Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 6 - Transfer Thread

Options
  • 14-09-2019 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭

2FT...

Kane out being one of them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Gonna see how the second half goes for Spurs and how Bournemouth to tomorrow, but very likely it'll be Kane to Callum Wilson and then eventually Ceballos to Son

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Thinking of

In- Son
    Out - Martial

Also have another FT was thinking Tammy or a premium defender. I have 2 million in the bank after the son/Martial switch

• Registered Users Posts: 37,505 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Pending on performances in the City/Norwich game. Gotta get Abraham so Pukki or Wesley out depending on which midfielder I'm dropping. I've two ft's and considering a -4 to get aboard the Son, Mane and Abraham bandwagons.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

I think Pool defs out until Alison returns. Too expensive for fook all points.
    Might use my savings to get Tammy in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭COH

Kane > Abraham locked in... his price is gonna shoot up now :(

Second free transfer can either do McGinn to Son or Mount to KDB. Any opinions on the second transfer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Very tempted to wildcard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Looking at Vardy and Jota to Abraham and Barnes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

COH wrote: »
    Kane > Abraham locked in... his price is gonna shoot up now :(

Second free transfer can either do McGinn to Son or Mount to KDB. Any opinions on the second transfer?

Kane to Abraham done now as well. Hoping he was not taken off for anything serious. 4.1mill in the bank now to make some upgrade next week when next free transfer is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

gammygils wrote: »
    I think Pool defs out until Alison returns. Too expensive for fook all points.
    Might use my savings to get Tammy in

Very unlucky to not get a CS today. 9 times out of 10 that shot would have ended up in the stand apart from that newcastle had a half chance in the second half and no other shots on target.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Very unlucky to not get a CS today. 9 times out of 10 that shot would have ended up in the stand apart from that newcastle had a half chance in the second half and no other shots on target.

So I lost 2 clean sheets to 2 shots
    Ryan and Robertson
    Sums up my season so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,505 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

These things happen and it's the unlucky week but Liverpool have played five games now and have one clean sheet. That averages out at 7/8 clean sheets for a season which isn't enough with the prices you are paying for their players.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Kane to Pukki I Think.

Upgrade either Dendoncker or greenwood with the change.

Need to get rid of either VVD or Robertson but it's not priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

What about krafts chance he should have scored?

Also there was an offside called that wasnt off with Newcastle player clear through?

They were 2 very obvious other possible goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Have 2 FT, will see how bad Abraham injury is, other than that might bring in Tomori - cheap and Chelsea have a good run of game coming up after Liverpool, could also maybe get Cantwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Abraham and Mane look to have already hit the target for a price rise

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Fear Sterling getting rested and Aguero running riot against Watford. Can swap them for a -4 but I feel that might be a bit kneejerk.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

kennyb3 wrote: »
    What about krafts chance he should have scored?

Also there was an offside called that wasnt off with Newcastle player clear through?

They were 2 very obvious other possible goals.

Was that the one where robertson got out to him and he put it over the bar. That's what I was classing a half chance. Expected goals has newcastle at 0.29 today that's what I would have felt watching the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Wildcarded during the international break

Think I'm taking a -8 this week to try and fix my wildcard team

I have finally entered Idontgiveash!tsville

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Wonder if Aurier is likely to keep his place now that he's back?
    Not a bad price if he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Wonder if Aurier is likely to keep his place now that he's back?
    Not a bad price if he does.

Spurs fan here...depends if he decides to be an idiot in training and with the press. Poch knows he is a great player but he switches off and isn't the model pro.... Two things Poch absolutely hates.

The right back slot is a mystery for spurs (walker-peters + foyth in contention) I would avoid unless you have a good bench that will slot in as and when if you go for aurier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Have 2 FT, will see how bad Abraham injury is, other than that might bring in Tomori - cheap and Chelsea have a good run of game coming up after Liverpool, could also maybe get Cantwell.

Anyone know what the craic with him is? I can see he was on loan at Derby with Lampard last season, even won their player of the year. Is he covering for someone at the moment? Looks like they've gone 3 at the back and he's ahead of Zouma. If they happened to go back to 4 would it be Christensen and Rudiger again? Or is Azpil just covering an injury at RB?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Will be getting rid of Martial.

If Siggy drops 0.1 I'll be able to afford him - you'd expect him to start scoring soon and fixtures remain good. Ceballos the other consideration. Will be scouting heavily tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the craic with him is? I can see he was on loan at Derby with Lampard last season, even won their player of the year. Is he covering for someone at the moment? Looks like they've gone 3 at the back and he's ahead of Zouma. If they happened to go back to 4 would it be Christensen and Rudiger again? Or is Azpil just covering an injury at RB?

I doubt he'd make it into a 2 man job. Though if Lampard prefers players closest to him then who knows. He'd be vulnerable either way. That's Azpi's spot out right.

Shedite27 wrote: »

Dunno but at 4.5m even if he loses his place not that big of an issue to sit on the bench until a good time to ship him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Dunno but at 4.5m even if he loses his place not that big of an issue to sit on the bench until a good time to ship him out.

Not if you are relying on a budget 4-4.5 defence. He might be one of your only 3 on any given week.

Not if you are relying on a budget 4-4.5 defence. He might be one of your only 3 on any given week.

There are probably around 20 playing defenders in that range though so if you have gone the budget route, you should have at least 3 playing each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Before today, I was thinking I might switch KDB to Pepe to cover Arsenal for their good run of fixtures. Son very much in the reckoning now after today.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭ronan.h

Thoughts on Tammy and Richarlison in for Kane and Dendonker - no hit

Front three would be Pukki/Tammy/Barnes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

ronan.h wrote: »

Front three would be Pukki/Tammy/Barnes

Any news on Tammy's injury?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭normanoffside

ronan.h wrote: »