Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

System of a Down European Tour 2020

• 30-09-2019 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Just seen on FB they have announced some dates for June in the likes of Budapest and Berlin among others. I know they are playing Download too so I'm not overly hopeful of them playing over here. Where do people buy tickets for European gigs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just seen on FB they have announced some dates for June in the likes of Budapest and Berlin among others. I know they are playing Download too so I'm not overly hopeful of them playing over here. Where do people buy tickets for European gigs?

Tickets.de will have the Berlin show anyway, it's where I got the pearl jam ones for that venue.

It's also probably the best venue I've ever been in, nice sloping walk through a forest to the back of huge amphitheatre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

I'm trying to buy a ticket through Ticketmaster.de but cannot figure out how to apply the e-ticket option as otherwise I'm gonna have to pay €35 postage costs, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Mushy wrote: »
    Tickets.de will have the Berlin show anyway, it's where I got the pearl jam ones for that venue.

It's also probably the best venue I've ever been in, nice sloping walk through a forest to the back of huge amphitheatre

Yeah I was there too, great show, and a lot less painful than Irish gigs. Crowd was great too.

I ended up paying the €35 postage costs, as painful as that was. For those that were there for PJ, is the venue easily accessible? Any recommendations for accommodation, its just myself going so cheap and cheerful is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I'm going to go see them at Nova Rock in Austria. If anyone is considering a festival next year, it's a really good one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I ended up paying the €35 postage costs, as painful as that was. For those that were there for PJ, is the venue easily accessible? Any recommendations for accommodation, its just myself going so cheap and cheerful is grand.

There's a train straight to olympiastadion, and another stop after both of which suits venue. Coming back I got bus into city. It's such an easy city to get around that accommodation anywhere will be fine, but probably preferable to stay in west of city.

Stayed in the Leonardo Hotel in Mitte, right across from station that goes to gig so very handy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I am seeing them at Download Festival, I bet I will be the only metal guy in the field, ful of hipsters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I am seeing them at Download Festival, I bet I will be the only metal guy in the field, ful of hipsters

Maybe you'll be a hipster in a field of hipsters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I really hope SOAD play over here.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Maybe you should go to a "real metal festival" then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Maybe you should go to a "real metal festival" then.

Exactly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I am seeing them at Download Festival,I bet I will be the only metal guy in the field, ful of hipsters

tin_man.jpg

I'm curious, what exactly makes you a metal guy?

I'm 40, have been listening to rock and metal for 30 years or more but I dont look like a typical "metal guy", I dont have long hair, tattoos or piercings, the only way people would identify me as a metal fan would be if I happened to be wearing a band tshirt.

I brought my 14 year old nephew to Metallica during the summer. It was his first concert and he was wearing a ride the lightning tshirt. Is he a hipster?

One could say that download is very commercial and almost hipstery yet you are attending it.

I'd love to know what makes you non hipster in a field of hipsters at a hipster festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I'm curious, what exactly makes you a metal guy?

I'm 40, have been listening to rock and metal for 30 years or more but I dont look like a typical "metal guy", I dont have long hair, tattoos or piercings, the only way people would identify me as a metal fan would be if I happened to be wearing a band tshirt.

I brought my 14 year old nephew to Metallica during the summer. It was his first concert and he was wearing a ride the lightning tshirt. Is he a hipster?

One could say that download is very commercial and almost hipstery yet you are attending it.

I'd love to know what makes you non hipster in a field of hipsters at a hipster festival.

What's your definition of hipster?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

So these hipster lads spend over 200 pound sterling on a ticket to a rock and metal festival because they don't in fact like the music at all but them the costs a hipster must pay in order to maintain the hipster sham??

Might see you there Jurgen ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

you know the term "hipster" has lost all meaning when someone describes the crowd at Download using it.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

you know the term "hipster" has lost all meaning when someone describes the crowd at Download using it.

tenor.gif

I wouldn't read too much into it, the user in question seems to hate everything - even now musical festivals that he himself is going to - judging by past contributions to threads.

Advertisement