Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Students in Templars hall kicked around a chicken so bad it had to be put asleep

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Psychopaths

The sad messed up fact is "that's people" is a better more accurate description to use.
    Not everyone. Not saying everyone. But if you were to meet anyone of them randomly you'd have no idea of how much a scumbag they really were.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Moral Fibre not much of it knocking around these days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

Templars Hall isn't known for scumbag students for no reason. What kills me is the predictable and lacklustre response from the college everytime these scrotes cause havoc in the are with their music, drug taking and thuggery. "Oh its only a very small percentage who do this". Even though some of them are caught on camera. Send on the footage to the college with their faces so they can be named and chuck them out. Simple as.

So by your reasoning if someone went out at the weekend and got into a little trouble like a fight for example they should lose their jobs?...
    Grow up...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

galwayllm wrote: »
    So by your reasoning if someone went out at the weekend and got into a little trouble like a fight for example they should lose their jobs?...
    Grow up...
    No, then they should move to their aunt and uncle in Bel-air

LMAO

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

They are students of the college and their actions are bringing it into disrepute. Plus if they had criminal convictions for animal cruelty then that's another reason to throw them out. No different to an employee being fired for an inappropriate post on social media or pictured acting like a thug.

What they apparently did is awful and they should be charged under the full force of the shockingly weak animal cruelty laws we have (so...maybe a tiny fine?)

But they won't be kicked out of college for this, nor should they. Would you expect somebody to be sacked from work for doing such a thing even though it took place outside of work hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Where's all the footage of the act happening? Thought twas said earlier it was filmed.

Cabaal wrote: »
    What they apparently did is awful and they should be charged under the full force of the shockingly weak animal cruelty laws we have (so...maybe a tiny fine?)

But they won't be kicked out of college for this, nor should they. Would you expect somebody to be sacked from work for doing such a thing even though it took place outside of work hours?

Ye can forget about that, I had a neighbour deliberately put down Rat poison in his front garden to kill my cat, covered his front garden in it, in a garden that had no perimeter walls between us, There was a supposed to a law about putting poisons down on grounds out in open, (as appose to be covered) this was to prevent farmers putting poison down and birds of prey eating the poison, but just you try and impose that law, spoke to Councillors, EPA, Guardai, and no one could do anything, finally guards had a word but it was so stoopid the way the law is written and how it is enforced.

Ye can forget about that, I had a neighbour deliberately put down Rat poison in his front garden to kill my cat, covered his front garden in it, in a garden that had no perimeter walls between us, There was a supposed to a law about putting poisons down on grounds out in open, (as appose to be covered) this was to prevent farmers putting poison down and birds of prey eating the poison, but just you try and impose that law, spoke to Councillors, EPA, Guardai, and no one could do anything, finally guards had a word but it was so stoopid the way the law is written and how it is enforced.

maybe you should have made sure your cat didn't go into his lawn, no?

If he wanted a cat in his garden maybe he'd get one, why you so entitled?

If he wanted a cat in his garden maybe he'd get one, why you so entitled?

:):):):):):):):)

Make sure my cat didn't go in his garden!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Very cruel, idiotic and incredibly immature, even for drunken college students.

At least the crazy antics we got up to in my student days back in the 90s were far more imaginative.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

What about birds?

Leaving out rat poison is downright dangerous and can kill protected species

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

:):):):):):):):)

Make sure my cat didn't go in his garden!!!
    Yes why not. I don't condone someone laying down open poison in a garden but it's your responsibility to have control on your animals, feral cats are fair game, I hope there is a collar and name tag on your cat, and it would be nice if you also had a bell on the collar. Otherwise how is a person to know if it is a pet.

marlin vs wrote: »
    Yes why not. I don't condone someone laying down open poison in a garden but it's your responsibility to have control on your animals, feral cats are fair game, I hope there is a collar and name tag on your cat, and it would be nice if you also had a bell on the collar. Otherwise how is a person to know if it is a pet.

The fact its laid down open means the person is being irresponsible by default, blaming others for poison left in a idiotic manner is downright silly.

Open poison can easily be eaten by birds which in turn could kill protected birds of prey.
    Anyone found to be causing the death of a protected species should be very heavily fined

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

A lot of companies would let an employee go if they received a criminal conviction.

The fact its laid down open means the person is being irresponsible by default, blaming others for poison left in a idiotic manner is downright silly.

Open poison can easily be eaten by birds which in turn could kill protected birds of prey.
    Anyone found to be causing the death of a protected species should be very heavily fined

I think when the law was brought in about using poison one of the reasons they gave or examples was farmers putting it down for predators and birds of prey eating it.

Never mind birds imagine you had kids kicking a ball and it rolled into some of it kids pick up blue or red pellets thinking its sweets, this was proliferated around the garden,

The problem was no department wanted to take it up guards eventually called to say how petty it was.

As for the other poster who said control your cat?? its a domestic cat not an African Lion rolling round on someones lawn causing wide spread panic in Gotham City, Most neighbours recognise or know a cat knocking around that its from the house down the road, what damage do they do?? roll on the lawn?? dig a hole and poop in it and bury it maybe?? oh no shock horror get the lynch mob out pitch forks torches and we'll run that cat and family out of the neighbourhood

Advertisement