Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the marquee cork

• 01-10-2019 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Will there be gigs in 2020 at live at the marquee Cork or have they lost the location now for development? Such a loss with the joke of the ongoing saga of events center.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭fafy

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    Will there be gigs in 2020 at live at the marquee Cork or have they lost the location now for development? Such a loss with the joke of the ongoing saga of events center.

Site was sold last year i understand, but nothing happening so far development wise.

Went under the radar, but a friend sent me a Christy Moore email, which was for some gig presales, and it listed his Marquee appearance for June 27th, but tickets have not gone onsale yet.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/hbv3p3

The Marquee has been very poor in the last few years, but thankfully rival promoter MCD are offering an alternative at Irish independant Park, which has a capacity of more than double the Marquee, 12,000 approx, they had 6 gigs there this year, and have announced the first of what i hope will be a few gigs there. Potential, for better acts at this venue due to the higher capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

Lewis Capaldi slated for II Park in June. No others announced for there yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Shame.
    I traveled down from Dublin to see ZZ Top (2013 & 2015) and Neil Young (2014).
    Really enjoyed those trips.

While the current site won’t be available after next year, thats not to say Aikens won’t use an alternative site, though, it will be difficult to get one so close to the city centre.

• Advertisement
Advertisement