Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

We Work IPO - Would you bother?

• 17-09-2019 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has thoughts on We work as an investment or trade if their IPO ever goes ahead.

My own view is the company is touted as some sort of tech unicorn when in reality its only a sub letter of office space with huge losses and a dodgy top structure. The company doesnt own property so has no assets and there are other companies in the same business with a far better track record and less hype who dont claim to be operating in a different sector.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

neris wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has thoughts on We work as an investment or trade if their IPO ever goes ahead.

My own view is the company is touted as some sort of tech unicorn when in reality its only a sub letter of office space with huge losses and a dodgy top structure. The company doesnt own property so has no assets and there are other companies in the same business with a far better track record and less hype who dont claim to be operating in a different sector.

Exactly my thoughts.

How they are losing money is beyond me. Its a very simple business model.
    They rent an office space and then sublet the desk space to workers.

If they cannot fill the office space (ie. make a loss) then they dont have a viable business.

I also think it is massively exposed in any sort of recession environment. Most of the people i know who use these spaces are contractors or work from home employees who just work from there occasionally as a means to get out of the house.

In a recession, using a shared office space like this will be a luxury and will likely be discarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Reminds me of Anglo.

Long term commitments but short term leases

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Did you read the IPO filing? Smells like a pump and dump to me

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

I wouldn't bet against Sam Zell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-33_A_YsWg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

No way no how, this company is a money pit, any kind of downturn will bankrupt them. This company isnt making money now and likely never ever will. Stay clear, very very clear.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement