Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Perazzi valuation (MOD NOTE - NOT A FOR SALE THREAD)

• 30-09-2019 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi. Anyone know the best place to get a Perazzi mx8 valued? I have one but it’s an older model thinking of changing it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Blue Book of Gun Values online.
    Pretty much the Bible for deciding a value of a gun like that.It's a subcsription website,but well worth paying the quartlery fee for a proper valueation that is accepted internationally.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Theusual1

Thanks Grizzly 45, just checked Perazzi isn’t on the site, thanks anyway didn’t know about the site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

what year is it? nickle or blued action?barrel length etc. trap game or sporter.

i have 2 of them and can give you enough info that you wont be robbed.

also derek burnett is i think the perazzi dealer/importer he might be best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Make sure if selling it that it is still on face.
    I would say 80% of the second-hand guns ive seen in dealers rooms were well off face which is an accident waiting to happen.
    The simplest method is to remove the forend, grasp the actual action not the stock hold it so one side of the action left or right it dosent matter and both barrels are facing you and then give it a gentle shake if you feel any sort of minute wiggle its off face, you can also see by how far the lever is to centre but this is not always an accurate representation as the lever can at times be close to centre and still have plenty of engagment on the bolt etc.. You can also check with a feeler gauge.
    A list if things i would look at when valuing a gun would be this

Is the gun on face?

Are the solder joints all still properly joined ( you do this by holding the lump and tapping the ribs with a piece of copper/brass etc if they ring like a bell the whole way down then its fine, if there is a thud anywhere the barrels need to be resoldered. Which is a big job and should only be completed by somone who really knows what they are doing.

The inner condition of the bore and a measurement of the wall thickness.
    Then i would look at things like the grade of wood,
    hairline cracks in the stock,
    the overall condition of the wood and of course metal etc.
    The overall condition of the bluing,
    ejector timing
    if the barrels are loose due to forend wear etc.

If i were you id simply bring it to any dealer that has something you want to trade it in against and see what they say because most of them are only going to look at it and give you a price based on how it looks aesthetically rather than from an actual wear/safety aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

On the uk gun trader website they go from about €3k to €5k depending on condition if if that’s anything to go by.

• Advertisement
Advertisement