Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Crisis on Infinite Earths (Arrowverse Crossover 2019)

• 20-07-2019 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭

Some news on this during SDCC. Might as well start a thread!

The crossover will be in 5 parts across 5 different shows - The Flash​​​​​, Arrow​​​​​, Supergirl, DC's Legends of Tomorrow and Batwoman​​​​​.
    Three episodes will be in December and two in January 2020.

I'll spoiler the main news for those who want to stay completely in the dark, but read this thread at your peril if you want to go in blind.

Brandon Routh is
    due to reprise his role from Superman Returns (2006).

Fun cameo/guest star -
    Burt Ward (Robin/Dick Grayson from 60s Batman)
    is due to have a small role. Not sure if it will be
    Robin
    , but it's probably a safe bet. Shame that
    Adam West is no longer with us

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not going to read the spoilers, but seems some sites decided to put that first one in their headlines, so saw that one already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not going to read the spoilers, but seems some sites decided to put that first one in their headlines, so saw that one already.

Yeah that one was all over the Internet yesterday. Realistically if not wanting to be spoiled, stay away from the main sites for the next two days until they are no longer headlines. There will be a lot more spoilers later today after the arrowverse panel

Tom Cavanagh will be taking on yet another character as part of the “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover, he will portray
    Pariah, a DC Comics character whose unorthodox experiments to view the creation of the universe result in the Anti-Monitor (to also be played by “Elseworlds” guest star LaMonica Garrett) learning of the existence of his Earth and destroying it with waves of anti-matter.
    Pariah will emerge as a result of a “very, very big twist at the end of the Bloodwork case in The Flash that launches ‘Crisis,'”

Also in relation to one of the already made announcements,
    Brandon Routh will be playing the Kingdom Come version of Superman

Black Lightning confirmed for the crossover

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

There is a pretty big casting announcement doing the rounds
    Kevin Conroy as Bruce Wayne/Batman

• Advertisement

McLoughlin wrote: »
    There is a pretty big casting announcement doing the rounds
    Kevin Conroy as Bruce Wayne/Batman

Yeah just saw it on TvLine, man they are really going all out for this. On that casting he is down as a
    Bruce Wayne from the future, Batman Beyond Maybe?

Schedule for crisis

Supergirl: Sunday, Dec. 8 at 8/7c (special time)
    Batwoman: Monday, Dec. 9 at 8 pm (special day)
    The Flash: Tuesday, Dec. 10 at 8 pm
    And then, in the year 2020:
    Arrow: Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 8 pm (special time)
    DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 9 pm (special episode, not season premiere )

• Registered Users Posts: 60,271 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Black Lighting
    will officially join the Arrowverse as well.

Black Lighting
    will officially join the Arrowverse as well.

So is it just me, or is it looking very likely that the crisis will lead to
    Earth 1 merging with Earth 54 (Supergirl) and Black Lightning's Earth like in the comics

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's everywhere on outlets so TBH I say we don't need to spoiler text this.

Honestly, it just makes me more disappointed they're running with Batwoman instead of a Batman Beyond. I don't want to hate before I've watched but that upcoming show feels like a stinker.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So the Arrowverse is getting a live action
    Batman
    , with
    Kevin Conroy

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So the Arrowverse is getting a live action
    Batman
    , with
    Kevin Conroy

Most sites word it as
    Bruce Wayne from the future so I'd doubt we'd get him in a Batman costume. He'd probably be more of a mentor to his replacement

So we are going to see the best
    Superman since Reeves
    and the best
    Batman ever

Well lets hope they don't fcuk it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Wouldn't it make sense to make this a miniseries rather than episodes from each show?
    How come there isn't a Black Lightning episode since the line shows Legends won't even be on the air?

I've been excited at the prospect of each new show but I'm not getting that for Batwoman. I know threes moaning about "saw agendas" but I don't bother with that - I just doesn't look great. I don't watch Legends and Black Lightning gets weak whenever they suit up so. With Arrow coming to an end there is only the Flash and Supergirl but neither are as fun as they should be. So
    merging the worlds isn't that interesting

If Arrow was going for another couple of seasons or was getting a good replacement like another Justice League character - or a JSA show - then I'd be more interest.

I wonder if any other former DC actors will be making an appearance Tom Welling is probably the big name that most people want, Gerard Christopher for me would be nice I've a soft spot for that Superboy show.

If they announced Michael Keaton I would more than likely collapse

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Black Lightning is a funny bird, as while I've not watched season 2, all the parts that didn't involve the lead suiting up were more interesting than the actual superheroics. Jefferson Pierce works better than his alter ego and the idea of him being in the crossover has me apathetic - precisely because I know it won't involve the man, just the (really cheesy, godawful) costume

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I wonder if any other former DC actors will be making an appearance Tom Welling is probably the big name that most people want, Gerard Christopher for me would be nice I've a soft spot for that Superboy show.

If they announced Michael Keaton I would more than likely collapse

Tom Welling and Erica Durance would have been as Clark and Lois on Supergirl.

I'd rather have seen Brandon Routh be Superman on the show and tie it to the old movies than for him to be on Legends as Atom.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Black Lightning is a funny bird, as while I've not watched season 2, all the parts that didn't involve the lead suiting up were more interesting than the actual superheroics. Jefferson Pierce works better than his alter ego and the idea of him being in the crossover has me apathetic - precisely because I know it won't involve the man, just the (really cheesy, godawful) costume

The story of the Pierce's gets better in season 2 and the superheating gets pretty bad - the action scenes are dull and badly staged, Thunder has a ridiculous strut that she uses in every episode and Black Lightning fails to notice that his newly discovered ability to fly is slower than just walking (one particular scene has him hovering through a warehouse looking for a missing girl - he is ridiculously slow and have been out of there in a few minutes on foot).

Gambi is criminally underdeveloped and the racism angle is very wobbly but not a good think when a superheroes are best without the mask on.

And Tobias also gets better in Season 2.

I don't see anything cheesy or bad about the hero suits themselves.

Jonah Hex
    returns for this.

Man, I am going to be SO confused trying to watch this methinks. Kinda wondering if to even try. The absence of the Legends made last year easy enough, but with them back, and Batwoman there too... Eep.

Big Casting news

Smallville's Tom Welling to Reprise Superman Role. Per The CW, the crossover will “reveal what happened to Clark Kent almost ten years” after the conclusion of Smallville.

• Advertisement

Oh wow that is big. I'm guessing a less than stellar acting career, after ones biggest role, makes you look more fondly back on what was once sneered at. Didn't
    Welling refuse to wear the superman costume, even for that last episode?

Oh wow that is big. I'm guessing a less than stellar acting career, after ones biggest role, makes you look more fondly back on what was once sneered at. Didn't
    Welling refuse to wear the superman costume, even for that last episode?

More info on this here EW

TBH though, I went to another, generally sober website and the news was right there in the headline. Casting news publicly announced by the studio is hard to avoid, outside of a media blackout. So ... Ehhh... I'm kinda inclined to ungrey the news.

TBH though, I went to another, generally sober website and the news was right there in the headline. Casting news publicly announced by the studio is hard to avoid, outside of a media blackout. So ... Ehhh... I'm kinda inclined to ungrey the news.

Yeah I wasn’t sure if it needed to be spoiler tagged or not. Ungreyed it anyway.

So three Superman or Supermen they might as well go the whole hog Dean Cain you free to throw on the cape ? Hey John Newton you busy ? Gerard Christopher what about you ?

Supergirl meeting her adoptive father as Superman that would be a great double take moment.

I wonder will we get a cameo from Chloe from a prison cell ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

I would like to see smallville green arrow justin hartley turn up.

Erica Durance (Lois Lane from Smallville) is joining the Crossover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This is either going to be a complete mess or completely brilliant.

Advertisement