Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Living with Lucy

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

What happened in his childhood?we didn’t learn any background story

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

bigpink wrote: »
    What happened in his childhood?we didn’t learn any background story

His mother was a addict and she died of an over dose. He spent seven years on foster care!

His mother was a addict and she died of an over dose. He spent seven years on foster care!

Oh I was wrong so I thought his family raised him
    Prob better off if the mother had problems so

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Oh I was wrong so I thought his family raised him
    Prob better off if the mother had problems so

I think that was the set up anyway. Well that's the impression I got.He did spend a good bit of time with the grandmother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Think posters are being harsh on him. He's young, but at least he's doing something with his life.

If it doesn't work out for him that's tough but he won't have any regrets.

Yes they come across as a bit immature but I'd say they're a little star struck at the minute.

Hopefully it works out for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

He has the absolute head of a knacker but seems a nice chap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dymo

I thought he was coked out of it in the beginning but maybe that's his personality, disappointed that Lucy didn't bring up all the trouble he had with the law, 11 convictions for road offenses alone.

Overall he seemed to have had a tough life and to be where he is today is amazing he must have something that directors like.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,835 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Barry Keoghan to play Shane MacGowan in a biopic

11 convictions?scumbag so

• Registered Users Posts: 20,506 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I know his last offence was in Kerry a couple of years ago, he wanted to run into town to get a takeaway and took a car he wasn't insured on hardly call him a scumbag for that , stupid yes but hardly a scumbag ,

He got a few offences for that driving without a licence, driving without insurance, failure to produce licence and failure to produce insurance at a later date, then he failed to turn up for court or have anyone turn up on his behalf, so got charged for that on the two accounts,

That's about 6 offences at least for the one incident, they can add up very quickly ,

• Advertisement

At least he's seems to have straightened himself out.

There are a lot worse walking the streets to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Weird Q but would 11 convictions cause hassle for him getting into the US? Or are road traffic ones not a bother?

• I know his last offence was in Kerry a couple of years ago, he wanted to run into town to get a takeaway and took a car he wasn't insured on hardly call him a scumbag for that , stupid yes but hardly a scumbag ,

He got a few offences for that driving without a licence, driving without insurance, failure to produce licence and failure to produce insurance at a later date, then he failed to turn up for court or have anyone turn up on his behalf, so got charged for that on the two accounts,

That's about 6 offences at least for the one incident, they can add up very quickly ,

The best way to avoid these offences adding up is not to offend. What's complicated or complex about that? To offend once may be regarded as a misfortune; to offend twice looks like carelessness. 11 times?

SAMTALK wrote: »
    At least he's seems to have straightened himself out.

There are a lot worse walking the streets to be fair

True i only know what I saw of him last night but there is big hype over him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Drifter50 wrote: »
    This episode is tragic, you would think Lucy would try to put a bit of structure in it but its lust all over the shop

Oh... you saw the camel toe also ??? :D;)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

I think he is an incredible talent. probably the best that ever came out of Ireland if he is given the roles. Don't understand some of the posts here other than snobbery. Lucy needs to spend less time fixing her makeup, whats that about.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think he is an incredible talent. probably the best that ever came out of Ireland if he is given the roles. Don't understand some of the posts here other than snobbery. Lucy needs to spend less time fixing her makeup, whats that about.

I only knew him for a year or so when he was in school, but there's nothing fake at all about him. He's a nice lad. So is his brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Saoirse Ronan is a number of orders of magnitude better.
    Granadino wrote: »
    Weird Q but would 11 convictions cause hassle for him getting into the US? Or are road traffic ones not a bother?

For supposed celebrities they seem to have no problem doling out visas.Big studios will have extravagantly well paid immigration lawyers on retainer to iron those things out.

For others that might want to actually contribute to society it's a lot more hassle.

Almost all the slack he gets is because of his very strong "perceived knacker" accent. It's a damn sight better than this man who I'm sure has no convictions at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

ted1 wrote: »
    I thought it was brutal..

I did as well, really bad, but I was lambasted for my opinion as Chris Nolan is a god in the eyes of many. It’s like a lot of cinema these days, hype train and nobody seems to know what’s good or bad. He was ****e in it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I know his last offence was in Kerry a couple of years ago, he wanted to run into town to get a takeaway and took a car he wasn't insured on hardly call him a scumbag for that , stupid yes but hardly a scumbag ,

Driving uninsured could ruin another person financially

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,506 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The best way to avoid these offences adding up is not to offend. What's complicated or complex about that? To offend once may be regarded as a misfortune; to offend twice looks like carelessness. 11 times?

That's my point to get 11 convictions you may only need to offend twice as they stack up multiple charges for each offence , As I explained the 1 stop in Kerry got him at very least 6 charges,

Again I agree it's careless and being a bit of a god****e but I would not call him a "scumbage " because of it,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The hate in here is mad

He's just doing what any other youngfella who got a bit of money people slagging his clothes ffs get a grip with yourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

Deirdre O'Kane is on tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,835 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

deisemum wrote: »
    Deirdre O'Kane is on tonight.

I thought she was taller and funnier :o

I have never 'gotten' Dee OKane….
    Seems sound enough, but I think Lucy is funnier than her!

Couldn,t watch this episode. Deirdre O,Kanes voice does my head in .

Couldn,t watch this episode. Deirdre O,Kanes voice does my head in .

Id say you hate Gogglebox then !!! :D

greenspurs wrote: »
    Id say you hate Gogglebox then !!! :D

?

Dont watch it . Don,t get sitting on couch watching people on telly sitting on couch watching people on telly :D

?

Dont watch it . Don,t get sitting on couch watching people on telly sitting on couch watching people on telly :D

I meant, OKane does the voiceover on it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

I am not surprised at the lack of interest in D O Kane. I am not a fan of D or Lucy, I reckon it must be a very insecure life, trying to make a living out of it, especially when her husband is also in the industry. I read somewhere that a lot of comedians can suffer from depression that with the extreme highs it takes to perform there are equally extreme lows after. I didn't find any of the so called celebrities interesting n this series, wont miss it!

Advertisement