Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options
1707172737476»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Hamnavoe17 wrote: »
    Probably the topic for a new thread but whilst understanding the need to slow traffic entering, My thoughts on roundabouts is that the exits should be less sharp to allow smoother flow, Other hazards permitting of course.

The reason they are sharp is to slow people down for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

Imagine...... :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Had a close one yesterday on that road from ballydawmore to the oulart road, a car coming in the opposite direction on my side I had to repeatedly flash my lights and keep blowing until he finally copped on it wasn't dual carriageway, bloody scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Had a close one yesterday on that road from ballydawmore to the oulart road, a car coming in the opposite direction on my side I had to repeatedly flash my lights and keep blowing until he finally copped on it wasn't dual carriageway, bloody scary.

Exact same thing happened to me , I tried to email the transport infrastructure Ireland but their server was down .

On another note , Ferns and Camolin businesses seem to be holding up better than expected after an initial drop , according to staff in the Courtyard pub and the circle k in camolin. , old road was unbelievably busy on Sunday afternoon wherever everybody was going , beats me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,408 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Sunday is and was nearly the busiest day of the week for the N11.

Where everyone is going I have no clue either. Daytrippers, shopping or something.

• Advertisement

Bigus wrote: »
    Exact same thing happened to me , I tried to email the transport infrastructure Ireland but their server was down .

On another note , Ferns and Camolin businesses seem to be holding up better than expected after an initial drop , according to staff in the Courtyard pub and the circle k in camolin. , old road was unbelievably busy on Sunday afternoon wherever everybody was going , beats me.

There's going to be a serious accident on that road especially when the dark evenings come in. The signage is practically non existent I'd be very reluctant to drive it again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Drove the bypass with my mother recently. Didn't appreciate how long it is, seemed to go on for ever! Wonderful piece of work.
    The part where a parallel service road between junctions runs alongside the motorway looks really cool.
    Only bit I thought was awkward was the join to the old section at Clough, the road suddenly deviates towards the old road, then back out again so there is a "kink" in it. Maybe could have been done better.
    Noticed the new Gorey services on the way too.
    Coming back, as you join the new section northbound I was surprised that there was only 1 lane. Southbound is 2. Presumably when this is extended south the join point will be bypassed.
    Thought surfaces and planting all looked great.
    Well done construction company!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

spacetweek wrote: »
    Drove the bypass with my mother recently. Didn't appreciate how long it is, seemed to go on for ever! Wonderful piece of work.
    The part where a parallel service road between junctions runs alongside the motorway looks really cool.
    Only bit I thought was awkward was the join to the old section at Clough, the road suddenly deviates towards the old road, then back out again so there is a "kink" in it. Maybe could have been done better.
    Noticed the new Gorey services on the way too.
    Coming back, as you join the new section northbound I was surprised that there was only 1 lane. Southbound is 2. Presumably when this is extended south the join point will be bypassed.
    Thought surfaces and planting all looked great.
    Well done construction company!

I was down there today and was surprised by the Gory services - I thought they were very scruffy and it is so new.

Also, I did not notice any SOS telephones. Are there any, r did I just not see them?

The road is fantastic.

I was down there today and was surprised by the Gory services - I thought they were very scruffy and it is so new.

Also, I did not notice any SOS telephones. Are there any, r did I just not see them?

The road is fantastic.

They're only newly opened, the buildings sat there unused for years.

Lovely new signposts all around Enniscorthy, they're ten times clearer and easier to read than the dreadful green yokes that were there previously.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Lovely new signposts all around Enniscorthy, they're ten times clearer and easier to read than the dreadful green yokes that were there previously.

This is good to see as it's not something we were historically good at here.

spacetweek wrote: »
    This is good to see as it's not something we were historically good at here.

That's for sure.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

The road is fantastic.
    They're only newly opened, the buildings sat there unused for years.

The SOS phones on the new bit of the M11 are not as big and well signed as those further north.

As for the services, the toilet would not flush, the hand dryers were puny and the place lacked a new feel. Perhaps it could do with a coat of paint it looks cheaply fitted out, or put another way - scruffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Still lots of tidying work going on. Access to fields being tarred and chipped. Roadside gripes and ditches being tidied up.
    You'd be driving down a country road near the bypass where there's a bridge or something crossing and come across random machinery working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

I used this for the first time a few weeks ago and it seems to have knocked another 10 to 20 minutes off the overall journey to Wexford itself. The overall journey from Bray is about an hour or just over that.

Having said that, with traffic now bypassing Enniscorthy, could this result in a loss of business to the town?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I used this for the first time a few weeks ago and it seems to have knocked another 10 to 20 minutes off the overall journey to Wexford itself. The overall journey from Bray is about an hour or just over that.

Having said that, with traffic now bypassing Enniscorthy, could this result in a loss of business to the town?

As I said in an earlier post, bypassing Gorey had the opposite effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,408 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Wonder what the increase in traffic is from Oylgate.
    Seems to be an almost constant flow bumber to tail at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Up about 2,100 approx a day according to the TII traffic counter located between Oilgate and Wexford.

https://www.nratrafficdata.ie/c2/gmapbasic.asp?sgid=ZvyVmXU8jBt9PJE$c7UXt6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

kneemos wrote: »
    Wonder what the increase in traffic is from Oylgate.
    Seems to be an almost constant flow bumber to tail at times.

Build more roads, get more traffic.

As well as newly generated journeys because of the motorway there will be more people now using the M/N11 now who would have used the R741 for Wexford and N30 for places east of New Ross, south of the N25.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭__oc__

Anyone know what the new cameras at the oylegate roundabout are?

• Advertisement

__oc__ wrote: »
    Anyone know what the new cameras at the oylegate roundabout are?

Traffic monitoring according to the gods on FB!!

Advertisement