Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for swimming instructor

Options
  • 12-09-2019 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

I am based in Galway and want to learn swimming. Any leads would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭canireally

Kingfisher and nrg both do classes for beginners, also the maldon in oranmore does 1 on 1 classes but they are more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Ocean fitness in the Salthill hotel used to do 1 to 1 lessons- worth asking if they still do.
    NRG fitness in the clybaun hotel also do adult lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 t.singh1

Thank You. I wlll go and check out at Kingfisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭spud65

I have started looking into 1to1 swimming classes, Seems €25 is the average rate for 30min classes booked in a group 5/6 classes, most are booked out, 1 pool has a waiting list of 60 just for adults :eek: still waiting for a couple of places to get back to me. didn't bother with the kingfisher renmore, always looks soo busy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 t.singh1

Update: I joined Kingfisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭topcat77

I'd definitely go for a group class, it's so much more fun with a group of people in the same boat as you.

I hadn't swam since school and wanted to start doing triathlons. i did a swim class in NRG (2009) just to avoid starting back and picking up bad habits. i had a ball of a time. Just make sure you practice what you learnt in the class (2 sessions minimum).

Problem is which a friend of mine encountered is that the term beginner is very loose. She never learned to swim at all and was a bit afraid of water too, went to a “beginners” swim class in her mid 20’s and half them could swim whereas she was afraid to get into water above chest height. Class veered towards those who could swim a bit, she got another fright in the water and is now even more fearful and really doesn’t want to go near water.

I think a one on one would be much better for a real beginner.

Advertisement