Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jon Hopkins BGE 06.03

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Leagues O'Toole
    @foggynotions
    13m13 minutes ago

Playing grand piano for parts of the show, he will be joined on stage by a small group of consummate musicians and long-time friends, consisting of acclaimed producer and guitarist Leo Abrahams, violinist and arranger Emma Smith and cellist Laura Moody.

https://www.facebook.com/jonhopkinsmusic/photos/a.937584062924464/2953249711357879/
    The POLARITY tour will bring together the two disparate elements of harsh and fragile in my music, in some of the most incredible concert halls in Europe. In the 18 years I've been releasing music, about half the stuff I've done has been beatless and meditative, but so far on this tour I've been focussing on the upbeat ravey side. For the Polarity shows I will have a grand piano on stage and be joined by my long-term collaborator / legendary guitarist Leo Abrahams, violinist and arranger Emma Smith and cellist Laura Moody. This will be the first time i've had the opportunity to explore both the techno side and the meditative side of my music on a full tour. T

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

this should be fairly special-if anyone has a BGE presale code, please do feel free to share....

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Anyone know how to get a BGE presale code - I've got a BGE account but can't find anything on their rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

atgate wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get a BGE presale code - I've got a BGE account but can't find anything on their rewards.

+1 anyone know how to go about this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭Zardoz

atgate wrote: »

You need to log into your BGE account and look under rewards .
    They will probably add the event in the morning ,its not showing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Supposed to be on presale at 10am, but no listing on TM?

Supposed to be on presale at 10am, but no listing on TM?

It is up. Just search Jon Hopkins and the pre-sale counter is currently ticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Event is also up on BGE rewards, but no passcode yet

€40 for stalls, not bad for Bord Gais

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Ben Done

Is it a generic presale code or individual?

Ben Done wrote: »
    Is it a generic presale code or individual?
    Individual

Pity you can't pick the row. It is giving the very first and second row. Should I wait or are these generally ok? Prefer somewhere more middling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Hah yeah I was dithering on those rows too, but went for circle instead due to impatience!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

There's hardly any tickets going for this?

There's hardly any tickets going for this?

Looks to be one, possibly two on Toutless

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35544&p=239526&hilit=jon+hopkins#p239526

First tour date in Edinburgh tomorrow night. Looking forward to seeing what the show entails. I can't wait for this gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Any idea of stage times?

Any idea of stage times?

Show
    Jon Hopkins - Polarity tour

Show Dates:
    Friday 6th March 2020
    Main Front Door Opening Time & Show Time
    Doors 7pm,
    Show 8pm

Show Duration
    2hrs 20 mins approx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Ben Done wrote: »
    Show
    Jon Hopkins - Polarity tour

Show Dates:
    Friday 6th March 2020
    Main Front Door Opening Time & Show Time
    Doors 7pm,
    Show 8pm

Show Duration
    2hrs 20 mins approx

2hrs and 20mins!? Is that just his set or is there support too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭circular flexing

keithkk16 wrote: »
    2hrs and 20mins!? Is that just his set or is there support too?

Probably his set. Wouldn't be too surprising if there was an intermission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Earthless

Unfortunately can't make it to this, So I have 2 tickets in the circle section. Face value.
    DM me if anybody is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Would love to know the setlist from last night in Usher Hall. Not on setlist.fm yet. A few clips on IG and it really looks cool. Anyone else going to find it weird just sitting there for a Hopkins gig?!

FYI

Actually reached out to someone on IG that was at the gig last night and this was her reply,

“ The show was amazing, but really weird sitting down... it worked for the quiet sections but everyone was on their feet for most of it. There was a support (I didn’t really enjoy him but that’s just my opinion!!) so JH was on from about 9-10:30. Enjoy the show tomorrow!!”

Hard to know if he is on at 8 or the support. I am guessing the support is at that time.

Hard to know if he is on at 8 or the support. I am guessing the support is at that time.

I assume it’ll be the same as Gateshead so 9.

I assume it’ll be the same as Gateshead so 9.
    Indeed
    https://twitter.com/aikenpromotions/status/1235958473663356929?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Any interval or straight through for tonight?presumably straight through given a support Act at 8

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

thunderdog wrote: »
    Any interval or straight through for tonight?presumably straight through given a support Act at 8

Given the way the email was worded I thought it was a solid 2 and a bit hours of music.

What time did he finish at? We had to leave around 10.45 unfortunately as had to get on the road

He started 15 mins late* and the technical issues are up another 10 mins at least so wondering if he played til 11?

*Obviously subject to change

Did enjoy it nonetheless. Don't think the quieter music is done as well as others in the live setting, but can't fault the electronic stuff

Advertisement