card/Fob as a backup. If the charger is offline for some reason it'll still start the charging session and then they'll update the session once it comes back online later.

Also if your phone is having issues for example (No signal, App won't load, Dead battery)

I've had to use a card countless times here on the continent.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

I've just tried to register and it's not accepting my post code, I tried an NI one and a German one and no dice.

The box can't be left blank either.

I have the same on the app or the web page.

Did others see this when they signed up?

Ta!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

EVGuy wrote: »
    I've just tried to register and it's not accepting my post code, I tried an NI one and a German one and no dice.

The box can't be left blank either.

I have the same on the app or the web page.

Did others see this when they signed up?

Ta!

It accepted my eircode y'day, although I read somewhere that you needed to put the space in it, maybe you have to do the same for the NI one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭JohnC.

It accepted my Eircode too. Weirdly, it seemed to want it in slightly different formats if I was registering by app or website. Can’t recall which was which, but one wanted xxx xxxx and the other xxxx xxx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

JohnC. wrote: »
    It accepted my Eircode too. Weirdly, it seemed to want it in slightly different formats if I was registering by app or website. Can’t recall which was which, but one wanted xxx xxxx and the other xxxx xxx.

Was xxx xxxx for me a few weeks ago. Card arrived in the post last week.

Advertisement