Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Road rage - an apology

Options
  • 30-09-2019 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

I want to apologise to the motorcyclist I had a road rage incident with on Saturday 28th September.

I was in the car on Baggot street at about 11:45am. I was maneuvering around a car (I did check my mirror and shoulder but didn't see the bike until the last second).

The bike was a Harley (I think) had saddle bags on and the rider looked to be 40's/50's. He had a modular helmet on. He was wearing full leathers

I want to apologies for my actions. I should have known better (especially when it comes to bikers). Regardless of what had happened immediately before the incident my actions/reactions were wrong.

If the biker is on here or if someone knows him please direct him to this post.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

jim salter wrote: »
    I want to apologise to the motorcyclist I had a road rage incident with on Saturday 28th September.

I was in the car on Baggot street at about 11:45am. I was maneuvering around a car (I did check my mirror and shoulder but didn't see the bike until the last second).

The bike was a Harley (I think) had saddle bags on and the rider looked to be 40's/50's. He had a modular helmet on. He was wearing full leathers

I want to apologies for my actions. I should have known better (especially when it comes to bikers). Regardless of what had happened immediately before the incident my actions/reactions were wrong.

If the biker is on here or if someone knows him please direct him to this post.

Thank you.
    What did you do

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

Just like to say fair play for apologising.
    It shows a depth of character.

(I've no knowledge of the incident)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

What did you do

He shot him.......:D

Just kiddin...fair play,,,,probably worried about revenge from other gang members...joking...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

He shot him.......:D

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

What did you do?

Apology is a bit empty if you aren't willing to own your actions IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Mango Joe wrote: »
    What did you do?

He knows his actions and so does the other party.

This isn't confession.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    He knows his actions and so does the other party.

This isn't confession.

Spoken like a true Padré!

Mango Joe wrote: »
    What did you do?

Just passing through.?...:rolleyes:....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Seeing as we're on the subject. I entered a roundabout last evening and this knob in a red Suv came flying along flashing and hooting me. I did perhaps enter a tad too early but if he had been doing a normal speed he had no problem. Anyway he exited at the next exit before we got to exchange pleasentries. Like the OP I don't know if you are on boards but hopefully you are and I just want to say that you are lucky you exited when you did!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Seeing as we're on the subject. I entered a roundabout last evening and this knob in a red Suv came flying along flashing and hooting me. I did perhaps enter a tad too early but if he had been doing a normal speed he had no problem. Anyway he exited at the next exit before we got to exchange pleasentries. Like the OP I don't know if you are on boards but hopefully you are and I just want to say that you are lucky you exited when you did!

Now THAT's what I call a heartfelt apology :pac::pac::pac::pac::D

• Advertisement

mmmm.....could have been a major problem for you, financially AND physically for you tho...just sayin...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I took some sweets from a shop when I was 8 . If the shop keeper is on here I'm really really sorry. It keeps me up most nights. :(

D3V!L wrote: »
    I took some sweats from a shop when I was 8 . If the shop keeper is on here I'm really really sorry. It keeps me up most nights. :(

They must have been "night-sweats" then.............are you a lady........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

They must have been "night-sweats" then.............are you a lady........:D

Bloody spell check !!

Yes I'm a closet lesbian.

D3V!L wrote: »
    Bloody spell check !!

Yes I'm a closet lesbian.

"COME OUT COME OUT WHOEVER YOU ARE
    "................:D

Advertisement