Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland v Scotland Match Thread

• 21-09-2019 10:38pm

I think it says it all that we got to near midnight the evening before the game and there has been no match thread.

We are going to do a number on Scotland tomorrow. The main story on Monday isn't going to be the scale of Ireland's victory - it will be that Japan have a serious chance of making the play offs - such will be our dismissal of Scotland.

Out of the doldrums folks, it's finally time for Joe to put on that Show.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Id agree with that
    We've some forward line ,with sexton and murray firing on all cylinders we've nothing to worry about, I'm really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

IRELAND IRELAND TOGETHER STANDING TAAALLL

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

its so funny that it will likely go from doddle of a group to the knockouts when its immediately a chance of us getting knocked out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭This is it

Really hope it all comes together, slightly anxious, incredibly excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I really feel we’re primed for this. I expect a big performance tomorrow. Hopefully one where we avoid any serious injuries.

• Advertisement

COMETH THE MAN COMETH THE HOUR COMETH THE DAY COMETH THE HOUR

DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOTDE DOOT

IRELAND

IRELAND

TOGETHER STANDING TALL

• Registered Users Posts: 66,770 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Will this night never pass! Might be even awake for the Italy V Namibia match! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

From an Irish point of view, I think tomorrow is about setting the standard for our performances through the rest of the tournament.

A big performance and a win tomorrow means we top the group and have three games with little pressure. Japan were poor against Russia, it may have just been opening match jitters for the home team, but Russia also lost by 13 points to Jersey less than a month ago.

It's also the opportunity to show the media and the fans that they're not in a slump or have peaked too early, like the narrative has been since the 6 Nations. I know they're professional athletes and all, but being able to read social media etc and not see as much negativity and proving a point to certain individuals will have a huge psychological boost for the team.

I'm buzzing for it. 2015 we were ruined by injuries because of a tough last game, and as a result we were gassed in the quarters. This time around, it's setup to be Ireland's best chances of being in a great place going into the knockouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I'm expecting a good performance from both teams , expect Ireland to win well, really hope back row play well, and obviously rest of team , Ireland by 15

COMETH THE MAN COMETH THE HOUR COMETH THE DAY COMETH THE HOUR

DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOTDE DOOT

IRELAND

IRELAND

TOGETHER STANDING TALL

I'm so drunk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭This is it

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

I am expecting a strong performance tomorrow but it'snot tomorrow's game that I am worried but more the quarters as both NZ and SA look very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Narrow Irish win.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

alwald wrote: »
    I am expecting a strong performance tomorrow but it'snot tomorrow's game that I am worried but more the quarters as both NZ and SA look very good.

I actually thought both were exceedingly poor. Mo'Unga in particular was quite pedestrian. I'd say Italy are a bit of a dark horse now, they'd be a handy one to place a 10er on to top the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sleep Is going to be tough roll on 8.45am

Go out and make a statement. Think its going to be a tough tough game

Good morning to anyone ever over there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Sleep Is going to be tough roll on 8.45am

Go out and make a statement. Think its going to be a tough tough game

Good morning to anyone ever over there

Good morning from Yokohama 😠Looking out the window it's dry and overcast. Come on Ireland!!! I think we'll put in a performance this afternoon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Good morning from Yokohama 😠Looking out the window it's dry and overcast. Come on Ireland!!! I think we'll put in a performance this afternoon!!

Many of us over there Mike from what you can gather? Enjoy the game if you are going.

OOnegative wrote: »
    Many of us over there Mike from what you can gather? Enjoy the game if you are going.

A fair lot from what I've seen and met. Was a significant number of Irish at the NZ game last night. I've seen a fair few Scots about as well but my rough estimate would be Irish fans will outnumber them 3:1 at least.

Any eir login going spare?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Ireland by 15+. Scotland are poor we need to lay down a marker like NZ did today

• Advertisement

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Ireland by 15+. Scotland are poor we need to lay down a marker like NZ did today

Where will the goals come from do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I've after drinking a sheite load.... I think I'm going to miss it in the morning but set to record so I'll be a but behind..... I'll be staying off boards...

I wouldn't say Scotland are a poor team, they have some really world class players and can beat anyone on their day. However, I agree that we need to lay down a marker today. If we want to entertain any hopes of winning the whole thing we need to dispatch Scotland today and show the world that we deserve to be seen as contenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Forty Seven

Scotland are far from poor and if we can target Sexton and keep him out of the game we are in with a chance. You're missing a few big names there. I'm expecting a close game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Expecting a close game myself.
    If yesterday’s games is anything to go by there will be allot of scrums, carnage at the breakdown and no offside line.
    With Sexton getting pummeled again and again as he tees up The POWER plays.
    Ireland to maul their way to victory. Henderson to score from one early and Best to get on the end of another.
    With Conway to score off a launch play from a LO.
    Hogg to run amok

just noticed a pic of Sexton during the captains run. Still has a sizable wrapping around that thumb.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

We lose this and I've bought the wrong quarter-final tickets.

I'm not that worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DaithiMa

I am Irish and hope we win, but 7/2 about Scotland is crazy. Looking at team selections we have eyes on the quarters, they are solely focussed on winning this match. They beat us in 2017 and were savage in that draw at Twickenham in the 6 Nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭rudiger2.0

Any eir login going spare?

It's on RTE and the RTE player

• Registered Users Posts: 11,098 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Hoppy Jack

Punditry on RTÉ and Eir is absolutely dire. Beyond muck

Advertisement