Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Students in Templars hall kicked around a chicken so bad it had to be put asleep

• 11-09-2019 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭

Disgraceful carry-on id only they're parents knew what they're little darlings were getting up to

This was reported by Deise Animal Sanctuary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

University status so.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,779 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Drugs rock!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Templars Hall isn't known for scumbag students for no reason. What kills me is the predictable and lacklustre response from the college everytime these scrotes cause havoc in the are with their music, drug taking and thuggery. "Oh its only a very small percentage who do this". Even though some of them are caught on camera. Send on the footage to the college with their faces so they can be named and chuck them out. Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Halal nuggets freshly prepared get your halal nuggets

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Petyr Baelish

They were only trying to make chicken tenders.

• Advertisement

Agreed. Now, who is going to be repeating and leaving after the Christmas exams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭knockers84

Templars Hall isn't known for scumbag students for no reason. What kills me is the predictable and lacklustre response from the college everytime these scrotes cause havoc in the are with their music, drug taking and thuggery. "Oh its only a very small percentage who do this". Even though some of them are caught on camera. Send on the footage to the college with their faces so they can be named and chuck them out. Simple as.

Very hard for college to kick someone out for something that didn’t happen on campus.

Just won’t happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

knockers84 wrote: »
    Very hard for college to kick someone out for something that didn’t happen on campus.

Just won’t happen.

They are students of the college and their actions are bringing it into disrepute. Plus if they had criminal convictions for animal cruelty then that's another reason to throw them out. No different to an employee being fired for an inappropriate post on social media or pictured acting like a thug.

They are students of the college and their actions are bringing it into disrepute. Plus if they had criminal convictions for animal cruelty then that's another reason to throw them out. No different to an employee being fired for an inappropriate post on social media or pictured acting like a thug.

Won’t happen for kicking a chicken, will get a warning at most

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭invara

I fully accept what you are saying, but (as far as I know) there is nothing WIT can do legally to the students. They are adults, subject to the law of the land and you cannot academically sanction an individual student for something unrelated to their studies. A solicitor would have WIT in knots very quickly. The proper route to complain is the Gardaí, their parents and the landlord. You could also try the RTB, or threshold to see if you can get them kicked out- these are the only routes that are likely to work in getting some action.

It is really unfortunate that templars hall become a student location- if WIT was allowed to build more student accommodation it could be returned to what it was designed as- a family housing estate. WIT managed properties have similar messy students- but they are far more professional in administering them, and they have less of an impact on our community.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

I'm not a regular participant in the traditional WIT game of kicking the chicken, but I suspect that the game is normally over after a single kick?

As for "having to put the (unfortunate) chicken to sleep" surely the time-honoured practice of twisting its neck would have been a lot quicker and thus much more humane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Would it not make sense for wit to buy Waterford crystal off frisby and put in a heap of student accommodation there. At present they are working with the Travelodge to house students due to a lack of supply. Student accommodation on Waterford crystal site would become a cash cow for the college and help solve the many problems residents from surrounding estates have to put up with.

Would it not make sense for wit to buy Waterford crystal off frisby and put in a heap of student accommodation there. At present they are working with the Travelodge to house students due to a lack of supply. Student accommodation on Waterford crystal site would become a cash cow for the college and help solve the many problems residents from surrounding estates have to put up with.

If only if it was that easy. Housing crisis but no ones building

• Registered Users Posts: 28,779 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

knockers84 wrote:

Ah now, that's not exactly true, building is occurring around the country, but the rate is too slow, and the fact that building had pretty much stopped for a couple of years around the crash, even though it was known that we needed to continue building through the crash, particularly in the Dublin region, has left us in the current mess, me personally believing, it ll never be solved, or it ll take years to, creating irreversible damage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Whats the chances this is made up nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭south

I believe that's what will end up going in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Max Powers wrote: »

Made up nonsense? are you actually serious?

Give Waterford Animal Welfare a ring and ask them if its made up :rolleyes:

https://www.facebook.com/Waterford-Animal-Welfare-769328056425289/?ref=br_tf&epa=SEARCH_BOX

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Made up nonsense? are you actually serious?

Give Waterford Animal Welfare a ring and ask them if its made up :rolleyes:

https://www.facebook.com/Waterford-Animal-Welfare-769328056425289/?ref=br_tf&epa=SEARCH_BOX

No you are right, youll have to forgive me because I just can't fathom what would motivate anyone to do this, i mean where do you even get a chicken from ffs. its in the Irish independent website with confirmation from, animal welfare. No mention of students, just says drunken group on independent website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

There was a chicken wondering around Templars Hall for the last week or so..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

No you are right, youll have to forgive me because I just can't fathom what would motivate anyone to do this, i mean where do you even get a chicken from ffs. its in the Irish independent website with confirmation from, animal welfare. No mention of students, just says drunken group on independent website.

There was a goat literally outside the college about two weeks ago! One of the councillors posted a photo up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

knockers84 wrote: »

I've never seen the amount of building going on in Waterford in ages so theres no shortage of houses.

There's houses being built in Foxwood, also behind Musgraves then over opposite Greenfields then down by Fire Station, loads being built, too much by the looks of it and the looming recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,709 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

wait til rag week/xmas day and all that ****e

Chaos around the place caused by these students, like aninmals released from the zoo. What is wrong with them tbh ?? can they just go out hace a few drinks and not wreck stuff,annoy people and mind there own business

Nothing can be done sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Photo in this week's N&S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

vriesmays wrote: »
    Photo in this week's N&S.

Of someone kicking a chicken? Photographer got there quick. Is it like the father Ted kicking bishop Brennan up the arse picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭JohnC.

debok wrote: »
    Of someone kicking a chicken? Photographer got there quick. Is it like the father Ted kicking bishop Brennan up the arse picture?

I don't know what picture is allegedly in the N&S, but it's not the 80s anymore. Nearly everyone has a camera with them these days. It doesn't need a newspaper to send out their ace photographer any more. If the incident happened, there were probably several people taking pictures and video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

JohnC. wrote: »
    I don't know what picture is allegedly in the N&S, but it's not the 80s anymore. Nearly everyone has a camera with them these days. It doesn't need a newspaper to send out their ace photographer any more. If the incident happened, there were probably several people taking pictures and video.

There's a picture of a chicken on the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Also, that animal welfare crowd posted pictures of the hens injuries on their Facebook feed. The poor thing had no feathers on its breast and probably all torn up internally.

Where are peoples empathy to do such a rotten thing?

Also, that animal welfare crowd posted pictures of the hens injuries on their Facebook feed. The poor thing had no feathers on its breast and probably all torn up internally.

Where are peoples empathy to do such a rotten thing?

Psychopaths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Can you actually fire a person for an unpopular thought? That is different to doing physical harm to a person or animal or destroying private or public property?

• Advertisement

Not up the college to sanction them. It's up the Guards to do that.

Advertisement