Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIFA 20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

I am actually looking forward to this.

FIFA Street was always a fun knock about game, but it felt a little lightweight to be considered a full price game, so incorporating it as Volta into the main series is a welcome addition.

There some to have been some minor tweaks to career mode (my preferred way of playing the game) so hopefully that will freshen up a part of the game that had REALLY gotten stale.

My main question is, where has the best deal on buying it. I'm a very casual gamer and the prices on new releases puts me off buying most things day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Cheapest place to pre-order the disc version, folks? :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Cheapest place to pre-order the disc version, folks? :)

Supervalu/Tesco/Argos sometimes have games cheaper on release day they but they get snapped up. Its probably still a little early, deals and prices will start to appear next week closer to the release date. Check what deals Smyths and Gamestop are doing but usually GameStop will be the dearest.

Axwell wrote: »
    Supervalu/Tesco/Argos sometimes have games cheaper on release day they but they get snapped up. Its probably still a little early, deals and prices will start to appear next week closer to the release date. Check what deals Smyths and Gamestop are doing but usually GameStop will be the dearest.

I took a quick look at Smyths, Amazon and Argos UK (as a guide) before I posted. It wasn't looking "cheap" this year.

Smyths: €59.99
    Amazon: £49.99
    Argos UK: £49.99
    Gamestop: €69.99 :D

I wouldn't buy from GS anyway! Against my religion :)
    The supermarkets and Argos IE are probably the best option, in fairness to you, but you just cannot pre-order. I'd like to get a pre-order and take the stress out of the situation!

Just checked Zavvi there, they don't even have Fifa 18 or 19, nevermind 20. What the hell happened them?
    CDwow/wowHD aren't doing games anymore!
    Littlewoods are €69.99
    SimplyGames have it for £44.85 but I'm not too familiar with that crowd! (dodgy?)
    TheGameCollection have it £46.95 inc P&P and I have used them before in the past!

Just wondering am I forgetting anyone?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The GameCollection are the only ones I would bother with online apart from Amazon - with Argos I am sure you can preorder it, well reserve a copy once they put stock up. Those are probably your main options if you want to preorder it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

50 quid in SuperValu the day it comes out. Have been picking it up there for the last few years. Get there early and you will be grand.

Thanks everyone, I haven't actually done the supermarket on release day since I think Fifa 13/14 :)

I might just go ahead with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

What ya reckon of the new demo lads , had a few goes there enjoyed it , hope they don't tinker with it too much once it releases

Volta is nice but I know it's something i'll play once and never look at again

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

What ya reckon of the new demo lads , had a few goes there enjoyed it , hope they don't tinker with it too much once it releases

Volta is nice but I know it's something i'll play once and never look at again

Where do you download the Demo ? I can’t find it on the PlayStation store.

In the demos section under games on the left hand menu in the store

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

If EA don't thinker too much with the demo game play, could be a good game. But given their history of nerfing things within the first few months, I'm sure we will get a very similar game to 19. Fix one thing, break five more in the process!

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

anyone know if Supervalu and Tesco are doing FIFA 20 this year?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I sent an email to Supervalu earlier to see if they're doing it, will post a response when I get something from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Origin Premier is handy for this on PC, have it preloaded and ready to rock at 4pm tomorrow!

Ah nuts, I thought the disc version was out tomorrow!
    Have to wait another week :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Shiminay wrote: »
    I sent an email to Supervalu earlier to see if they're doing it, will post a response when I get something from them.
    Finally got a response an hour ago - the head office says they don't know about stock levels and that it'll be on an individual store by store basis. So best bet is to call into your local and see what their plans are. My local's on the Quays in Dublin, it's a busy enough spot and I know they've had big name games before.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Shiminay wrote: »
    Finally got a response an hour ago - the head office says they don't know about stock levels and that it'll be on an individual store by store basis. So best bet is to call into your local and see what their plans are. My local's on the Quays in Dublin, it's a busy enough spot and I know they've had big name games before.

I picked up Fifa 18 in that store but my mate told me yesterday he was unable to get Fifa 19 there.

asked Supervalu Fortunestown in Tallaght and was told they have it on order but cant confirm the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

didn't really like the demo but then again I hate playing against the computer, only do online seasons.

I hate playing against people online, only do CPU sessions :)

• Advertisement

Had the 10 hour trial with EA Access. Good game. AI movement seems to have improved massively this year.

Free kicks have totally changed and it could be good, I think they will be much more scorable and that could cut out the stupid fouling in UT and online seasons.

Ultimate team improvements are good but it really is pay to play during the trail. Coming up against serious teams after it been launched an hour.

Carer mode finally got a few changes. All in all very good and not too time consuming. I will defo be picking it up when it comes out. SuperValu was 49 last year so hoping for the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Really like the updated gameplay. Not a huge change but feels good. Liverpool are a seriously fun team to play with in Seasons. Quite a few high-scoring games so far.

I've had a few games of it now.

I hope theres a big update coming as it seems a bit off but overall it feels better than last years anyway.
    Feels a lot different in some way.

However it just feels a bit broken, the commentary in particular stands out. It just seems very basic, limited and disjointed.... like you'd get in an Alpha or early version(kind of like commentary on the PS2 "The balls played in *long pause*... cleared away *long pause *... " if that makes sense.

Sometimes the whole audio nosedives for a few seconds.

I'd be worried if there isnt a big launch update as this is the most broken Early Access version of FIFA I remember playing.

Will have to try Volta in a squad. Playing 1v1 anyway isnt a whole pile of fun. You'd think it would play like FIFA with 5 but it's a lot looser so by trying to move the ball around you'll just lose easier than in the normal version where you can hold the ball well.
    Maybe playing with 4 others would change that and make it fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Not sure if this is of interest to anyone but Amazon have Xbox One S 1 TB All-Digital Edition Console + FIFA 20 - Xbox One - Download Code for £169
    A cheap second console or early Christmas pressie.

CDKeys have the champions edition with early access for 77 Xbox 1

Supervalu doing it for 55€ with their rewards card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

When will there be a an update with the late August transfers? Anyway seems decent so far, I'm getting battered in online seasons. Absolutely leaking goals in defence. The keepers seem ****. And I can't work the free kicks yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

4real wrote: »
    Supervalu doing it for 55€ with their rewards card.

Any way to find out which stores will be stocking it?

What if you don't have a stupid rewards cards? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

marcbrophy wrote: »
    What if you don't have a stupid rewards cards? :mad:

Advertisement