Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Jeff Dunham: Beside Himself (2019)
    Jeff Dunham takes the stage in Dallas with his old pals Peanut, Walter, Jos� Jalape�o, Bubba J and Achmed to poke fun at himself and American culture.
    added today

• Registered Users Posts: 19,792 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

f4d2e2c62411da82e9d8f6b259678d30--neverending-story-movie-dog-ramp.jpg

The Neverending Story !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

2smiggy wrote: »
    f4d2e2c62411da82e9d8f6b259678d30--neverending-story-movie-dog-ramp.jpg

The Neverending Story !!

Haven't seen it since I was child and I loved it so much. I'm worried watching it now might taint that memory for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Haven't seen it since I was child and I loved it so much. I'm worried watching it now might taint that memory for me...

Same, want to watch again with my young lad but afraid it may have aged terribly

• Registered Users Posts: 19,792 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Same, want to watch again with my young lad but afraid it may have aged terribly

Watched it again for the first time since i was a young lad recently. It is still well watchable , and has not aged too badly. Brought back memories !! You would not see some of the stuff in children's movies these days !!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

You would not see some of the stuff in children's movies these days !!
    The Artax (his horse) scene scarred my childhood self.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

ixoy wrote: »
    The Artax (his horse) scene scarred my childhood self.

Did you even have a childhood if you weren't emotionally scarred by the death of a fictional animal?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

Currently enjoying Unbelievable, despite it being quite slow in places I'm liking the pacing overall

In the last few weeks watched the following:

Sisters - enjoyable Australian series that has a clever story and good acting;

Between Two Ferns - dreadful but still laughed at parts of it;

The Guilty - absolutely excellent Danish film (1.5hrs) that has stayed with me long after watching;

The Spy - very good, Sacha Baron Cohen is much more convincing as as serious actor than expected;

Mindhunter (s2) - really don't understand the love for this show at all, I can't enjoy it. A lot of the character development this series just felt silly and stuck in to give them something else to talk about. Found most episodes very boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wait until they replace the theme song with the Stranger Things version.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Currently enjoying Unbelievable, despite it being quite slow in places I'm liking the pacing overall

In the last few weeks watched the following:

Sisters - enjoyable Australian series that has a clever story and good acting;

Between Two Ferns - dreadful but still laughed at parts of it;

The Guilty - absolutely excellent Danish film (1.5hrs) that has stayed with me long after watching;

The Spy - very good, Sacha Baron Cohen is much more convincing as as serious actor than expected;

Mindhunter (s2) - really don't understand the love for this show at all, I can't enjoy it. A lot of the character development this series just felt silly and stuck in to give them something else to talk about. Found most episodes very boring.

Is this also known as ALMOST FAMILY?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9165444/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

NIMAN wrote: »
    Is this also known as ALMOST FAMILY?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9165444/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Hadn't heard of that version but yeah the trivia part of that IMDB page says Almost Family is based on the Australian show Sisters

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭bullpost

The Kominsky Method: Season 2

If this is half as good as the first season it will be great.

The Man Who Killed Hitler And Then The Bigfoot(i've heard this is nuts and very good)
    Taciturn war veteran Calvin Barr lives alone with his dog and his fading memories of two, life-or-death, hard-to-believe missions that saved the U.S

Abstract: The Art of Design season 2
    Step inside the minds of the most innovative designers in a variety of disciplines and learn how design impacts every aspect of life.

Birders
    Bird watchers on both sides of the U.S.-Mexico border share their enthusiasm for protecting and preserving some of the world's most beautiful species.

Blue
    Witness how pollution and global warming are wreaking havoc on oceans and hear environmental experts suggest what must be done to reverse course.

Glitch season 3
    A police officer and a doctor face an emotionally charged mystery when seven local residents inexplicably return from the dead in peak physical form.

added today

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Caegan

Glitch is one of those gems you find on Netflix, really enjoyed season 1&2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

peteeeed wrote: »
    The Man Who Killed Hitler And Then The Bigfoot(i've heard this is nuts and very good)
    Taciturn war veteran Calvin Barr lives alone with his dog and his fading memories of two, life-or-death, hard-to-believe missions that saved the U.S

Awesome, have been wanting to see this for ages.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Same, I think it's a fair bit more serious in tone than the name suggests from what I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Watched Surviving R Kelly, don’t like the way they made it all about race. Apparently if he was abusing white women he would have been locked up long ago. There were white girls being abused in Rochdale, uk and nothing was done. It shouldn’t be about race, he was a sick ****er end of story.

• fin12 wrote: »
    Watched Surviving R Kelly, don’t like the way they made it all about race. Apparently if he was abusing white women he would have been locked up long ago. There were white girls being abused in Rochdale, uk and nothing was done. It shouldn’t be about race, he was a sick ****er end of story.

Very common narrative in the states

Call Me by Your Name
    In the summer of 1983, 17-year-old Elio forms a life-changing bond with his father's charismatic research assistant Oliver in the Italian countryside.

Explained season 2
    This enlightening series from Vox digs into a wide range of topics such as the rise of cryptocurrency, why diets fail, and the wild world of K-pop.

Added today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Caegan wrote: »
    Glitch is one of those gems you find on Netflix, really enjoyed season 1&2.

I really must watch season 2, the first one was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Caegan

I really must watch season 2, the first one was great.

Really enjoyed season 2. Such a gap between seasons means I'll prob have to do a proper rewatch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

cml387 wrote: »
    Since it's a new thread, thanks to all those who recommended Mindhunter.
    Another American series on serial killers wouldn't have been top of my viewing list but this was good.
    Of the actors you'd have to say that chain smoking Bill Tench,played by Holt McCanally was the star, and he has strong Irish roots as well.

Amen to this. Mindhunter is one of those shows that will stand the test of time. Superb writing and characterisation. Bill Tench speaks to us all! For anyone with even a mild interest in crime I would heartily recommend this show.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Very common narrative in the states

Because its true.

South Park (2017) (6 Seasons back up)
    The Good Place: Season 4 (new episodes starting today)
    NBC’s fantasy series, about an ordinary woman (Kristen Bell) who is wrongly sent to a pleasant afterlife and must hide in plain sight from its architect (Ted Danson), returns for its fourth and final run. Expect heavenly things.

Bard of Blood
    An excommunicated RAW agent, Kabir Anand, a courageous analyst, Isha Khanna, and a sleeper agent, Veer Singh, take on a covert mission in Balochistan when four Indian spies are captured. The mission soon turns south and Kabir Anand, played by Emraan Hashmi, must face his demons from the past to end a war before it begins.

The Politician: Season 1
    Ryan Murphy’s first Netflix series follows Payton Hobart (Ben Platt), a wealthy student from Santa Barbara, California, who has known since age seven that he’s going to be the President of the United States. But first, he has to navigate the most treacherous political landscape of all: Saint Sebastian High School.

To get elected Student Body President, secure a spot at Harvard, and stay on his singular path to success, Payton will have to outsmart his ruthless classmates without sacrificing his own morality and carefully crafted image. The dark satire boasts a cast that includes Gwyneth Paltrow, Jessica Lange, Zoey Deutch, Lucy Boynton and Bob Balaban.

In the Shadow of the Moon
    A Philadelphia detective slowly unravels as he nurses a lifelong obsession with an enigmatic female serial killer whose crimes defy explanation

My Days of Mercy
    The daughter of a death row inmate and a fierce advocate of the death penalty enter into an unlikely romance.

Skylines season 1
    A hip-hop producer gets hurled into the violent world of organized crime when the record label he signs to becomes the center of a deadly drug business

Sturgill Simpson Presents Sound & Fury
    In this anime visual album, a mysterious driver heads deep into a postapocalyptic hellscape toward a ferocious showdown with two monstrous opponents.

El marginal Seasons 3 While investigating a kidnapping, an ex-cop sent to infiltrate a prison finds himself surrounded by dangerous felons who can't know his real identity

Level 16
    In a bleak academy that teaches girls the virtues of passivity, two students uncover the ghastly purpose behind their training and resolve to escape.

added today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

peteeeed wrote: »
    South Park (2017) (6 Seasons back up)
    The Good Place: Season 4 (new episodes starting today)
    NBC’s fantasy series, about an ordinary woman (Kristen Bell) who is wrongly sent to a pleasant afterlife and must hide in plain sight from its architect (Ted Danson), returns for its fourth and final run. Expect heavenly things.

Bard of Blood
    An excommunicated RAW agent, Kabir Anand, a courageous analyst, Isha Khanna, and a sleeper agent, Veer Singh, take on a covert mission in Balochistan when four Indian spies are captured. The mission soon turns south and Kabir Anand, played by Emraan Hashmi, must face his demons from the past to end a war before it begins.

The Politician: Season 1
    Ryan Murphy’s first Netflix series follows Payton Hobart (Ben Platt), a wealthy student from Santa Barbara, California, who has known since age seven that he’s going to be the President of the United States. But first, he has to navigate the most treacherous political landscape of all: Saint Sebastian High School.

To get elected Student Body President, secure a spot at Harvard, and stay on his singular path to success, Payton will have to outsmart his ruthless classmates without sacrificing his own morality and carefully crafted image. The dark satire boasts a cast that includes Gwyneth Paltrow, Jessica Lange, Zoey Deutch, Lucy Boynton and Bob Balaban.

In the Shadow of the Moon
    A Philadelphia detective slowly unravels as he nurses a lifelong obsession with an enigmatic female serial killer whose crimes defy explanation

My Days of Mercy
    The daughter of a death row inmate and a fierce advocate of the death penalty enter into an unlikely romance.

Skylines season 1
    A hip-hop producer gets hurled into the violent world of organized crime when the record label he signs to becomes the center of a deadly drug business

Sturgill Simpson Presents Sound & Fury
    In this anime visual album, a mysterious driver heads deep into a postapocalyptic hellscape toward a ferocious showdown with two monstrous opponents.

El marginal Seasons 3 While investigating a kidnapping, an ex-cop sent to infiltrate a prison finds himself surrounded by dangerous felons who can't know his real identity

Level 16
    In a bleak academy that teaches girls the virtues of passivity, two students uncover the ghastly purpose behind their training and resolve to escape.

added today
    The Good Place , giddy up!!

At Eternity's Gate
    Wild artistic inspiration and emotional turmoil fill painter Vincent van Gogh's last years as he struggles to bring his unique vision to the world

Cultivating the Seas: History and Future of the Full-Cycle Cultured Kindai Tuna
    An in-depth look at the full-cycle breeding program for bluefin Kindai tuna pioneered by Kinki University's Aqua Culture Research Institute.

Seraph of the End season 2
    After a deadly viral plague, the few child survivors become livestock for the vampires taking over the world. But one group is fighting back.

Added today

The irishman getting some very good reviews

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-irishman

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,020 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Top Boy..... an enjoyable enough watch. Good mix of storyline, violence, drug life, etc little bit slow in parts but overall, a good show too pass away 10 episodes watching.

Advertisement