Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Classic Number Plates.

• 04-10-2019 11:40am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've just changed the tacky number plates on a beetle I just bought.

I have gone for the standard black background, and raised numbers and letters.

Are there any regs in place regarding the requirements of plates for a classic.

Thanks
    kadman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

If there is, I've never heard of it being enforced. I've driven on US style plates, red plates, silver on black...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

If there is, I've never heard of it being enforced. I've driven on US style plates, red plates, silver on black...

Nice one , just what I wanted to hear.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

You might want to be wary if there's an NCT involved.
    I had a run in years back with a tester about fonts.

No NCT? The world's your oyster!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

my latest purchase is a 78 and it has black and silver on the front and red and black on the back. If I were to make a change would I go for white on the front to match the red or black on the back to match the front? (Probably leave it as it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭w124man

The number plate regs didnt really kick in until 1991 with the Euro plates. 1987 to end of 1990 are just white with black letters. Before that it was white at the front and red on the rear from, I think, about 1970 onwards

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

kadman wrote: »
    Are there any regs in place regarding the requirements of plates for a classic.

Yes, the 1982 regs https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showpost.php?p=110582657&postcount=22. Not that (m)any bother.

Advertisement