Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deasy Should Go Now

• 16-09-2019 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

https://www.waterfordlive.ie/news/home/478348/waterford-councillor-calls-for-john-deasy-resignation-with-immediate-effect.html

Was only thinking this the other day. With a number of by-elections pending following from European election results Deasy should resign his seat now. Waterford chronically needs a stronger voice in government. Why wait for what could be another year before a general election. Or is the delay Deasy’s last two fingers to the people of Waterford.

PS Personally I would not be voting for a single issue candidate like Matt Shanahan, the article just reminded me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Who would you vote for op and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

That is none of your business.

BBM77 wrote: »

That is none of your business.

Well as previous posts indicate you are a staunch Fianna failer, it just looks like your sprouting more propaganda for Mary Butler. You are not going to like this but I think she should resign too as she has been as useless as deasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Has to be Paudie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Gardner

wouldn't vote for any single issue candidate. it simply doesn't work. Dr Michael Harty has found out the at the hard way sitting on the opposition bench in this present term of government. Matt Shanahan and Willie Doyle may have the best intentions but their not good, decent or average politicians/future politicians. Jaysus Willies videos on faceache are absolute cringe and just repeats the same thing over and over and over and over again.......

• Advertisement

Well as previous posts indicate you are a staunch Fianna failer, it just looks like your sprouting more propaganda for Mary Butler. You are not going to like this but I think she should resign too as she has been as useless as deasy.

Wow, I mean seriously just wow. How does wanting to get rid of a useless, frankly damaging TD make me a staunch Fianna Failer? For Christ sake Deasy is hated within FG not alone outside the party. I’m staunch Waterford should be getting its fair share from government. That is not going to happen with Deasy so someone else should be given the chance. I’d vote for a trained chimp if he or she was on the path to becoming a minister. Could not give a dam about political parties.

I think you are a staunch Fianna Gaeler if you see posts like mine in political party loyalty terms. I think it is the staunch Fianna Gaelers, particularly around Dungarvan, that should be looking at themselves for supporting Deasy all these years. Specially after he was sacked from the Fine Gael frontbench in 2004. It was clear at that point his name had become toxic in the party and he would never be made a minister.

Deiseen wrote: »
    Has to be Paudie

Again, just assumptions. The thread was started about having a by-election, I gave no support to any candidate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

While having proper political representation is a good start to remedying the woes of this region - I suspect the problems are systemic. Public officials resistant or ignorant of this region, a toxic 'post-industrial' brand, a vicious downward cycle of neglect and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭dzilla

I've seen more of deasy this term than I have of Mary Butler.

Wow, I mean seriously just wow. How does wanting to get rid of a useless, frankly damaging TD make me a staunch Fianna Failer? For Christ sake Deasy is hated within FG not alone outside the party. I’m staunch Waterford should be getting its fair share from government. That is not going to happen with Deasy so someone else should be given the chance. I’d vote for a trained chimp if he or she was on the path to becoming a minister. Could not give a dam about political parties.

I think you are a staunch Fianna Gaeler if you see posts like mine in political party loyalty terms. I think it is the staunch Fianna Gaelers, particularly around Dungarvan, that should be looking at themselves for supporting Deasy all these years. Specially after he was sacked from the Fine Gael frontbench in 2004. It was clear at that point his name had become toxic in the party and he would never be made a minister.

Agree with you about Deasy supporters but your party needs to take a big long look at itself. How is your Mary any different to Deasy. Both useless and full of self importance. 2 by elections are needed.
    But of course you are not going to criticize one if your own.
    And then you take a pop at Matt shanahan. Their must be a fear from yourself, stephanie, grainne and the rest of the party hangers on that ye won't get anyone in next time.

• Advertisement

Agree with you about Deasy supporters but your party needs to take a big long look at itself. How is your Mary any different to Deasy. Both useless and full of self importance. 2 by elections are needed.
    But of course you are not going to criticize one if your own.
    And then you take a pop at Matt shanahan. Their must be a fear from yourself, stephanie, grainne and the rest of the party hangers on that ye won't get anyone in next time.

For god sake Fianna Fail is not my party, I don’t have one. Who the hell are Stephanie and Grainne? This is my fifth post in this thread and I have not given support to any candidate or party. But we are in agreement, Mary Butler is useless too. For example when she took Kilkenny’s side on the boundary extension in the city, my jaw was on the floor the day I heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Is this tread about Deasy or someone else. My opinion is he should go, and should have been thrown out of the party long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Again, just assumptions. The thread was started about having a by-election, I gave no support to any candidate.

Sorry didn't mean you, I was just saying in general that it has to be Paudie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

A by-election has to be held within six months, so we will have a few that need to be held by November.
    I'm sure FG would prefer not to be dealing with another one. Govt traditionally doesn't fair well in by-elections.
    So for purely political reasons FG will want him to sit tight as they prepare for a May election.

Advertisement