Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Forest gift voucher.

• 03-10-2019 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Any New Forest members on here? I have a New Forest voucher for €70 that I won in an open comp during the summer and I’m not going to get a chance to spend down there anytime soon. It expires Dec 31.

Would anyone here like it for €50 to add to their account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Getting green fees for the course you manage to win a prize on is just wrong in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Getting green fees for the course you manage to win a prize on is just wrong in my book.

Who said it was a green fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

I agree. A GUI voucher for a lesser amount would have been much more appreciated.
    Seve OB wrote: »
    Who said it was a green fee?
    There isn’t much else to spend it on down there unfortunately. A member can use it for competition fees or buy balls in the pro shop as well obviously. Not much use to me as a non member and the course is over an hour away.

So, any takers or will I just drive down and buy a few boxes or balls?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

davegilly wrote: »
    I agree. A GUI voucher for a lesser amount would have been much more appreciated.

There isn’t much else to spend it on down there unfortunately. A member can use it for competition fees or buy balls in the pro shop as well obviously. Not much use to me as a non member and the course is over an hour away.

So, any takers or will I just drive down and buy a few boxes or balls?
    I have one for 100 fro winning there last week. I will drive down and get balls at some stage. We can just do one run whoever goes first if you want?

Is there no decent clobber or anything in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

So it's easy to win opens in new forest ? Might give a try myself :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

RoadRunner wrote: »
    So it's easy to win opens in new forest ? Might give a try myself :pac:

No problem to you. I also had a win there this year :D. Wasnt an open though, was a club swap for my own place.

Seems to play difficult enough for visitors. CSS of 75 (par 72) on the day.

eoghan104 wrote: »
    I have one for 100 fro winning there last week. I will drive down and get balls at some stage. We can just do one run whoever goes first if you want?

Spent voucher there today. My own place usually has an open on a Friday but was closed due to the weather so I drove down and played in their open today. Voucher covered comp fees, box of balls, Taylor Made cap and a bag of tees :) Scored a brutal 22 points :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

It's a bit of a hidden gem I thought. Very nice layout will defo play again.

eoghan104 wrote: »
    It's a bit of a hidden gem I thought. Very nice layout will defo play again.
    Yea, it's a fabulous course with some beautiful holes. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Unknownability

davegilly wrote: »
    Yea, it's a fabulous course with some beautiful holes. Highly recommended.

I love the Par 3 nineth, that's in the old walled garden.

• Advertisement
Advertisement