Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Golf Society - Dooks Golf club 21st Sept 2pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

Just accepted on Teamer....Was supposed to be away with work but going to be back on Friday. Hope this doesn't cause problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭benny79

First Tee is 2pm

I need everyone to be there for 1.30/ 1.45 as we are going out in regarding golfer of the year standings so unfortunately I wont be going out last!

Hopefully we can get out a bit earlier.. Time sheet be done this evening.

So we have 3 guests Seve has 1 & Golfhead65 has 2. They can go in the first group so.

Regards

Benny79

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Ok lads and lassies, Decision made,there is 5 of us going to play open comp in Beaufort at 2pm Friday, if anyone wants to join us let me know as they go out in 3&4 balls, our plan is to stop at Charlie Chawkes in Adare(top of town) for breakfast at 10:30 approx and leave about 11:30, again any lone soldiers or group interested in joining us here you are most welcome,

• Registered Users Posts: 15,820 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

why is everyone playing different courses and staying in different hotels!!!:confused:

Seve OB wrote: »
    why is everyone playing different courses and staying in different hotels!!!:confused:

Well Beaufort is in Killarney and makes sense, we are close to hotel when we finish and don't have a 3 day camel ride after the golf..we are in Hotel Killarney, where is everybody else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Gmur1894

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    Don't write off Crumlin (off topic)
    Looking forward to the weekend lads. Sam is safe at home in Dublin so we can give them a bit of stick in Kerry.

[Time]|Player1]|Player2|Player3
    2.00|Gmur1894|The Chap Man|Guest
    2.08|ballyk|Kingswood Rover|newindublin
    2.16|CharlieIRL|spacecoyote|Tigerwood1
    2.24|a Post Punk|ThecHamp26|Break80
    2.32|Seve OB|doublecross|FixdePitchmark
    2.40|Roadrunner|Macker1|Brian Rossiter
    2.48|benny79|The Big Easy|Golfhead65
    2.56|SEORG|Alanm|Princess Poppy
    3.04|Slave1|Golfnut203|BigcHap1759

The Main Event :D

We are off the whites.

NP - 13th LD - 18th

# I was talking to the Pro yesterday he said if we are all ready to rock for 1.30pm he will try his best to get us out early. So can I please ask EVERYONE to try there best.#

See you all in Dooks

Regards

Benny79

benny79 wrote: »
    2.48|benny79|The Big Easy|Princess Poppy
    2.56|SEORG|Alanm|BigChap1759
    3.04|Slave1|Golfnut203

We are off the whites.

NP - 13th LD - 18th

# I was talking to the Pro yesterday he said if we are all ready to rock for 1.30pm he will try his best to get us out early. So can I please ask EVERYONE to try there best.#

See you all in Dooks

Regards

Benny79

Am I out before everybody ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

2.48|benny79|The Big Easy|Princess Poppy
    2.56|SEORG|Alanm|BigChap1759
    3.04|Slave1|Golfnut203

We are off the whites.

NP - 13th LD - 18th

See you all in Dooks

Regards

Benny79

Good stuff, haven't played with ye two for a while (any injuries to report Tiger :)). Looking forward to it & setting an early target for the big guns at the business end of the table :D

Weather better get shifting a bit more, Sunday's downpour has shifted back to Saturday by the look of things on Met Eireann at the moment.

Benny, do one of those anti-rain dances for us will ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Weather better get shifting a bit more, Sunday's downpour has shifted back to Saturday by the look of things on Met Eireann at the moment.

Oh F.
    You're up Benny!

• Advertisement

2.48|benny79|The Big Easy|Golfhead65
    2.56|SEORG|Alanm|Princess Poppy
    3.04|Slave1|Golfnut203|BigcHap1759

We are off the whites.

NP - 13th LD - 18th

See you all in Dooks

Regards

Benny79

Sorry I had to rejig as I forgot someone my bad :D

Well I will be wearing shorts and Sun glasses dont know about the rest of you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Well I will be wearing shorts and Sun glasses

any nothing else? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

RoadRunner wrote: »
    any nothing else? :eek:

Maybe a smile as well😜

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ThecHamp26

Hi guys

Are we still on for the Dromoland open,
    What time, can someone add me back into WhatsApp group

The Champ

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

ThecHamp26 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Are we still on for the Dromoland open,
    What time, can someone add me back into WhatsApp group

The Champ

Ya, we're booked in for 2.30 and 2.40. Not sure how many, space is looking after that. Savage course, can't wait. Weather looks good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Any idea if there is a range at Dooks??

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭TheRoomWrecker

Any idea if there is a range at Dooks??

no range in Dooks from what I remember, there is a net 40 yards or so behind the first tee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Enjoy gents. Gutted to have missed this one.

Congratulations to AlanM on doing the Captains Prize and GOTY double, Thanks to Captain Benny for a great year and a brilliant Captains weekend and all the boardies for making it a great year..Roll on next year guys and gals

• Advertisement

Just home.
    Knackered!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

I would like echo what I sure many Society Members think. It was an excellent year with some great courses and a lot of passion shown by our outgoing Captain Benny who tirelessly worked all year to have everything run as smoothly as it did. It was also fantastic to see the new members that joined this year and I just hope they had a great time
    We were unlucky yesterday with the weather and I would just like to state I have never played in such atrocious conditions. I wasn't 100% before the round and I'm absolutely dying since yesterday with aches and pains in every joint. Fair play to everyone that completed their rounds and especially those that scored well enough to place / win. I've spent the last few hours sorting out the mess that was my clubs, bag and gear which is now spread around the house drying out.
    Kudos to AlanM in completing the double which is a great achievement.
    Finally Best of Luck to next years Captain Space who no doubt will bring a new dimension to his term much like his dancing.

PS...... Now to research a replacement trolley.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

If folk are on the hedge about whether to join this society then rest assured your only regret when you join is not joining sooner.
    Great bunch of welcoming golfaholics and great spirit.
    My only feedback after year one is I suggest new members should be given +3 Golfer of the Year points as an introductory bonus;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

slave1 wrote: »
    My only feedback after year one is I suggest new members should be given +3 Golfer of the Year points as an introductory bonus;)

Was it that close in the end ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Yupp. Very tight at the top.

I’d say when captain Benny recovers he’ll stick up a full report.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,712 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

That was epic rain - Seve, Doublecross and myself, at times felt like crying or laughing. We all did ok under the conditions. Some great golf at times - considering. A bogey was a good score. A par excellent , a bird unreal.

I have been travelling around Ireland a bit lately and basically went to Kerry not too well prepared for that type of rain. In fairness could you ever deal with rain like that ?

But I think I've fallen back in love with our little country again - what a stunning place Ireland is - and that part of Ireland is unreal. What a course - not that we seen it properly , but I will have to go back.

But such is life , long distance traveled, last day. You just had to go. Starting out in torrential downpour and no real let up till 15/16. It is rare I play in rain.

Fantastic stuff from Alanm to win everything on the day. Trophies / prizes hanging out of him.

Then we hit the tiles. Benny ending the year in proper Benny style - fun, singing, laughter, and a bit crazy :
    You did a great job Benny and it was the relaxed fun atmosphere that made the year.
    Best of luck Space, a fantastic pick for captain.

Was great to catch some old friends last night , old stories and new. Chats less about golf and more about life. The ups and downs , the good days the bad - the sunny days the wet.

Not sure where society or my golf is going next. But there in that stunning low land between mountains and sea - there was just something totally stunning about it. It certainly is as a sight on a golf course I will not forget.

Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,712 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Unreal - your talking maybe one putt over a full year :eek:

Alright folks, Im not fully recovered yet! but Just like to say to everyone Society members past & present, committee members and to all the new guys thanks for a brilliant year! Unfortunately I couldn't work my magic on the weather for Dooks. It was like my hang over and a bit delayed in arriving and didnt break to 16 but there was something magical about standing there in the pouring rain looking at the views definitely is a course Id be back too. But listen the after party definitely made up for it! :D Fixes singing got the whole pub going and Spaces dancing had everyone on the floor it was a magical night with life long memories!

To the Future Captain Space I cant wait for 2020 season to start its going to be a cracker!

Regards

Your Captain of 2019

Benny79

Oh Results.

Dooks Golf Club - Captain's Prize 2019

1st - Alanm
    NP - doublecross

2nd - Spacecoyote
    LD - Bigchap1759

3rd - Seve OB
    2's - doublecross

Golfer of the Year - Alanm

The official results be posted shortly. I just ask everyone that is in the top ten can you let us know if they can make the Ryder Jug event as I know some are away unfortunately.

Regards

benny79

• Advertisement

Full results guys

491414.jpg

Advertisement