Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Genuine high capacity 18650 battery - where to buy?

• 20-09-2019 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

It feels like I'm getting crap batteries constantly. Can anyone recommend a good retailer of a genuine high capacity 18650 battery?

Id really appreciate it thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

It feels like I'm getting crap batteries constantly. Can anyone recommend a good retailer of a genuine high capacity 18650 battery?

I just ordered some Molicel 18650's from FogStar . Haven't used them before but others in another vaping group were recommending them .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

jonski wrote: »
    I just ordered some Molicel 18650's from FogStar . Haven't used them before but others in another vaping group were recommending them .

Have you got a link by any chance to the ones you ordered? Cheers

Just had a look at shipping and looks like it's 20 quid for dpd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Have you got a link by any chance to the ones you ordered? Cheers

Just had a look at shipping and looks like it's 20 quid for dpd

https://www.fogstar.co.uk/products/molicel-p26a

I went with ParcelMotel shipping so it was only £1.50 + the PM fee which I think is around €4:00 .

Also use code 25OFF at the checkout , it might be still working .

My Bill total was £19:47 for 4 batteries .

jonski wrote: »
    https://www.fogstar.co.uk/products/molicel-p26a

I went with ParcelMotel shipping so it was only £1.50 + the PM fee which I think is around €4:00 .

Also use code 25OFF at the checkout , it might be still working .

My Bill total was £19:47 for 4 batteries .

I see they do a 3500mah FogStar branded one I might pull the trigger on thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Fogstar are great. My last few batteries I've bought from them and they're still going strong.

The 3500mah ones, you mean https://www.fogstar.co.uk/products/fogstar-3500mah-10a?

Be careful, these are only rated to 10amps maximum draw. So if you're chaining at crazy high wattages, 10amps, may not cut it. I'd suggest you go for a slightly lower mah to get the higher amp discharge rates like 20 or 25 amps.
    I'd suggest this one personally https://www.fogstar.co.uk/products/fogstar-3000mah-20a

• Advertisement

TinCool wrote: »
    Fogstar are great. My last few batteries I've bought from them and they're still going strong.

The 3500mah ones, you mean https://www.fogstar.co.uk/products/fogstar-3500mah-10a?

Be careful, these are only rated to 10amps maximum draw. So if you're chaining at crazy high wattages, 10amps, may not cut it. I'd suggest you go for a slightly lower mah to get the higher amp discharge rates like 20 or 25 amps.
    I'd suggest this one personally https://www.fogstar.co.uk/products/fogstar-3000mah-20a

I only do 8w so will the 3500mah be OK do you think?

I only do 8w so will the 3500mah be OK do you think?

8w. I assume you're using fairly high resistance coils like 1ohm ish? You'll be fine with those in that case.

8w. I assume you're using fairly high resistance coils like 1ohm ish? You'll be fine with those in that case.

.5 ohm coil sorry forgot to add

So .5ohm x 8w = 4amps. No problem then.

If you haven't already ordered them, wait until Friday, as Fogstar run 20% off every Friday. The code will be SEPTEMBER27.

• Advertisement

If you haven't already ordered them, wait until Friday, as Fogstar run 20% off every Friday. The code will be SEPTEMBER27.

Nice one thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

.5 ohm coil sorry forgot to add

0.5 at 8 Watts?????

Very low power to a coil with that resistance.

0.5 at 8 Watts?????

Very low power to a coil with that resistance.

Yeah any more power and I can't get through the day with my current batteries, works fine for me I get enough of a hit

Where do they announce the code as a matter of interest?

Yeah any more power and I can't get through the day with my current batteries, works fine for me I get enough of a hit

Your battery life will deteriorate quickly if the draw on it is too prolonged in order to heat a coil. In other words the faster the coil heats the easier it is on your battery. Higher power to that 0.5 coil will probably mean a longer battery life and is also safer as you're not putting a constant draw on it's power.

Where do they announce the code as a matter of interest?

I get weekly emails from them having ordered from them before.

I get weekly emails from them having ordered from them before.

What will tomorrows code be? Have to order a higher end charger as my current one isn't up to the task of charging the 3500mah battery

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Shinobollo

What will tomorrows code be? Have to order a higher end charger as my current one isn't up to the task of charging the 3500mah battery

OCTOBER4 - 25% off this weekend in Fogstar

Shinobollo wrote: »
    OCTOBER4 - 25% off this weekend in Fogstar

Thanks! Ordered the rocket charger to parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

What do you consider high-capacity?

You can always get genuine cells by getting Lidl or Aldi cordless tools battery and opening it up. €20 for 6 cells IIRC.

• Advertisement

grogi wrote: »
    What do you consider high-capacity?

You can always get genuine cells by getting Lidl or Aldi cordless tools battery and opening it up. €20 for 6 cells IIRC.

Good luck using those in a mod. Piece of mind is more important than saving a few quid on batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Shinobollo

Good luck using those in a mod. Piece of mind is more important than saving a few quid on batteries.

Only buy batteries from a recommended retailer. Google "Mooch" and Battery Tests for information on the most suitable batteries for vaping

Just wondering, with a 10A battery and a 1.5ohm coil,whats a safe wattage? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Just wondering, with a 10A battery and a 1.5ohm coil,whats a safe wattage? Thanks

With a 1.5 coil,I wouldn't go above 16w because you will burn the coil out or you will get a dry hit for sure.
    I would start at 10w & work your'e way up to find your sweet spot.

You are safe enough to go to any wattage you like with a 1.5 coil on a regulated mod,too high of wattage will just burn out the coil.

Non regulated mods can be dangerous,you would need to know Ohm's Law before using one.

Good luck using those in a mod.

The 18650 battery is used in everything from Laptops, to power tools to Tesla cars.
    Piece of mind is more important than saving a few quid on batteries.

So which is it? That they won't work or piece of mind?

How many incidents of exploding Lidl power tool batteries have occurred?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

denartha wrote: »
    The 18650 battery is used in everything from Laptops, to power tools to Tesla cars.

So which is it? That they won't work or piece of mind?

How many incidents of exploding Lidl power tool batteries have occurred?
    TinCool's well aware of the 18650's usage. Those batteries are being used either in series or parallel or a combination of both with a goal of spreading the load across all batteries most efficiently without stressing their limits.

Vape mods on the other hand are using one or two 18650s which must be able to maintain high current draw (10A+ per cell) without exploding. So any random lithium battery will not do.

https://www.fogstar.co.uk/?mc_cid=b2d7ff1c7d&mc_eid=6f44205743

This finishes at midnight if anyone is looking for batteries.
    Personally I'd recommend the Sony VTC6 for regulated mods and the Sony VTC5A if it's a mech you're using.

Advertisement