Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Classic insurance without NCT

• 16-09-2019 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Is there anyone insuring classics that doesn't ask for proof of NCT?
    Thanks.
    T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I can't remember ever having been asked for an NCT.. even during a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Torq

I can't remember ever having been asked for an NCT.. even during a claim.

AXA told me today if a car hasn't been insured for over 6 years then they won't touch it without an NCT or engineers report.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,734 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Why don't you just NCT it?

unkel wrote: »
    Why don't you just NCT it?

If it was that easy I'd do it. I want to insure it to cover fire or theft, not road use as it needs to be restored and is not roadworthy. Happy now?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭elperello

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

FBD didn't ask for proof. Asked very few questions actually, I found it very easy to get classic insurance with them.

Torq wrote: »
    AXA told me today if a car hasn't been insured for over 6 years then they won't touch it without an NCT or engineers report.

Seems fair.

If it was that easy I'd do it. I want to insure it to cover fire or theft, not road use as it needs to be restored and is not roadworthy. Happy now?

Try First Ireland. I have a car in long-term storage and insured fully comp with FI. It is allowed 1500(2000?) miles or so, but that's only because that's the minimum they offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If only it had been possible to include that information in your opening post. You wouldn’t have had to go to the trouble of being snippy in response to the reply given based on the facts you made available to those who might take the trouble to respond.

:(

Waiting for FBD to call me back.

Campion will only cover for traveling to shows, NCT and to garage for maintenance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Steamed Clams

Waiting for FBD to call me back.

Campion will only cover for traveling to shows, NCT and to garage for maintenance.

I took out an FBD classic policy in the last few weeks, there's no such stipulations. Standard SDP wording, with limited mileage. I also wasn't asked about NCT status. I called into in my local branch rather than phoned, based on advice here and elsewhere.

Literally the easiest insurance dealing I've ever had. All they wanted was confirmation that I'm a member of a classic club, and to photocopy the cert for my main car's policy. TPF+T cover on a sub 30 year old Japanese import "sports car", for a sub 30 year old policy holder, 200e even :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I took out an FBD classic policy in the last few weeks, there's no such stipulations. Standard SDP wording, with limited mileage. I also wasn't asked about NCT status. I called into in my local branch rather than phoned, based on advice here and elsewhere.

Literally the easiest insurance dealing I've ever had. All they wanted was confirmation that I'm a member of a classic club, and to photocopy the cert for my main car's policy. TPF+T cover on a sub 30 year old Japanese import "sports car", for a sub 30 year old policy holder, 200e even :)

Gave me cover on the Sierra without membership of a club. Very handy, as you’ve mentioned.

Rang FBD again, all done and totally painless!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,734 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Glad for you that you got sorted!

Just wondering out loud here, would it be possible to add a car (that doesn't move) onto your home insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭elperello

unkel wrote: »
    Glad for you that you got sorted!

Just wondering out loud here, would it be possible to add a car (that doesn't move) onto your home insurance?

Maybe if it was like Jo Bonnier's McLaren :)

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8b/f5/3e/8bf53ebc506309ea4770cd7dcd2c8734.jpg

Advertisement